Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I suppose a lot depends on where the manufacturing capacity is.

True, i worry that the Orange Einstein will use it for political purposes if it comes out of the states first. I still believe that it will come out of China first, they have been working on it longer and being a Authoritarian state can bypass any red tape a lot easier than any Western Country.

18 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

True, i worry that the Orange Einstein will use it for political purposes if it comes out of the states first. I still believe that it will come out of China first, they have been working on it longer and being a Authoritarian state can bypass any red tape a lot easier than any Western Country.

Apparently the Chinese are working on an old-fashioned inactivated vaccine which is much easier to manufacture than modern genetically engineered vaccines. Lets hope it works.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

This is a tough one B4. Should we put healthy UK citizens before vulnerable people around the world or at least find a way to share the vaccines if produced here? Flip this around, if a US company gets the first vaccine to market, how will you feel if they say we are treating all 300 Americans first before sharing it?

Bloody hell, is that all that is left? Knew their death rate was bad but looks like it's gone through the roof in the last few days!

1 hour ago, Stagtime said:

A bit harsh mate, hopefully once they get past stage 3 trials they will share with the rest of the world a bit along the lines of the internet when it started.

Why is it so harsh I cant see them sharing it around.

8 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I suppose a lot depends on where the manufacturing capacity is.

It is my belief that, if one company comes up with the miracle vaccine (rather than a number of companies coming up with vaccines around the world at pretty much the same time: as I said in an earlier post - maybe AZ here, J&J in the US etc) then that company will licence it out and allow others to manufacture it (for a fee to recover some of their R&D costs which, isn’t unreasonable) given the scale of production required. I think everyone realises these are unprecedented times.

45 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It is my belief that, if one company comes up with the miracle vaccine (rather than a number of companies coming up with vaccines around the world at pretty much the same time: as I said in an earlier post - maybe AZ here, J&J in the US etc) then that company will licence it out and allow others to manufacture it (for a fee to recover some of their R&D costs which, isn’t unreasonable) given the scale of production required. I think everyone realises these are unprecedented times.

Worth following the money trail from that point I expect

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

I see 30-40,000 extra dead people per year in one state. 

Where did all the other deaths go? 

Oh, I see what youve done. You're giving Trump credit for curing cancer and heart disease in New York

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I see 30-40,000 extra dead people per year in one state. 

It's the figure of deaths in NY state, excluding NYC itself. 

That's all I can make out.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Where did all the other deaths go? 

Oh, I see what youve done. You're giving Trump credit for curing cancer and heart disease in New York

No, people with underlying health issues are having COVID-19 listed as either the cause or contributing factor into the death. Many of them would have died anyway, but the number dead is increased by around 35,000 per year - which should be the net effect of the virus.

If you want to discuss Donald's part in this, you are in the wrong thread.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's the figure of deaths in NY state, excluding NYC itself. 

That's all I can make out.

I didn't notice that. So depending on the figures for NYC, that total will be higher.

Archived