iPhone 11

ramsbottom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Question..

I like to see the % of my battery life on the screen.. Used to be able to select that from settings and the battery. It seems to not be there on the 11. Any ideas?

It's not available. You have to swipe down from the top right corner to see the percentage.

On 03/03/2020 at 18:38, TuffLuff said:

As someone in the new phone market I’m very keen to know how you got this as I’m struggling to find anything close!

Try Virgin Mobile, I've got an 11 with 30gb of data for £36.  Only slight snag is that it's on a 3 year deal, but providing the battery doesn't deteriorate too much it'll do.  

On 08/03/2020 at 12:12, richinspain said:

It's not available. You have to swipe down from the top right corner to see the percentage.

Me too, but you can't as there's no room anymore with the notch at the top of the screen.  All I do now is swipe the control centre down slightly and the % is displayed there.  Or you can add a battery widget for when you scroll left from the home screen...

• 5 months later...

I've just had an iPhone 11 thrust upon me by my work - despite having agreed with the bosses a few weeks ago that I didn't need a new phone - having recently bought myself a Samsung A50.

The deciding factor as to whether I dig my heels in will be how the dual sim works on it, as I am not going back to the hassle of having 2 phones.

I understand that it's achieved an e-sim on the iphone for one phone number (for which I need to get a kit from EE, for my work number) and a physical sim for the other (Virgin, who don't do e-sim). Does anyone have experience of how good or otherwise it is?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I've just had an iPhone 11 thrust upon me by my work - despite having agreed with the bosses a few weeks ago that I didn't need a new phone - having recently bought myself a Samsung A50.

The deciding factor as to whether I dig my heels in will be how the dual sim works on it, as I am not going back to the hassle of having 2 phones.

I understand that it's achieved an e-sim on the iphone for one phone number (for which I need to get a kit from EE, for my work number) and a physical sim for the other (Virgin, who don't do e-sim). Does anyone have experience of how good or otherwise it is?

Cheers

Super easy to setup and you can mostly forget about it once done. You can set certain contacts to use one number when you call them etc. 

This will explain better than I can... https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209044

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2020 at 08:09, Van Wolfie said:

Cheers

So much for that. The company that's been doing the new work mobiles say that EE won't activate the e-sim until we're at least 6 months into the new contract.

I either hand back the phone now or let it gather dust on my desk until they (maybe) do as I ask.

Good job I didn't really want one anyway.

Archived