Bielik and Clarke

DarkFruitsRam7

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree on both counts. Very surprised Bielik came off yesterday. It wasn't his best performance but I think he's finished every match really strongly, dominating the latter stages, when Huddlestone is pretty spent long before then. And Huddlestone doesn't have the mobility.

Evans is out for a while and Davies, for all his strengths, lacks pace and isn't as good on the ball as Clarke (even if Clarke didn't have his best game yesterday).

The whole team will look better when Bogle comes back in and the defensive balance is restored.

When Bogle comes back, who plays left back? Lowe, Malone or even Forsyth.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody seems to be firing on all cylinders at the moment, when you take into account the toughest 7/8 starting fixtures

I can remember, along with new manager, new tactics, new club they have a pass from me for a few more games, as does the whole team.

The next 5/6 matches should give us a truer picture of where we are in relation to everyone else imo..?

Bielik looks like a good player that is playing with poor players, you can see his quality. He does lose the ball occasionally but a lot of good players do, I am in no doubt he will come good. We will make a profit on bielik, the same can’t be said about Lawrence. Clarke on the other hand looks poor, He is slow and looks like a league one player to me. I hope he can come good and prove me wrong. I genuinely think he is limited, especially against good opposition.  Davies must be sitting on the bench wondering how he isn’t playing. 

Clarke has cost us too many goals already, he is like young Keogh with his mistakes. Hopefully he will adapt to Championship quickly or we'll be in trouble. 

I think buying Bielik was necessary. He covers CB and DM and there is lot of aging players at those positions. If I'm correct, Hudds, Davies and Thorne are all running out of contract next summer? And of course, Clarke as well. Bielik will come good as long as he will control his overconfidence. Clever buy in bigger picture.

16 hours ago, plymouthram said:

When Bogle comes back, who plays left back? Lowe, Malone or even Forsyth.

Three good options. At least it means not rushing Fozzy back, and one thing I like about Cocu is that he's careful regarding players with injuries and looks more at the long-term picture.

I think it's a tough call but I'd probably reward Lowe for pretty sterling work on the wrong side with a run in his preferred position to see what he has to offer. The hope is that Lowe on the left can become as dangerous and integral to our attacks as Bogle on the right. In turn that allows us to condense our midfield and bring some much needed solidity there.

I think something has been said to Clarke about leaving us defensively exposed. You can tell his instinct is to burst forwards and do forward runs but then he has a sudden change of mind, turns and passes it sideways. He looked a lot better in the first game he played for us, doing forward bursts toward the opposition box like Keogh does.

I reckon Bielik, Keogh and Clarke would work in a back 3, taking turns to burst forwards with the two covering but it doesn't look like Cocu fancies this kind of set up.

I like Bielik but his comments frustrate me somewhat in the sense that he wants to be playing top league football in the next 2 years, doubtful he’ll achieve that with Derby so where does that leave us? transfer request? unmotivated player in the dressing room? left on the bench to rot?

To much of a gamble at £10 million in my opinion, we could have bought in 2-3 players for that 

will be an unpopular opinion but hey ho

On 22/09/2019 at 08:56, Rample said:

Clarke playing isn't helpful at the moment. Need someone alongside Keogh to just do the simple things. Davies is the obvious.

Seen nothing to suggest Bielik is worth £10m. There's a decent player in there but Huddlestone is hampering him settling in and performing.

Had he done that double pirouette that led to Leeds goal up the other end then he would start getting some plaudits, but on the edge of our own box tells me he's going to be better further forward. 

Why this constant criticism of Huddlestone? He hardly loses the ball, rarely misplaces a pass, usually because the intended recipient has misread the play.

1 hour ago, MickD said:

Why this constant criticism of Huddlestone? He hardly loses the ball, rarely misplaces a pass, usually because the intended recipient has misread the play.

Have you been to any of our matches this season? I like Huddlestone but his form is not currently good. 

He was losing the ball loads in earlier games; now he's stopped showing for it,which is even more worrying. 

Improved on Saturday after Bielik went off and he had to take responsibility for himself. I thought he was hiding first half. 

On 22/09/2019 at 15:12, Big Trav said:

Think bielik will be amazing at cdm and will be one of our main men in the coming seasons. Clarke however to me anyway doesn’t look comfortable at all at the moment. He was an absolute monster at Huddersfield but has seemed to drop off a lot. He also loses the ball quite a bit with it being a stupid pass or he goes on one of his runs and goes into danger. But saying this tomori wasn’t great at the start.... is it just me or Clarke reminds me of an oil tanker in his stature. 

I get the oil tanker point, good description. Tomori was/is more of a Ferrari (okay the ship equivalent) But to some extent there is a place for both types of player. I think Clarke will be better in the air, for me that was Tomoris weak spot.

11 minutes ago, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

I get the oil tanker point, good description. Tomori was/is more of a Ferrari (okay the ship equivalent) But to some extent there is a place for both types of player. I think Clarke will be better in the air, for me that was Tomoris weak spot.

Thing is, with our transfer budget this season we are more likely to be in the market for de commissioned scrap value oil tankers, than new Ferrari's.  So no surprise where were are at. 

When we get this.....

Roos 

Bogle       Keogh        Clarke       Lowe                      

Holmes       Bielik        Knight           

Waghorn      Martin        Marriott

With Paterson and Lawrence as change ups to the starting 11...                   

We'll get this....WWWWWWWWWW

That'd be my guess anyway.

On 23/09/2019 at 12:22, angieram said:

Have you been to any of our matches this season? I like Huddlestone but his form is not currently good. 

He was losing the ball loads in earlier games; now he's stopped showing for it,which is even more worrying. 

Improved on Saturday after Bielik went off and he had to take responsibility for himself. I thought he was hiding first half. 

Bit hard to get there from Canada but I watch all games on Rams TV or stream when it is shown on UK tv.  I have noticed that he gets back to help the defence more now.

7 hours ago, MickD said:

Bit hard to get there from Canada but I watch all games on Rams TV or stream when it is shown on UK tv.  I have noticed that he gets back to help the defence more now.

Maybe you're right but I have been to all games except Forest and I see a player who is currently in poor form and isn't performing one of his main roles - which is to take the ball and drive us forward by passing accurately and quickly to a winger, forward etc. 

I don't think he is showing for the ball when the defence are playing out from the back. There's no movement so if you stand a man on him (as Leeds did first half) then he might as well not be on the pitch.

I am also concerned that surely the other main role of a CDM is to cover the defence and stop the ball getting through to them in the first place and this is a real weakness in Huddlestone's play. 

I do concede he covers in defence when one of Keogh, Bielik or Clarke move forward but one has to ask why they are doing that in the first place? Because they can't find a pass out of defence. 

I do think Huddlestone was better second half against Leeds after Martin et al came on but it wasn't him making the difference, rather he was responding to them.

I don't know, I would just like a really strong player, a leader of men, in that position; Huddlestone is too passive for me.

Do I think Bielik can be that player? Maybe, given time and a bit more maturity, but he's not there yet. Too much swash and not enough buckle! 

On 25/09/2019 at 00:43, angieram said:

Maybe you're right but I have been to all games except Forest and I see a player who is currently in poor form and isn't performing one of his main roles - which is to take the ball and drive us forward by passing accurately and quickly to a winger, forward etc. 

I don't think he is showing for the ball when the defence are playing out from the back. There's no movement so if you stand a man on him (as Leeds did first half) then he might as well not be on the pitch.

I am also concerned that surely the other main role of a CDM is to cover the defence and stop the ball getting through to them in the first place and this is a real weakness in Huddlestone's play. 

I do concede he covers in defence when one of Keogh, Bielik or Clarke move forward but one has to ask why they are doing that in the first place? Because they can't find a pass out of defence. 

I do think Huddlestone was better second half against Leeds after Martin et al came on but it wasn't him making the difference, rather he was responding to them.

I don't know, I would just like a really strong player, a leader of men, in that position; Huddlestone is too passive for me.

Do I think Bielik can be that player? Maybe, given time and a bit more maturity, but he's not there yet. Too much swash and not enough buckle! 

Glad to see our "leader of men" RK was out on the piss with the Welsh wizard, who if he was driving, showed as much nous as when he tackles, and "one of our own" who obviously has no better judgement.

OMG

Archived