Morgan Whittaker

Bubbles

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If JML came into the first team, every time he took a first touch I think odds would be against him having a second one. Only happens 50% of the time at youth level ? 

If we were playing a hyper defensive counter-attacking style I'd be more inclined to experiment with him.

Whittaker, imo, is underrated by many due to how eye-popping Sibley's youth performances can be. They're in the same bracket, for me. Plus, clearly, if Whittaker is seeing involvement it means his first team training is going better than Sibley's.
But that being said, neither are going to come in and be our best player - they'll need time being a bit average, and the question is whether or not they'll survive that time.

Couldn't agree with you more on your statement.

However at the moment, given how we are I'd be happy to experiment with him and give him game time, Not being funny but most of our players away from home are bang average, so he will fit right in!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Don’t rate him don’t think he will make it. Very frustrated to see him given chances over Sibley but Cocu sees him in training and must see something there...

He’s the next Marvin Robinson/Theo Robinson for me.

Blummin 'eck, bit harsh.

No worse than some of what we've got. i.e. Zoon.

Give him a chance, a proper one.

Maybe he's being given chances over Sibley for a reason?

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Difficult to have any real idea about his ability without seeing him play enough. Lawrence was absolutely awful today, I’d drop him Saturday and give someone a run out ahead of him. Whether that’s Whittaker or not I guess depends on how much confidence we have in him.

So drop a player after ONE bad match . Nope.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely superb is a bit of a stretch imo, but yes he was decent and has been one of our better players this season. Worst player on the pitch today though, and you can’t get away with a performance like that otherwise standards drop. Stick him on the bench and make him fight for his place back.

And potentially miss out on another good performance this Saturday?  Naive tactics.

Just now, Squid said:

We making 9 changes for saturday then?

You could make an argument for it in all fairness, there were that many players out there that didn’t show any fight. We don’t have the squad to do so of course, but you’ve gotta swap out the worst performers. Lawrence was one of those.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You could make an argument for it in all fairness, there were that many players out there that didn’t show any fight. We don’t have the squad to do so of course, but you’ve gotta swap out the worst performers. Lawrence was one of those.

Lawrence was not the worst player on the pitch by a long stretch. Yes we wasn’t good but he actually worked hard and nothing just went for him as soon as he gets the mall he’s surrounded by 4 Fulham players. He got hounded out the game by this. There were many worse players. Roos bogle Lowe Holmes Evans Martin waghorn.

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Lawrence was not the worst player on the pitch by a long stretch. Yes we wasn’t good but he actually worked hard and nothing just went for him as soon as he gets the mall he’s surrounded by 4 Fulham players. He got hounded out the game by this. There were many worse players. Roos bogle Lowe Holmes Evans Martin waghorn.

I disagree, he wasted the best chance of the game which we can’t keep accepting. He also offered absolutely no defensive support to his fullback, and really didn’t work anywhere near hard enough to get involved in the game. Waghorn, Evans and Bogle were all pretty rank awful as well, but Lawrence was the worst of the lot.

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

Agreed, gave the ball away easily and seemed naieve and scared. 
Don’t rate him don’t think he will make it. Very frustrated to see him given chances over Sibley but Cocu sees him in training and must see something there...

Seriously? A couple of away appearances and that's it? Total write off? But hey, we should be playing Sibley up front or on the wing out of position instead?

Give me strength.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

In all fairness, I do agree with you to an extent.

Put it this way, everyone complains about Jack Marriott not playing, he's put in poor performances so far this season.

But when he's dropped everyone gets mard on and complains?

Does that logic not count for him, just because he bagged 2 goals against leeds in the playoff semi?

I honestly think, in my opinion, Tom Lawrence doesn't deserve dropping, yes he had a poor performance but many others did.

If we look at players who continiously put in bang average performances, i.e. Duane Holmes, Waghorn, etc. These are the ones that should be dropped.

Tom has been superb since the incident and theres no hiding away from that, he's been our star man in most games, yeah he had a crappy performance but at the end of the day as a collective the whole team performed like a bunch of u15's.

I know it's early days but I think on saturday I'd like to see something like this:

Hamer

Bogle   Evans   Forsyth   Lowe

Bielik

Sibley   Shinnie(if hes better)

Lawrence

Whittaker   Martin.

That's based on poor performances, over the past few games (Not just this one game)

Would put Bielik/Forsyth as captain, Davies hasn't been good enough for a while now.

Thank you for brightening up my Wednesday morning with this piece of absolute comedy gold.

That is of course to assume this is satire, after all I can’t imagine anyone sane would be writing off an 18 year old who hasn’t even made 5 appearances off the bench for the first team, even going as far as suggesting a player who plays in a completely different position should be receiving minutes ahead of him.

10 hours ago, enachops said:

It’s not a stretch at all, he was brilliant. 

I disagree with you on this one. Bigger problems than Lawrence. Holmes poor again, Bielik was on his own in midfield. Both full backs got beat time and time again and Bogle dribbled into dead ends and produced little going forward. Davies very poor for 2nd. Martin too isolated, Waghorn touch atrocious. Need I go on...

Agree with most of that. Evans was good on the ball but they seemed to have a lot of time and space unless Bielik was in the area. He’s starting to look very good but can’t do it on his own. 

I was unimpressed with Lowe - some very poor crosses and wasn’t great defensively either. 

They made sure Bogle was shut down to be fair to him. 

Are you for real?

Comments like this make by blood boil. Two fkin games he's been involved in, 18 years old, coming into a team already losing, playing alongside some players who don't deserve the shirt and you've binned him already. 

You must have seen totally different to me because I saw a lad who was willing to get the ball and run at the defence. I saw a lad who lost the ball but was willing to run his hardest to win it back.

Give the lad a chance to prove himself otherwise supporters like you will ruin any chance they might have at Derby. Also, why don't you go and watch some U18s and U23s games, you might then be more qualified to comment. 

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I disagree, he wasted the best chance of the game which we can’t keep accepting. He also offered absolutely no defensive support to his fullback, and really didn’t work anywhere near hard enough to get involved in the game. Waghorn, Evans and Bogle were all pretty rank awful as well, but Lawrence was the worst of the lot.

But he was up top. He shouldn’t be helping the full backs but he did. Holmes didn’t track and neither did waggy harsh to single Lawrence out imo

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I would've preferred to see Whittaker to play 90 mins tonight just to make sure youth team to progress in euro games...

If he hadn't been the only reason we looked competent for any amount of time yesterday, I'd agree with you. But he was the reason we had 15 minutes of a good game and I think that'll end up being invaluable in the long run.

U19s have Jack Stretton; no worries ? 

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Generally though, I think it's better to blood youngsters in a team playing well rather than asking them to turn things around. So, at the moment, that would maybe be in home games only.

As I was one to point out that Whittaker had misplaced a couple of easy passes, I hasten to emphasize that I also said ^^^^^^^^^^

Archived