Bielik and Clarke

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think bielik will be amazing at cdm and will be one of our main men in the coming seasons. Clarke however to me anyway doesn’t look comfortable at all at the moment. He was an absolute monster at Huddersfield but has seemed to drop off a lot. He also loses the ball quite a bit with it being a stupid pass or he goes on one of his runs and goes into danger. But saying this tomori wasn’t great at the start.... is it just me or Clarke reminds me of an oil tanker in his stature. 

Agree on both counts. Very surprised Bielik came off yesterday. It wasn't his best performance but I think he's finished every match really strongly, dominating the latter stages, when Huddlestone is pretty spent long before then. And Huddlestone doesn't have the mobility.

Evans is out for a while and Davies, for all his strengths, lacks pace and isn't as good on the ball as Clarke (even if Clarke didn't have his best game yesterday).

The whole team will look better when Bogle comes back in and the defensive balance is restored.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know they've both been quite patchy so far, but I genuinely believe they'll come good and will be key when we (hopefully) finally click.

What do you reckon?

I like how you’ve worded it ,so you’re not causing controversy for once.

In answer to your question,I think Bielik will come good but he looks way off a 10 million signing at the minute.

Not sure on Clarke,isn’t he tagged as a ball playing CB?

I think both have struggled because we have been under so much pressure,hopefully that will change.

Don't think Bielik is up to full fitness yet.  It would help him to have someone more mobile and quicker passing than Huddlestone beside him i reckon.  He will definitely become a major player for us in time.

Clarke was awesome in his debut game, but hasn't shown that mettle since, which i find rather baffling.  He is obviously capable when fired up, but needs to realize that he has to be fired up every game, there is no room for complacency in his or any other position.

Totally agree. Early days, both got time to improve and need to as well. Tomori did not set the house on fire when he first got in the side. Very much  hoping that yesterdays result, Bogle's return and the next run of games will see the side play much better. This in turn should allow the newbies to really show us what they can do.

35 minutes ago, ramit said:

Don't think Bielik is up to full fitness yet.  It would help him to have someone more mobile and quicker passing than Huddlestone beside him i reckon.  He will definitely become a major player for us in time.

Clarke was awesome in his debut game, but hasn't shown that mettle since, which i find rather baffling.  He is obviously capable when fired up, but needs to realize that he has to be fired up every game, there is no room for complacency in his or any other position.

Not sure I really get this 'not up to full fitness'.  He played for Poland as a defensive midfielder and had a cracking game. Looked fine there. If he had mobility around him he would not need to be trying everything. Its hardly like you need a lot of fitness to play like Huddz does.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know they've both been quite patchy so far, but I genuinely believe they'll come good and will be key when we (hopefully) finally click.

What do you reckon?

I think they both will be once we have the right balance and the squad is bolstered... They haven't suddenly become Uber crap,it's been the system

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Not sure I really get this 'not up to full fitness'.  He played for Poland as a defensive midfielder and had a cracking game. Looked fine there. If he had mobility around him he would not need to be trying everything. Its hardly like you need a lot of fitness to play like Huddz does.

Bielik doesn't play like Huddlestone, likes to drive forward looking for interplay or a good passing opportunity.  Didn't see his Poland game so can't comment on that.  Sure, i could be wrong and his fitness is fine already and all he needs is more movement around him, but he didn't have much of a preseason at all and i would think for the kind of player he is getting up to full every game fitness takes a bit of time.

Clarke playing isn't helpful at the moment. Need someone alongside Keogh to just do the simple things. Davies is the obvious.

Seen nothing to suggest Bielik is worth £10m. There's a decent player in there but Huddlestone is hampering him settling in and performing.

Had he done that double pirouette that led to Leeds goal up the other end then he would start getting some plaudits, but on the edge of our own box tells me he's going to be better further forward. 

I think it is easy to forget that both of these players were playing League 1 football last year.

Yes, they were two of the best players in the division, so we probably expected their transition to Championship football to be rather straightforward, but it is fair to say that that is much easier when you are coming into a settled side and you have a clearly defined role. Neither of which has been true for these players.

Clarke has been hit and miss, but he probably needs the Tomori treatment. Tomori was poor when he first arrived but Frank kept the faith. We need to stick with Clarke and allow him to grow and flourish, even when he goes through spells of playing poorly. It'll only damage his confidence further if he is in and out of the side like he has been.

We need to decide what Bielik's best position is. If it's midfield, we need to keep him there and get the balance of the midfield right and we'll probably see what we paid £10 million for 15-20 games down the line.

I don't see the relevance of discussing if Bielek is worth £10 million because firstly at the age he is he has surely been bought in potential, and secondly we haven't paid £10 million for him.

He will only cost us the reported £10 million with add-ons IF we and he achieve a certain level of success while he is here, for all we know that could mean winning the champions league. I know that's not likely but it could easily mean european qualification.

Absolutely if we had wanted to see whatever we spent on him provide an instant return then we could have spent the money elsewhere, of course if that had happened and someone else picked Bielek up for whatever it was and he turned out great after a season or two and was sold on for £80 million there would be those amongst us demanding to know why we didn't take a gamble on him.

He is still finding his way, he wasn't about in pre-season and is only just gaining anything like the same fitness levels of the rest of the squad, and even then he could be some way off.

Of course its about opinions but I say give him a break, let hm get up to speed before judging that we should have spent the money on someone else after he has only played a few games.

I really think we should be looking for new options at CB, for someone who was billed as a ball playing centre back, Clarke looks very uncomfortable on the ball. His defending isn't brilliant either. 

He was meant to be a rock in the air, and comfortable bringing it forward with the ball at his feet, but the step up looks too much for him at the moment. He had a great game vs Huddersfield, but has progressively been getting worse. I think the dodgy passing would be more forgivable IF he could defend well, but he hasn't been. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree on both counts. Very surprised Bielik came off yesterday. It wasn't his best performance but I think he's finished every match really strongly, dominating the latter stages, when Huddlestone is pretty spent long before then. And Huddlestone doesn't have the mobility.

Evans is out for a while and Davies, for all his strengths, lacks pace and isn't as good on the ball as Clarke (even if Clarke didn't have his best game yesterday).

The whole team will look better when Bogle comes back in and the defensive balance is restored.

and when Lowe moves to left back

I think Clarke's performance at Hudders was no fluke and that is why Brighton paid out for him

Needs to relax, feel comfortable and grow into the role. That'll be hard with the team around him not playing well but he has to try to be a part of the solution and not live in constant panic that the team is under pressure. 

Some real poor passes that are just really flappy moments. Making his life so much harder. 

Be brave like he was at Huddersfield. Detach himself from the pressure on the team if possible.

Archived