Derby's Ultras ?

Philmycock

6 hours ago, Josh said:

I saw them. Know what you’re saying. At least they are trying I guess. I prefer the old school chants myself. Not really sure how the ‘woahhhhhh woah’ song can inspire the players. Give me a long rendition of ‘we are Derby’ over that.

Dale Cavese (the one you mean) was one Bryson specifically said he and Will Hughes used to enjoy.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Luton showing us how it’s done. Our fans are louder when they boo. 
time to get your heads from up your backsides and admit you’re not very good and put some work in. Spend more time moaning and booing 

It's nearly always the same, for pretty much every ground in the championship. If you get a decent number of visiting supporters they will sound louder and sing longer. When we go to Luton, I doubt they'll be as vocal. Perfect example is Birmingham fans. They always make a lot of noise at Pride Park but not a lot at St. Andrews.

So, it's not a case of Luton showing us how it's done it's just a reflection on football supporters throughout the land. 

21 hours ago, philmycocu said:

Yeah at the front near the away end, with drummer boy. Songs a bit tame, not a Tired and Weary in sight.

Prefer @ossieramand his pals in Upper D block.

"Sober, sober Tom, Sober, sober Tom, Sober, sober Tom, Sober Tommy Lawrence" ? 

Non PC version of songs in upper D.

Nice little song to the yellow submarine tune yesterday that would upset a few on here.

On 05/10/2019 at 21:22, Millenniumram said:

If he can orchestrate the fans to understand sometimes a backwards pass is the best option and to not groan all the time, that would be appreciated! Going ducking mad at the people round me today, swear some people think it’s still 1985...

If only people could understand

On 05/10/2019 at 19:06, philmycocu said:

The new singing area is a great idea, but jeez that guy in the white t-shirt that had his back to the game for 90 minutes conducting the singing was flippin annoying! Not a flare in sight either, Wisla Krakow we are not ?

I don't need some young whipper-snapper instructing me how and when to sing "Derby Derby Derby" I've been doing it for 35 years and never missed a beat.

I thought it's great that somebody is trying to up the atmosphere. It's easy to moan! 

I don't know who exactly is doing what in the South Stand this season but I have to say the singing sounds louder than before. Each song goes on longer and it starts up again quickly after a setback.

Generally it is better than last season relative to the football being played.

It's easy to be noisy when we're winning and playing well but these guys are keeping it going even when we're not.

On 05/10/2019 at 19:06, philmycocu said:

The new singing area is a great idea, but jeez that guy in the white t-shirt that had his back to the game for 90 minutes conducting the singing was flippin annoying! Not a flare in sight either, Wisla Krakow we are not ?

I don't need some young whipper-snapper instructing me how and when to sing "Derby Derby Derby" I've been doing it for 35 years and never missed a beat.

Tbf they have never classed themselves as Ultras. As per usual posts like this appear, why not be positive and say fair play to that lad, not even watching the game trying to get everyone going. Why in life do we always have to focus on something being negative.

You could also argue Philmycocu that he doesn't need an old fart who has been singing Derby Derby Derby for 35 years to tell him what to do ... ?

Let's just get behind them! If he is having fun and others are, there is no issue.

5 hours ago, therams69 said:

Tbf they have never classed themselves as Ultras. As per usual posts like this appear, why not be positive and say fair play to that lad, not even watching the game trying to get everyone going. Why in life do we always have to focus on something being negative.

You could also argue Philmycocu that he doesn't need an old fart who has been singing Derby Derby Derby for 35 years to tell him what to do ... ?

Let's just get behind them! If he is having fun and others are, there is no issue.

Don't be so ageist!

Derby Derby Derby ? 

Archived