UEFA Youth League play-off draw

Mr. P

https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/draws/2020/2001176/

• The winners of the eight Domestic Champions path second-round ties will be paired with runners-up from the UEFA Champions League path group stage in the draw, streamed live from Nyon at 14:00 CET on Monday.

• The eight teams from the Domestic Champions path will be at home in the one-off ties on 11/12 February.

• Clubs from the same association cannot meet; any other restrictions will be announced before the draw.

• The eight play-off winners join the eight UEFA Champions League path group winners in the round of 16.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my extensive scouting research (2 minutes on Google), they've only kept a clean sheet once all season in all competitions so our attack should cause them a lot of issues. They do however have a very dangerous attack of their own and have scored 59 goals in their 21 games this season. So a 0-0 and low scoring penalty shootout is on the cards. 

Exciting times indeed for our young players.

I do hope we get a really good attendance for this as I am sure a positive atmosphere will help.

For those who don't follow Ryan Conway from The Athletic on twitter, he is saying the ties are a week later 18/19 February. Does anyone know why? 

Just now, angieram said:

Exciting times indeed for our young players.

I do hope we get a really good attendance for this as I am sure a positive atmosphere will help.

For those who don't follow Ryan Conway from The Athletic on twitter, he is saying the ties are a week later 18/19 February. Does anyone know why? 

Not sure what the exact reason, but the youth ties are not so strongly scheduled. In principle, Wednesday is the game day but UEFA is very flexible with these.

Some may have exams and that is good enough reason to postpone it.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Real tough draw that. Little old Derby against the German giants Dortmund would usually spell an absolute hammering for us. But, with these young lads, who knows! An exciting tie for sure, sadly I’ll be back at uni so won’t be able to make it! Just have to hope it’s broadcast in some way.

They've streamed some games live on the UEFA website, now there's not so many to choose from it may be shown.

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Tough draw.

Arguably the biggest name in the draw... but it's impossible to say if it's a tough draw. Obviously didn't win their group, so in the playoffs with us.

I just hope it's scheduled when we don't have any senior midweek games.  That will mean Bird, Knight and Sibley can all be involved.

edit - just checked an no midweek senior game that week, so good omens.  

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Real tough draw that. Little old Derby against the German giants Dortmund would usually spell an absolute hammering for us. But, with these young lads, who knows! An exciting tie for sure, sadly I’ll be back at uni so won’t be able to make it! Just have to hope it’s broadcast in some way.

could hopefully be one of the ones that are broadcast by UEFA, dont think Rams TV would be able to

Archived