V Millwall matchday thread

oomarkwright

21 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Horrifc yet again and that post match interview with Cocu is nothing short of a disgrace. Couldn’t disagree more. If he thinks the problem first half was that we were too direct then I don’t want him anywhere near the club. Slow, passive, negative and completely boring to watch. While he has been unlucky with injuries, the style of play is dreadful and selection of players very worrying. Clearly fallen out again with Marriott too.

You have to question if Cocu is the right man regardless of the lack of time after the performances and selection recently. Fills me with no excitement and clearly struggling to adjust to championship football. Said in the summer I wanted Bowyer and stand by it.

Totally agree 

mum seeing nothing in what on the pitch or from his mouth that makes me think he has a clue about how to negotiate this league it just starting to smack of frank de boer at palace quite frankly 

I wanted Chris Hughton for what it’s worth 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Emson said:

But they are doing as instructed - that's exactly the problem !

Are they though?

Do you really think a manager who played at the top and has won 3 league titles as a manager would instruct his players to play like that?. Not a chance.

It's already been said that he's seen all this match and the last one shouting instructions to the team and they are just ingnoring him.

They know he won't drop them cos there's no one to take their place.

I think big things are coming, come Jan.

It's hang in there time.

Davies and Forsyth looked very average at best. Evans passed sideways at best. Lawrence did very little and chose t hide rather than show more often that not. Bogle worked hard going forward and deserves more success than he is getting. Holmes worked hard and sometimes looked dangerous. Waghorn missed his chances again. Martin won several good freekicks from nothing and made a few nice heads on. 

and Beirlek stayed on the bench and the manager brought on Dowell

and Millwall were a very poor side who beat us quite easily.

I’m desperate to say wait till January but even me, from the football I’ve seen am losing faith in what I believed was going to be delivered from Holland. The passing game they do so well, we don’t look close. Will we be patient. I’m trying I really am SSA 

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

GK.. well he could play Roos (who everyone hates and slags off every time he plays) or Carson (who everyone thinks is poo at distribution) or Hamer (who's poo at shot stopping and distribution but can punch better than the other two). He has no choice.

CBs.. he could play Ke...oh, he could play Clarke (who people have also flagged off for his passing). Nope no choice.

CM.. Bielik? Yes! When not injured. Holmes? Evans? poo. Huddlesto.... shin... ducking hell. Holmes who was an inferior stand-in for Mount now and then? Dowell?

R/LW.. um, Lawrence, Josefzoon, Waghorn? Holmes? (Oh, no, he's needed in the middle).

But no, those issues are definitely Cocu's fault.

Don't understand any of this in relation to my quoted comment .

You sound a bit  confused about what you are responding to ? 

When we lose it turns into a feeding frenzy and the longer the poor run goes on the more toxic the mood will become.

the mistakes were made in the summer. MM gets too involved in the footballing side. We sign loans because he doesn’t want to block the progress of academy players and we miss value for money gems ? like Crowley. We also fail to address the gaps in the squad. We haven’t had a left footed wideman for ages and we have had more than long enough to find a player for that position. We don’t seem to be producing a player for outside left. I have argued for ages that two quality wingers would transform this side. We expect far too much from bogle. The attacking threat from full back should be a bonus not a necessity. We are also too fond of the idea that holding midfielders are the key, when in reality they are also the reason we sit deep and play the easy passes back and forth, left and right. And so we blow all of our budget on yet another one. We have an unbalanced squad which is lacking in quality and very thin in places. Centre back is now another priority area. 

The reality is that we aren’t going to play Lampardesque short passing champagne football. We will play in fits and starts, here and there. We will play in patches. Good in some areas of the pitch, crap elsewhere. We will need to scrap until we can improve the squad.

today, I happen to agree with Cocu that in the first half we lacked courage. We would prat about with the easy passes, and when we did get it forward to Lawrence, waghorn and co, they would smack it straight back. once again I thought knight did ok but it may not be healthy to over expose youngsters when the mood is turning sour and hostile. 

Second half was better. One lovely seven pass move ended with a decent low shot from waghorn. The keeper also made two good saves from a deflected effort and a bogle cross. That’s as good as it will get with this squad up against a well organised defence. 

33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You are the second person to post about the atmosphere in the East Stand today, @reverendo de duivel posted he left early as he feared he would end up enlightening some big gob, it’s a shame people feel they have to remove themselves from toxic situations at their home ground. 

I understand the frustration but take it out on here or down at half time, the players are low on confidence and it just doesn’t help them 

29 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Horrifc yet again and that post match interview with Cocu is nothing short of a disgrace. Couldn’t disagree more. If he thinks the problem first half was that we were too direct then I don’t want him anywhere near the club. Slow, passive, negative and completely boring to watch. While he has been unlucky with injuries, the style of play is dreadful and selection of players very worrying. Clearly fallen out again with Marriott too.

You have to question if Cocu is the right man regardless of the lack of time after the performances and selection recently. Fills me with no excitement and clearly struggling to adjust to championship football. Said in the summer I wanted Bowyer and stand by it.

He wasnt saying we should have carried on passing around the back and hope for opportunities. It was that hitting it hopefully towards Martin played into their hands and it did because no one picked up the loose balls. He wants us to be sharp and accurate splitting players and playing through different stages from the back. It needs courage, which he did say in his interview, but we desperately lack.

Oh and quality, we lack quality too

8 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Are they though?

Do you really think a manager who played at the top and has won 3 league titles as a manager would instruct his players to play like that?. Not a chance.

It's already been said that he's seen all this match and the last one shouting instructions to the team and they are just ingnoring him.

It's hang in there time.

He’s won 3 titles on a league of two 

the erdevise is predominantly dominated by Ajax or psv with the occasional feyanoord or fc twente rocking the boat 

the two biggest clubs dominate with their more lofty resources it’s basically a more glamorous Scotland so I’m not going to read too much into that

his more recent failing in turkey is becoming a closer match to how things are panning our for him here right now 

quite frankly the performances of late have been totally inept and while there is obviously grace allowed for timescale and unprecedented injuries and social event accidents he must carry a large portion of responsibility as to how we’re failing so spectacularly on the pitch  

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Oh and quality, we lack quality too

Absolutely, we don’t have 1 player (Rooney aside) who could cut it at the next level. We have a team of mid table championship players, and thats it. Good recruitment and a bit of cash is needed not a change a manager. 

9 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Are they though?

It's hang in there time.

You may well be right

I just find it inconceivable that the players would deliberately ignore instructions match after match, and from the very minute of the kick off

And have you ever met a credible and successful manager ( in any walk of life)  who's staff just ignore what they are saying ? If they do , its surely because they have no respect for either the person or what they are saying. Why else would they ignore it ?

14 minutes ago, Emson said:

Don't understand any of this in relation to my quoted comment .

You sound a bit  confused about what you are responding to ? 

Screenshot_20191214-182750.thumb.png.ee2a912e2dfc773b921f198675afd556.png

@Ghost of Clough pointed out issues with the performance

You said they were all down to the manager.

I gave some reasons why those issues are occurring, which would indicate that they're not all the responsibility of the manager, more that with players available to him these issues are unavoidable.

I'm not sure what's confused you?

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

today, I happen to agree with Cocu that in the first half we lacked courage. We would prat about with the easy passes, and when we did get it forward to Lawrence, waghorn and co, they would smack it straight back. 

Why wouldn't Cocu be able to anticipate this, from this squad? Why didn't he start more offensively?

46 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

You need to listen again. He said the tea. Lacked courage to play first half which resulted in long ball. Courage wa the issue. 

16 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You are the second person to post about the atmosphere in the East Stand today, @reverendo de duivel posted he left early as he feared he would end up enlightening some big gob, it’s a shame people feel they have to remove themselves from toxic situations at their home ground. 

That's probably my lad tbh @Pearl Ram, he said he would make a post.

I can take crap football, after all it's what I've seen the majority of my time as a fan, I've never seen us win anything but promotion, but that's nowhere near enough to make me turn away from the club.

I just found the atmosphere around me today too much to take, opened my gob and got into arguments with people around me, which is unlike me. It's an expensive hobby is football, and I could think of several less stressful and cheaper ways of spending my time than arguing with people I don't know.

The team we sent out today had 3 academy graduates in Lowe, Bogle and Knight. All 3 were booed at some stage in that 1st half, alongside pretty much all of the others, mostly for the crime of keeping possession by playing the easy/safe/correct ball, delete as appropriate.

This started very early into the game, and you could see the effect it had on the whole team, not just the youngsters. Instead of playing as they would naturally, they became frightened of playing a pass anything other than forward, leading to guessing passes and loss of possession.

Then the very same people start moaning that we're rushing things and have no composure, no poo Sherlock!

The worse thing about today? The very same supporters who made today intolerable on a personal level, would have seen us leave at half time and thought fookin half fans, and they'd be right in some ways.

Archived