Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Yet some opposition in the UK want the Government to publish their exit strategy. The Government are saying it will mislead people while we’re not over the peak which I must agree. As soon as any new advice come out people will start doing it.

The good ol’USA will give us an interesting insight over the next week or two, with some of the States lifting a few restrictions but with the orange Clown effectively encouraging rebellion.  I watched his performance In Q&As last night and I am convinced that the guy must be in the early stages of dementia. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

The good ol’USA will give us an interesting insight over the next week or two, with some of the States lifting a few restrictions but with the orange Clown effectively encouraging rebellion.  I watched his performance In Q&As last night and I am convinced that the guy must be in the early stages of dementia. 

Who’s worse? 
The Clown, or the clowns who vote him in?

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Five weeks from it emerging the WHO were saying it is a high risk, could spread from human to human, kills and countries should be checking people at the borders. Immediately after the Cobra Committee dismissed any risk to the UK.

Would a quicker response have mattered if we ignored it anyway? 

Probably not, no.

Would our response have been different with more clear advice from WHO?

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

For all his pro Britain, even I am doubting his sanity. Although he fits perfectly into my US stereotype.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Who’s worse? 
The Clown, or the clowns who vote him in?

That’s a very difficult one to answer. Trump is borderline mad, but he ain’t stupid, and he plays to both the needs and weaknesses of the stupid. I think from my perspective Trump is worse, as he has the codes to the missiles.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Other way round.....from wikipedia 

"On most of the network, "up" is the direction towards London."

However, that article does also call out that the Midland railway was an exception to this rule and used "up" to refer to towards Derby. 

Well I never knew that........

That's because Derby is the centre of the known universe.

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

No, that's the DNC candidate, Joe Biden.

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The good ol’USA will give us an interesting insight over the next week or two, with some of the States lifting a few restrictions but with the orange Clown effectively encouraging rebellion.

It's quite scary really as we may get to see what Cov19 can do with no lock down. Hope we've banned air travellers from USofA!

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Whilst I agree that we dont want to be sending out the wrong signals to the general public, do you not think businesses need some sort of idea of when things are going to start moving again?

Would be good for the economy if businesses could plan and be ready to hit the ground running when things start to re-open.

Yes they do. I hope they can get some assurances quick. I don’t think anyone knows exactly what is the perfect plan and they want as much time as possible to gain information.

48 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh great. So the choice at the coming election is early stage dementia or dementia. 

13 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Oh great. So the choice at the coming election is early stage dementia or dementia. 

Really? I don’t normally follow American politics, so know very little about Biden (or Sleepy Joe as Trump calls him). 

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep ,the numbers being put out as headlines mean total zilch to the public ,even beyond the fact that deaths can be from now, two days ,two weeks previous, deaths are being recorded to Covid without any test and just presumption , deaths in care homes may have been Covid but not recorded as such and that’s just in this country,,,   Deaths in other countries are being recorded in different ways with different criteria for attributing to Covid yet we have some kind of league table scenario going on to judge successes and take lessons from lower death rates ,

it’s not just a bit of a mess , it’s a ducking mess

Don't worry, just  use the Chinese way of counting. If it looks a bit low compared to the norm wack on and extra 50%, just like that.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

Yet some opposition in the UK want the Government to publish their exit strategy. The Government are saying it will mislead people while we’re not over the peak which I must agree. As soon as any new advice come out people will start doing it.

If we go by Brexit where we've had 4 years and a complete shamble/no idea how to get out, it does inspire me with confidence for COVID19 exit strategy which has been around for just 2 months!

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably not, no.

Would our response have been different with more clear advice from WHO?

Probably not, because the British way is to do as little as possible, then blame somebody else when the actions are too late or inadequate.

Archived