Belper Town

Srg

On 11/10/2019 at 21:47, philmycocu said:

I was born in Holbrook, therefore Belper Town is my team ? C'mon you yellows (?)

Reading this reminded me of Chris Martin’s claims of being Scottish.

Next we’ll have fans that once had a kebab in Belper so this is their team

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2019 at 21:47, philmycocu said:

I was born in Holbrook, therefore Belper Town is my team ? C'mon you yellows (?)

Surely your team would be st michaels or the miners welfare?

On 8 October 2019 at 17:55, Van der MoodHoover said:

I remember when a Belper winger got a trial at Derby and didn't make the cut - and that was under Tommy Doc!!!

Happy memories..........

Keith Dainter! On my recommendation to Alan Ashman. It was under colin addison i think.

someone told me he's dead now?

Unfortunately the 17 match unbeaten run went on Saturday... but...

over 1000 tickets sold for Notts County on Saturday. That’s ridiculous. Only time I’ve ever seen more than a 1,000 anywhere near Belper Town is when Derby used to come for friendlies until Nigel fell out with us over kicking a 12 year old Bennett. 

31 minutes ago, Srg said:

over 1000 tickets sold for Notts County on Saturday. That’s ridiculous. Only time I’ve ever seen more than a 1,000 anywhere near Belper Town is when Derby used to come for friendlies until Nigel fell out with us over kicking a 12 year old Bennett. 

Clough wasn’t here when Bennett was 12 actually Ralph.

39 minutes ago, Srg said:

Now back in the late 70's I went to some sort of Derby all-stars team play at Christchurch Meadows - can't even remember who it was against, but I got Leighton James and Dave Langan's autographs.

And the crowd was at least 3 deep all around the pitchside railings...…….traffic chaos up Long Row there was...…...?

Archived