Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I know this has already been pointed out, but you've got no way of knowing whether or not that was the last bit TH was involved in.

He might have filmed that and then gone straight home and not been involved in any of the car-related antics that followed.

one of our players films and posts online a video of another of our players puking up.

Is that the responsible action of a club professional (Irrespective of what follows) or is it the action of a complete twt

......and then we make him captain!

i despair with this club sometimes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I know this has already been pointed out, but you've got no way of knowing whether or not that was the last bit TH was involved in.

He might have filmed that and then gone straight home and not been involved in any of the car-related antics that followed.

Agreed but it was apparent that they should have bundled mason home at that point in a taxi anyway (as I have done with mates in that state) as he was clearly embarrassing himself and tarnishing Derby’s image in his role as a representative 

When i read there was a video i genuinely thought it would be from a member of the public. 

How thick is huddlestone? Fair enough he didn't know what would happen after filming but surely as a senior pro you dont film your team mate bladdered. Its obviously going to get out

Its not just that they got behind the wheel that annoys me. Its the fact  senior pro's that should know better that are supposed to be their mates and look out for each other dont say. Best all get a taxi mate

Sack all thats involved. I cant be bothered with them. They all get supported through thick & thin. I can support the club im a fan of but i can support these idiots. Genuinely dont want to watch us if they are playing 

Anybody know the min and max punishments in their case?

I’d have thought that jail is very unlikely but I guess if the judge wants to make an example then this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

I’d take a guess on a 2/3 year ban, suspended sentence, huge fine and lots of community service? 

14 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I used to sell insurance and there were two occupations that were almost unquotable - professional sports people and professional entertainers.

The main reason was that there was a high probability that this driver would have another professional in the car as a passenger so if there was an accident and that person got badly injured, there could be a ridiculously high liability claim against the driver.

On another point, some insurers would invalidate a claim if the driver was over the limit.

So Keogh may have to sue Lawrence directly for his injuries

NB. boring insurance lesson over 

Suing the driver personally may be a very difficult thing to do, Keogh would need to prove that he didn't knowingly get into a car of someone who was he knew may be over the drink limit, it is alleged that Keogh was drinking with the driver of the car involved in the car crash!!!!! The bottom line might be that Keogh knowingly put himself at risk. :)

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Suing the driver personally may be a very difficult thing to do, Keogh would need to prove that he didn't knowingly get into a car of someone who was he knew may be over the drink limit, it is alleged that Keogh was drinking with the driver of the car involved in the car crash!!!!! The bottom line might be that Keogh knowingly put himself at risk. ?

I expect Keogh will be too ashamed to claim against a team mate anyway in this situation - but the employer may take a different view as their highly paid employee now cannot work for 9 months ( not sure if an employer can sue though but they may take it into account in the internal disciplinary action )

5 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d have thought that jail is very unlikely but I guess if the judge wants to make an example then this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

I’d take a guess on a 2/3 year ban, suspended sentence, huge fine and lots of community service? 

Saunders was supposed to get 8 weeks or something wasn't he? 

I reckon that Mason may benifit from some time at her majesty's pleasure more then community service in the long run, could be the making of him instead of just being a waster 

2 minutes ago, Mckram said:

So potential 6 months prison, 1+ year ban and a fine of whatever they fancy.

It's done on percentage of monthly wage for speeding so it will probably be huge for these boys. 

If I remember correctly above 96 mph it's over 100% of wage, it's pretty inflated so assume drink driving will be similar 

It's not something I'm clued up on, you know, being an adult that knows when not to get in a car after consuming alcohol and all that ?‍♂️?‍♂️

12 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I expect Keogh will be too ashamed to claim against a team mate anyway in this situation - but the employer may take a different view as their highly paid employee now cannot work for 9 months ( not sure if an employer can sue though but they may take it into account in the internal disciplinary action )

It could be considered a "self inflicted" injury many sports men are banned from doing dangerous activities, or any activities where they put themselves at risk of physical injury. I think Ian Wright wrote about Arsenal banning him from riding a Harley Davidson 

15 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Depends on reading. There are potential aggravating factors. An early guilty plea and mitigation best way to go (if evidence is there).

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/excess-alcohol-driveattempt-to-drive-revised-2017/

Just now, Pastinaak said:

A 6 month suspended sentence should be enough of a scare to grow Bizzle up a bit.

I'd personally hate to see him go down at all.

Thing is though, with a footballers ego, would it? Would he just think he's got away with it? 

A few weeks would suffice enough to scare the poo out of him

Id mostly hope the internal Derby camp are firm

This is the problem nowadays you can’t do anything when drunk without someone recording you. How many times have you been hungover and seen a video of you from the night before and you don’t remember anything about it. TH should of had more respect for his teammate and should apologise for posting it. Shouldn’t be captain now either especially with the papers having got hold of the videos!

Just now, Edtheram said:

This is the problem nowadays you can’t do anything when drunk without someone recording you. How many times have you been hungover and seen a video of you from the night before and you don’t remember anything about it. TH should of had more respect for his teammate and should apologise for posting it. Shouldn’t be captain now either especially with the papers having got hold of the videos!

If cocu picks huddlestone then he needs his head testing.

8 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Didn't Cocu say he hadn't decided whether to pick Lawrence and Bennett on Saturday or not? Bit surprised. 

To be fair, choosing between playing someone who got arrested for getting bladdered, crashing their car and injuring the club's captain four days prior to the game or playing Jozefzoon is a tougher decision than it should be

I personally won’t miss either Lawrence or Bennett, both of whom I believe to be League One standard at best, but Keogh will be a massive miss. 

As for Huddlestone, Martin aside he’s probably our best player, but even so, he was naive and stupid, and should not be given the captaincy ! 

Bennett and Lawrence definetly replaceable with squad members we already have..       Keogh or captain dependable or whatever people want to call him blah blah, well I..  god forbid.... had the audacity to question him as a leader last season, I even started a new thread expressing my feelings, and I got slated,ripped to shreds....... he ain't a leader he never has been

If the club knew of the video and still picked Huddlestone then we have learnt nothing, otherwise another senior pro has made us look stupid. 

This is a chance to clean up and sort this mess out which sadly in my opinion is the culmination of the last few years. 

Archived