Belper Town

Srg

Belper have equaled their greatest ever FA Cup run and have reached the 4th Qualifying Round having beaten a couple of higher division teams already, and are 1 win away from the first round proper.

They have notched 17 games unbeaten starting last year, and could go top in the league if they do well in their numerous games in hand (all rearranged due to the cup).

Today, the draw has been made and we have got Notts County at Meadow Lane, to be played weekend of the 19th October.

This is absolutely insane for a club of Belper's size, and with Derby away that weekend, it would be immense to get as many fans across the border into enemy territory as possible.

inb4 @David makes a snide comment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Srg said:

Belper have equaled their greatest ever FA Cup run and have reached the 4th Qualifying Round having beaten a couple of higher division teams already, and are 1 win away from the first round proper.

They have notched 17 games unbeaten starting last year, and could go top in the league if they do well in their numerous games in hand (all rearranged due to the cup).

Today, the draw has been made and we have got Notts County at Meadow Lane, to be played weekend of the 19th October.

This is absolutely insane for a club of Belper's size, and with Derby away that weekend, it would be immense to get as many fans across the border into enemy territory as possible.

Sorry , i would have loved to be there but ill be at Charlton Away.
Hope they win though

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If I were a Belper fan, I'd resent Derby fans gatecrashing their big game.

I know I'm in a minority though.

Imagine how the 5 hardcore Burton fans feel at every home game

11 minutes ago, David said:

Imagine how the 5 hardcore Burton fans feel at every home game

I do think they've developed their own support in recent years, to be fair, even though it's crap. Just look at how much they say they hate Derby.

Seriously though, imagine if you were a hardcore Burton supporter in the 2000s and you see 10,000 bandwagon jumpers go to Old Trafford in the FA Cup.?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I do think they've developed their own support in recent years to be fair, even though it's crap. Just look at how much they say they hate Derby.

Seriously though, imagine if you were a hardcore Burton supporter in the 2000s and you see 10,000 bandwagon jumpers go to Old Trafford in the FA Cup.?

They have....only used to be 3 of them

50 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We don’t gatecrash. We are Belper people and go watch Belper when Derby are away. 
One of the great things about Belper is how absolutely welcome you feel when you go, as a familiar face or an occasional visitor, you are appreciated and greeted with immense hospitality. They work really hard to keep the club going in that vein, they’re great people and not at all like that. 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

We don’t gatecrash. We are Belper people and go watch Belper when Derby are away. 
One of the great things about Belper is how absolutely welcome you feel when you go, as a familiar face or an occasional visitor, you are appreciated and greeted with immense hospitality. They work really hard to keep the club going in that vein, they’re great people and not at all like that. 

I was thinking more, for example, if 1,000 Derby fans turned up for this game and never showed up again. As happened on an even greater scale when Burton played United at Old Trafford in 2005. I also don't doubt that they're very welcoming, but I'm just offering what my own thoughts would be if I was in their position. 

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I was thinking more, for example, if 1,000 Derby fans turned up for this game and never showed up again. As happened on an even greater scale when Burton played United at Old Trafford in 2005. I also don't doubt that they're very welcoming, but I'm just offering what my own thoughts would be if I was in their position. 

I understand that but they’re happy for any support, the money really is needed. 

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You are, because it's Belper here. We're not talking about Derby fans turning up at Burton or whatever. They're a local non-league side, where there's probably less than 100 fans who would say they only support Belper, everyone has another team, or their "proper" team, as well.

On 07/10/2019 at 13:50, Srg said:

That's brilliant and all a far cry from standing around the railings that surrounded the pitch at Christchurch Meadows waiting for the dressing room/social club door to fly open and the team to emerge in billowing clouds of cigarette smoke.

Those were the days.......a big crowd would be 60-odd for the local Derby against Heanor.

I remember when a Belper winger got a trial at Derby and didn't make the cut - and that was under Tommy Doc!!!

Happy memories..........

No stripes involved these days...

from what I can tell, for the occasion we will be wearing all gold (yellow) due to the kit clash black shorts. Our away kit and home kit both use black shorts. Looks like they’re having them specially done. 

On 08/10/2019 at 17:55, Van der MoodHoover said:

That's brilliant and all a far cry from standing around the railings that surrounded the pitch at Christchurch Meadows waiting for the dressing room/social club door to fly open and the team to emerge in billowing clouds of cigarette smoke.

Those were the days.......a big crowd would be 60-odd for the local Derby against Heanor.

I remember when a Belper winger got a trial at Derby and didn't make the cut - and that was under Tommy Doc!!!

Happy memories..........

Leicester of the non-league. It’s Ilson we’re bothered about. ?

Archived