Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

They died of coronavirus did they? Says who? The Chinese government? Must be true then.

It's the snowflakes mate. Always need summat to moan about. If it's not the ozone layer it's #metoo, if it's not #metoo it's #methree haha. I like to keep myself corona virus free by bathing daily in the tears of remainers. No need to panic buy them - there's aplenty!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That’s not what I’m suggesting, but it’s still Boris who makes the final decision on whether to implement a plan. I’m my opinion, that makes it ‘his’ plan.

He isn't the president! The Cobra committee met and they came up with a plan.

32 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

On from my last post. In the West, Big Pharma will be egging this on for all it's worth. Vaccines, medicines et al. The TV stations will be loving it. All these people tuning in. Advertising revenue must be going through the roof.

Oh god, how did you escape from your bunker, not long until the Rapture now mate.

43 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Ooo steady on a bit. Do you in all  seriousness think this is a killer virus? What evidence is there that coronavirus is responsible for peoples deaths? Good question why didn't they just do nothing. Maybe with Italy and Iran it's just bad public policy. I've heard a theory posited about China. The Commies are in power. Communist governments don't tolerate demonstrations. All forms of dissent are crushed. Witness Hong Kong. Now I'm guessing here that the Commies are seriously worried about their grip on power. Chinese living standards are improving but this has come at a cost. Apparently the air in lots of Chinese cities is foul. Pollution is awful and to put it bluntly the Chinese people are pretty pi**ed off with it all, with Wuhan in particular pretty uppity. There has by all accounts been demonstrations (of course you never see these on the telly) and the Chinese don't want another Tienanmen  Square on their hands. It doesn't look good on the world stage. What better than the cover story of coronavirus? Shut the province down and the world thinks your acting in a benevolent manner not realising the ultimate motive which is to shut down dissent on the streets.

Makes perfect sense.

Oh by the way, you dropped your hat. 

b3708a10e4a54a1c844f525f358539ad.jpg

Sith Happens
26 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Surely a lettuce would be a better alternative?

Having to use vegetables as loo roll? That's just the tip of the iceberg. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh god, how did you escape from your bunker, not long until the Rapture now mate.

Quite a strange strategy to boost advertising while people are locked up and unable to spend the money they're not earning!

Didn't stop Midsomer Murders having multiple cruise adverts mind.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The 5800 deaths due to Coronavirus

I guess the point some are trying to make is that many of those that have died "due to the coronavirus" we're at high risk of dying from other ailments, including common flu, which is probably true as they all seem to have underlying medical conditions. However, I personally have no doubt that the virus is extremely serious and increasing the number of fatalities. 

1 minute ago, smiths_tavrn said:

That's another 6 minutes of my life that i can't  get back.

I have French news on TV and it is a bit like a time machine, they are about a week ahead of us and about aweek behind Italy. All that is happening here now happened there a few days ago  and if it follows same pattern it is about to hit the fan. France has closed all schools, college and Unis a few days after Italy. From tonight only essential shops such as food stores, pharmacy, petrol stations  and banks can remain open. Bars, Restaurants and cinemas will have to close. Numbers have trebled to 4500 ish in the past 3 days. Italy meanwhile has passed 21000 and hospital patients are in tents in car parks as they cant cope. I would like to think that government here know what they are doing but It will take some convincing...

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

That's another 6 minutes of my life that i can't  get back.

That's better than the 20 or 30 years some people are losing.... 

Archived