Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well half an hour till boris ( recorded mind you) 

anybody else found today irritating? From speculation ,devolved government s, and the rebrand slogan ? 

Why irritating? I've just waited until the statement and will wait to see how this pans out.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He’s not get to get all the details out in 10 mins. We will hear more as we go through tomorrow. To be honest, I don’t think he can do too much more at this stage. 

Even Starmer conceded more detail will follow but he still couldn't help (as any opposition leader would I guess) criticising.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why irritating? I've just waited until the statement and will wait to see how this pans out.

Well having been locked in for 7 weeks , not earned a bean , listened to guff for that time ( erm yes people do listen when they want to know what’s going on and when/ if they may ever get a life back) I find lots irritating not least today’s offerings from the world of media and politics 

Anyone else feel he could of said this last Thursday instead of say ‘oi! You factory workers! You’re back in tomorrow’

only if they’re proved to have taken the correct procedures though.

I guess he did lay out the next steps if we all behave ourselves and not break the rules like some of the experts.

3 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

In short, 7 mins of waffle followed by a sketch of a plan, short on details, that may or may not happen if we are naughty

If he can't make clear concise statements about what is to happen then how on earth can he expect the people of this country to follow them?!

So go to work if you can't work from home, but try not to use public transport and leave the kids home alone. Do wonder what will happen to social distancing and try not to worry if you get the sack for not turning in!

Oh and I've given you no warning so you don't have time to worry! Or think about how to make it work. Obvs!

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Anyone else feel he could of said this last Thursday instead of say ‘oi! You factory workers! You’re back in tomorrow’

only if they’re proved to have taken the correct procedures though.

I guess he did lay out the next steps if we all behave ourselves and not break the rules like some of the experts.

Surely the guidance to employers on safe working should've been published in advance, so they could prepare the workplace best as possible?

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well having been locked in for 7 weeks , not earned a bean , listened to guff for that time ( erm yes people do listen when they want to know what’s going on and when/ if they may ever get a life back) I find lots irritating not least today’s offerings from the world of media and politics 

Well, I guess I've managed to prevent myself becoming irritated today (any more than normal) by avoiding the media and politics and waiting for the statement and the detail to follow.

24 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Clear as mud.

If you can't work from home, go to work tomorrow.

What about hairdressers, nail parlours etc?

If you can work from home, continue to do so.
If you can't work from home, go to work tomorrow... if you can... and avoid public transport (Not sure if that last bit is a request or an order?)

If hairdressers can't legally open, then you can't go to work.
Barmaids can't go back yet, as pubs can't open.
@B4ev6is can't go back to work yet, as cinemas won't be open until July... At the earliest.
Muckerette cannot go back, as High Street shops can't re-open until July... At the earliest. 

I can go back to work... but I can do the majority from home, so will continue to WFH, and pop in to the office as and when I need to (inc a couple of hours tomorrow morning.  I've done about 8 hours/3 visits in the office since lockdown began), so no change for me.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he can't make clear concise statements about what is to happen then how on earth can he expect the people of this country to follow them?!

So go to work if you can't work from home, but try not to use public transport and leave the kids home alone. Do wonder what will happen to social distancing and try not to worry if you get the sack for not turning in!

Oh and I've given you no warning so you don't have time to worry! Or think about how to make it work. Obvs!

Yep , why the big build up for stuff that could have been said in ten minutes in daily update ? 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Well half an hour till boris ( recorded mind you) 

anybody else found today irritating? From speculation ,devolved government s, and the rebrand slogan ? 

Sorry, no offence intended. I just meant why irritated today specifically but, I guess you're explained that in your reply. 

33 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Clear as mud.

If you can't work from home, go to work tomorrow.

What about hairdressers, nail parlours etc?

He said shops would not start to open up until 1st June.

31 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

He’s not get to get all the details out in 10 mins. We will hear more as we go through tomorrow. To be honest, I don’t think he can do too much more at this stage. 

Let's be honest you could have predicted how the haters were going to respond.

Keir Starmer probably already had his speech written.

It's no wonder the Government arent comfortable with giving the public responsibility if they cant even apply a bit of common sense to the speech he has just delivered.

Were they expecting him to list every business in the country and say when they could re-open?

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

You know it’s been a good statement when, at 7:30 on a Sunday evening, many hundreds of thousands of people are less clear about their position tomorrow than they were at 6:30

Why what was hard to understand about it?

14 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Surely the guidance to employers on safe working should've been published in advance, so they could prepare the workplace best as possible?

I'm guessing that was a deliberate ploy on his part?
Might gibe a further week or two for many employers to prepare?  

Archived