Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Well that must show demand isn’t very high or they don’t test in the afternoon.

Most people, I'd imagine, do go in the morning. But no one entered and there was no visable queue. This was around 1pm. 

A couple of things about testing. My neice has been ill for a week and they made her drive all way down to Leicester for a test from Alfreton. Doesn't make sense when there's spare capacity locally. She works in distribution and has been at work since the lockdown with little social distancing. Anyway, she took test on Monday - no result yet.

On tests for asymptomatic staff in NHS - there has been a trial run of this nationally. Out Trust tested a sample of 400 staff, only 3 tested positive. Point is, 3 tested positive and are now self-isolating. Better to know this than to wait until they infect others (staff or patients.) 

I got the impression that this was a test run to see whether it is worth rolling out across NHS.

Maybe if there is no queue it should be open to anyone.

the test is available to buy privately but it’s £149

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

A couple of things about testing. My neice has been ill for a week and they made her drive all way down to Leicester for a test from Alfreton. Doesn't make sense when there's spare capacity locally. She works in distribution and has been at work since the lockdown with little social distancing. Anyway, she took test on Monday - no result yet.

On tests for asymptomatic staff in NHS - there has been a trial run of this nationally. Out Trust tested a sample of 400 staff, only 3 tested positive. Point is, 3 tested positive and are now self-isolating. Better to know this than to wait until they infect others (staff or patients.) 

I got the impression that this was a test run to see whether it is worth rolling out across NHS.

It does seem strange when there is a testing centre in Chesterfield although I don’t know if that is just for the NHS.

I hope she is ok results or not but it sounds like things need to speed up.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I'm just hoping is pours this weekend - possibly involving raining surly cats and rabid dogs to keep everyone indoors. The number of new cases is falling, but painfully slowly.

Looks like it's gonna be nice. I'm having a bbq tomorrow

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I said exactly the same yesterday, if they are claiming demand isnt meeting capacity, then extend the criteria to get more demand. Not rocket science surely.

If they are saying there are a large number of asymptomatic cases then open up the testing to everyone.

Surely much better to have demand above capacity and know that every possible test is being used.

And I'm sure they could put say 80,000 tests a day aside for key workers if they can see that is what the level of demand is.

Don’t mention science..

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Looks like it's gonna be nice. I'm having a bbq tomorrow

I think it's going to be unseasonably cold from Sunday and into at least the middle of next week, which means that the Memsahib at least won't be moaning about being under house arrest (she dislikes the cold), so that's a plus. On the down side, Tesco have just delivered a box of a dozen cans of Strongbow Cloudy cider, which is a sweet cider, instead of the Strongbow Original that I originally ordered, and that is a dry cider. So instead, she will spend the next few days whining and giving me GBH of the ear'ole about having nothing to drink (ignoring the hundred or so Belgian beers we have in the house, of course).

Well someone at the goverment have said ending were they paying end of 80 percent of our wages now ending it in june. One of them said people should get of lazy backsides get back to work. Well I cant they shut my work place.

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I went past the Prozac Stadium in Chesterfield this afternoon and there wasn’t anyone getting tested there. I don’t know what it’s like in the morning 

How depressing.

Wait, are puns allowed on this thread?

2 hours ago, Van Gritters said:

I went past the Prozac Stadium in Chesterfield this afternoon and there wasn’t anyone getting tested there. I don’t know what it’s like in the morning 

I was told that they are only testing NHS workers 'by invitation' and referrals. They are open at 8am and some days are tooling up a couple of hours later despite staff and tests being available because there are no referrals. My daughter works for the NHS and works closely with a care home a few miles from the Proact and the care staff are being sent to Leicester or Lincoln for testing

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

What time should we all be there? ?

About 3?. I've just marinated the chicken for the tikka kebabs and got the other food ready. I'll sort the Tucker out, you lot bring the beers.. We'll FaceTime Eddie as he's forced to stay indoors. We don't want him missing out

16 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

I was told that they are only testing NHS workers 'by invitation' and referrals. They are open at 8am and some days are tooling up a couple of hours later despite staff and tests being available because there are no referrals. My daughter works for the NHS and works closely with a care home a few miles from the Proact and the care staff are being sent to Leicester or Lincoln for testing

It makes no sense. Get onto Perkins to raise with the Government.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I think it's going to be unseasonably cold from Sunday and into at least the middle of next week, which means that the Memsahib at least won't be moaning about being under house arrest (she dislikes the cold), so that's a plus. On the down side, Tesco have just delivered a box of a dozen cans of Strongbow Cloudy cider, which is a sweet cider, instead of the Strongbow Original that I originally ordered, and that is a dry cider. So instead, she will spend the next few days whining and giving me GBH of the ear'ole about having nothing to drink (ignoring the hundred or so Belgian beers we have in the house, of course).

I'm working next week so weather won't bother me. Good from tomorrow for a couple of days so can enjoy my time off. Nip up to the co-op for her, you'll be reet

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I'm working next week so weather won't bother me. Good from tomorrow for a couple of days so can enjoy my time off. Nip up to the co-op for her, you'll be reet

Not allowed out, unfortunately. 6 weeks in, 6 weeks to go before they slap another 12 weeks on 'for my own good'.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not allowed out, unfortunately. 6 weeks in, 6 weeks to go before they slap another 12 weeks on 'for my own good'.

Who are they? Would they know? What would actually happen if they found out?

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

About 3?. I've just marinated the chicken for the tikka kebabs and got the other food ready. I'll sort the Tucker out, you lot bring the beers.. We'll FaceTime Eddie as he's forced to stay indoors. We don't want him missing out

I've just ordered another 48 beers, so that'll keep us going. Oh, wait. You don't have FaceTime Extra, which supports the teleporting of beer?

Archived