Should DCFC rename the South Stand...

Ellafella

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Voted no ,,, much as I have a fair deal of affection for Jim during his time with us there really is not enough to name a stand after him 

I agree, reluctantly. 

Stands should be named after all time legends who lifted the club above and beyond.

Jim was close, and deserves some sort of legacy, but I'd say a suite named in his honour would be more appropriate.

You can't have a Jim Smith stand, if you don't have a Clough or Mackay stand, imo.

Respect to jim, but Arthur Cox achieved just as much. 

There really should bea Kevin Hector stand.

actually scrap that......

the Kevin Hector Stadium.

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

There may be a way around that.

Not sure how up to date this example is (Pretty certain it's now well out of date, but my point still stands) but clicking on "Pride Park Stadium Seating Plan" on Google Images, it shows amongst others "The Gordon Guthrie South West Corner Stand presented by 3AAA" 

Ok, it's a mouthful, but hey, if the sponsors are paying!  ?

Didn’t 3AAA go bust or get wiped out by the government?

11 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I agree, reluctantly. 

Stands should be named after all time legends who lifted the club above and beyond.

Jim was close, and deserves some sort of legacy, but I'd say a suite named in his honour would be more appropriate.

You can't have a Jim Smith stand, if you don't have a Clough or Mackay stand, imo.

While I completely understand your position and do agree with the principle; by that measure its unlikely we're ever going to have anyone with the club, in decades, perhaps ever that deserve to have a stand named after them.
That means our stands are all going to remain unnamed or take the names of crappy corporate sponsors and that's really dull ? Anything to give Pride Park more character is a good thing imo.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

While I completely understand your position and do agree with the principle; by that measure its unlikely we're ever going to have anyone with the club, in decades, perhaps ever that deserve to have a stand named after them.
That means our stands are all going to remain unnamed or take the names of crappy corporate sponsors and that's really dull ? Anything to give Pride Park more character is a good thing imo.

What about the renaming the north stand the Gary Rowett Stand.

Perfect fit...

Just now, Squid said:

What about the renaming the north stand the Gary Rowett Stand.

Perfect fit...

There's usually enough empty seats to make that a fitting tribute; but I'm not sure the fans who populate that area have nice enough footwear.

Archived