iPhone 11

ramsbottom

5 hours ago, David said:

Much better batty life, larger screen with same device size, Face ID although both touch and face have their pros and cons.

Other than that not really, should still get the latest iOS updates on the 7 for a couple of years.

Forgot about the battery. My old phone (just realised I'd put 7S when in fact it was a 6S) I had to recharge a couple of times a day, whereas the 11 can last me two whole days with normal use (a few calls, plenty what's apps, a quick look on here and a bit of candy crush). Really impressed with the Face ID which the old one didn't have.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Forgot about the battery. My old phone (just realised I'd put 7S when in fact it was a 6S) I had to recharge a couple of times a day, whereas the 11 can last me two whole days with normal use (a few calls, plenty what's apps, a quick look on here and a bit of candy crush). Really impressed with the Face ID which the old one didn't have.

The 6S (which I currently own) has an utterly crap battery.

I would upgrade but I can't afford it.

My 8 contract is up in August... will probably go for upgrade 2 months early. Battery is deteriorating on it, even though I've never really had that issues on previous iphones. It says the condition of it is 84% but I call BS.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

My 8 contract is up in August... will probably go for upgrade 2 months early. Battery is deteriorating on it, even though I've never really had that issues on previous iphones. It says the condition of it is 84% but I call BS.

I upgraded from an 8 plus to the 11 just before Christmas, and I’m very pleased with it. Didn’t have any real complaints about the 8 plus, but this is noticeably faster, the battery lasts noticeably longer, and the button-less interface is really intuitive. 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I upgraded from an 8 plus to the 11 just before Christmas, and I’m very pleased with it. Didn’t have any real complaints about the 8 plus, but this is noticeably faster, the battery lasts noticeably longer, and the button-less interface is really intuitive. 

Couldn’t do a plus, I don’t own a handbag to carry it round in. 

42 minutes ago, Srg said:

Couldn’t do a plus, I don’t own a handbag to carry it round in. 

That’s the other advantage, the screen of the 11 is actually bigger than the screen on the 8+, but the phone itself is smaller cos it doesn’t need room for the bezel on the top and bottom. 

8 hours ago, David said:

Much better batty life, larger screen with same device size, Face ID although both touch and face have their pros and cons.

Other than that not really, should still get the latest iOS updates on the 7 for a couple of years.

That’s that other forum you run isn’t it?

watch him deny it.

On 02/03/2020 at 10:23, Squid said:

love my 11 pro.

33 quid a month for 30gb data aswell?
no brainer for me ? 

As someone in the new phone market I’m very keen to know how you got this as I’m struggling to find anything close!

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

As someone in the new phone market I’m very keen to know how you got this as I’m struggling to find anything close!

uswitch matey...

kept tabs on latest offers for new phones, had a look on train home from work literally 5 days after it came out & saw iPhone 11 pro, 64gb with 30gb data for 200 upfront and 33 a month, was only for the Gold color and disappeared the day after so I guess you could say I was lucky!

9 hours ago, Squid said:

uswitch matey...

kept tabs on latest offers for new phones, had a look on train home from work literally 5 days after it came out & saw iPhone 11 pro, 64gb with 30gb data for 200 upfront and 33 a month, was only for the Gold color and disappeared the day after so I guess you could say I was lucky!

I got the 11 for £30 a month, nothing up front 8gb (which has now raised to 10gb) in a Black Friday deal from sky. 

It was nothing up front cos I was able to trade in my current 8+. My wife did the same. She had an 8. I think that cost about £50 up front.

we don’t use all the data, so what we don’t use goes into a family piggy bank I can dip into when I do have a data heavy month. That’s a great idea I think. We’ve got about 15gb in the piggy bank, and I was on a 2 week camp with no WiFi recently, smashing the Netflix, and was able to tap into the piggy bank.  

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I got the 11 for £30 a month, nothing up front 8gb (which has now raised to 10gb) in a Black Friday deal from sky. 

It was nothing up front cos I was able to trade in my current 8+. My wife did the same. She had an 8. I think that cost about £50 up front.

we don’t use all the data, so what we don’t use goes into a family piggy bank I can dip into when I do have a data heavy month. That’s a great idea I think. We’ve got about 15gb in the piggy bank, and I was on a 2 week camp with no WiFi recently, smashing the Netflix, and was able to tap into the piggy bank.  

Good deal that!

I basically had no upfront as I was already planning on selling my previous phone so it covered it ? 

I wish I could cope with that amount of data! I somehow end up using about 80% of mine... lol

11 hours ago, Squid said:

uswitch matey...

Yeah it bloody was!

Best deal I can still find is £37 a month with sky for 128gb storage and 10gb data (with a rollover of data I don’t use which is good because I tend to fluctuate depending on work/travelling about). Just struggling to get my head around this swap24 they do before I commit. Sky tend to have pretty good deals but I’m trying to work out where the catch is!

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah it bloody was!

Best deal I can still find is £37 a month with sky for 128gb storage and 10gb data (with a rollover of data I don’t use which is good because I tend to fluctuate depending on work/travelling about). Just struggling to get my head around this swap24 they do before I commit. Sky tend to have pretty good deals but I’m trying to work out where the catch is!

So swap24 basically is a 36 month contract, however if your phone is in good condition you can trade it in to pay off your remaining 12 months.

If your phone does have damage you will have to pay a cost to swap phones basically.

It's their way of saying commit for 3 years but after 2 years you have the freedom to switch to a new plan.

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

So swap24 basically is a 36 month contract, however if your phone is in good condition you can trade it in to pay off your remaining 12 months.

If your phone does have damage you will have to pay a cost to swap phones basically.

It's their way of saying commit for 3 years but after 2 years you have the freedom to switch to a new plan.

Ahhh ok so you can offset one against the other. That makes more sense than what I was getting from their customer service with about 3 paragraphs of jargon. Cheers matey!

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Ahhh ok so you can offset one against the other. That makes more sense than what I was getting from their customer service with about 3 paragraphs of jargon. Cheers matey!

Whereas the old model was that you’d pay something up front, but cover it by selling your old phone on eBay, this is trying to save you that hassle. Maybe you’d get more for selling it on eBay, but this is a pretty hassle free way to just keep upgrading your phone if that’s the sort of pattern your in anyway. Unless your the kind of person that likes to pay off the contract then keep the phone for another couple of years on a sim only deal. 

I’ve got mobile phone insurance with my bank account. My phone is normally a bit knackered by the time I come to the end of my contract, so I send it in to the insurance, and pay the excess (was £50 but just gone up to £75), and then I can swap it back to sky as a mint condition phone. The difference between swapping a mint condition or a knackered phone is more than £75, so it’s worth it. 

Now I’ve ingested in a case though, so hopefully I won’t need to do that next time. 

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Whereas the old model was that you’d pay something up front, but cover it by selling your old phone on eBay, this is trying to save you that hassle. Maybe you’d get more for selling it on eBay, but this is a pretty hassle free way to just keep upgrading your phone if that’s the sort of pattern your in anyway. Unless your the kind of person that likes to pay off the contract then keep the phone for another couple of years on a sim only deal. 

I’ve got mobile phone insurance with my bank account. My phone is normally a bit knackered by the time I come to the end of my contract, so I send it in to the insurance, and pay the excess (was £50 but just gone up to £75), and then I can swap it back to sky as a mint condition phone. The difference between swapping a mint condition or a knackered phone is more than £75, so it’s worth it. 

Now I’ve ingested in a case though, so hopefully I won’t need to do that next time. 

Got to say I got a decent case for the last phone I didn’t even bother to buy a screen protector and it lasted 24 months with no damage to the screen or body (and I work in the trade!), so I good case is worth it’s weight. I’ll defo look into some insurance though.

——-

As an update to my scenario I ended up having to call sky to complain about them increasing the broadband price 2 months into our contract, kinda went for the ‘it’s a shame as I wanted to sort the phone contract with you today’ and because I was talking to retention I was able to get iPhone 11 sorted with 10gb data and 128gb storage for £33 a month which I’m more than happy with. Alls well that ends well!

Archived