The Politics Thread 2020

13 hours ago, RamNut said:

I know. Ridiculous. 

I hope that the rather suspicious figures are continued to be monitored and reported on, in a realistic way and the whole thing wasn't just a tool to deflect attention until yesterday. 

As an eg, I know in the past that an unemployment target may be set for say last day in Feb. As a team they know by mid Feb they probably will not reach that target and then a lot of undue scrutiny will result. 

Sooo..when a new person asks for an appointment to register as unemployed they can suddenly only find appointments after March 1st, or they scribble it down on a pad and don't update the system until March 1st, or on the person's record they forward date registration to 1st March or if they have information that someone may have lost their job they don't follow it up til 1st etc. 

Matt Hancock thinks a target sharpens the mind and gets results...but I hope he realises that he could just encourage more and more creative accounting that even he isn't aware of. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

No its not it just takes some thought we have taken several measures including working three shifts instead of two, staggering break times, gaps between shifts, marking out floors with a sanitising space, one person at a time in the locker room If you want you can do it It may come at the cost of a bit of productivity but if you try it is possible 

We’ve even taped off every other urinal and sink in the toilets. Crews still share a van which is strange but must be acceptable. 

I know area in the factory where a pallet can't fit if someone is working that station so they have to move. 

I'm working at home but the minute one of the team is ill, I'll be taking his place. I'm on the bench. 

It's impossible to set up a safe working environment for some jobs. 

13 hours ago, TramRam said:

Surely they were past there sell buy date?

We went to Toulouse through work for a visit to Airbus, 15/20 of us, As we were their guests they took us to a country pub, Everyone had steak and salad, We cut into our steaks and blood everywhere, On top of the salad were crayfish, No word of a lie, Some of those creatures were moving.

Only a couple of the lads ate the steaks, The rest was left, Steaks cut to ribbons looking for a piece that was well done...but non?

Mcdonalds made a few bob that night...the French team were not impressed ?

French cuisine is a myth.. Never had a decent meal in France.

41 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I know area in the factory where a pallet can't fit if someone is working that station so they have to move. 

I'm working at home but the minute one of the team is ill, I'll be taking his place. I'm on the bench. 

It's impossible to set up a safe working environment for some jobs. 

Maybe but people have to think outside of the box. We started early, looking at this towards the end of February so we had a plan in place and actually identified the key points where contact takes place, i agree but we found the hard points was were there was product transfer or consultation was necessary. So we created sanitisation spaces for transfer and kept contact on consultation down to e-mail or written. Yep, some off it is not efficient but after eight weeks we have it working particularly well. Of Course we do slip into old ways i found myself yesterday trying to decipher a drawing with the engineering manager in close quarters, however we soon realised our  error and quickly went back to SD.

1 hour ago, Van Gritters said:

We’ve even taped off every other urinal and sink in the toilets. Crews still share a van which is strange but must be acceptable. 

i noticed the bin men around us where three crewed in the wagon early on. Now they are still three crewed but wear masks.

1 hour ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Maybe but people have to think outside of the box. We started early, looking at this towards the end of February so we had a plan in place and actually identified the key points where contact takes place, i agree but we found the hard points was were there was product transfer or consultation was necessary. So we created sanitisation spaces for transfer and kept contact on consultation down to e-mail or written. Yep, some off it is not efficient but after eight weeks we have it working particularly well. Of Course we do slip into old ways i found myself yesterday trying to decipher a drawing with the engineering manager in close quarters, however we soon realised our  error and quickly went back to SD.

That's all very good but sure I read on Twitter or Facebook that you can transmit the virus via e-mail.

4 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

No its not it just takes some thought we have taken several measures including working three shifts instead of two, staggering break times, gaps between shifts, marking out floors with a sanitising space, one person at a time in the locker room If you want you can do it It may come at the cost of a bit of productivity but if you try it is possible 

Yep, done all that, still some jobs/ areas where its impossible though.

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Yep, done all that, still some jobs/ areas where its impossible though.

2000 people in our factory. You can close lines, but it's impossible to run with everyone 2m apart in my opinion. 

Masks are not permitted as the risk is that breath condensation will contaminate the product. 

Without sounding like undermining the Government advice, the 2m is a guideline (and want that I am told has very little basis). Doesnt common sense come into play a little.

It's not like if you get within 2m of someone you both automatically get the disease

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

2000 people in our factory. You can close lines, but it's impossible to run with everyone 2m apart in my opinion. 

Masks are not permitted as the risk is that breath condensation will contaminate the product. 

Same here with the masks.

Also we are trying to set on around 100 extra staff because of the need to run extra shifts and lines. The only way to train these is "buddy" training.

37 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Western intelligence agencies huh.  Their record of truthful claims is abysmal.

Can't read the third link, for i use adblocker.

A line from the second link that i found particularly laughable:

"Throughout February, Beijing presses the US, Italy, India, Australia, Southeast Asian neighbors and others not to protect themselves via travel restrictions, even as the PRC imposes severe restrictions at home," the dossier reportedly states. 

As if China has any power to order countries how to react to a pandemic.  Countries that continued to allow incoming flights from high risk areas can only blame themselves.

i don't trust WHO, i don't believe a word that western powers and their agencies burp up, in fact when they accuse someone of something, it's more than likely in my mind that they are the true culprits, it's how they operate.  That being said, i don't trust the words of China either.

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

ramit said he couldn't read the 3rd link, I posted the 1st link, Alot of copy and pasting for little reward ?

Archived