iPhone 11

ramsbottom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Certainties in life, death, taxes, and Dave buying the latest Apple devices...

TBF, I downloaded iOS13 last night, and a lot of the tweaks are good.

One think I’m not a fan of is the grey UI in Safari when using night mode, just make it black.

I know it’s semi transparent but still, would look much better in black 

46 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Confusing for the ol’ blueys in private browsing!

The address bar turns black and icons white in private mode, but I agree, be nice to have more of a difference so you know when you’re in naughty mode

Ok, after a few hours with the phone, initial thoughts are.....it's an iPhone, you know what you're getting software wise as it's on all iPhones. The phone itself is nice although there is no getting away from it, the camera module is ridiculous.

I actually like the design of the 3 lens now, looks a lot better in your hand, but on the standard Pro the footprint of the module just looks odd as it's so big, I'm guessing it will look a lot better on the Max models.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Ok, after a few hours with the phone, initial thoughts are.....it's an iPhone, you know what you're getting software wise as it's on all iPhones. The phone itself is nice although there is no getting away from it, the camera module is ridiculous.

I actually like the design of the 3 lens now, looks a lot better in your hand, but on the standard Pro the footprint of the module just looks odd as it's so big, I'm guessing it will look a lot better on the Max models.

What sort of price should I be looking at for an iPhone 10XR on auction/resale sites, do you know?

Is the trade up worthwhile?

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

What sort of price should I be looking at for an iPhone 10XR on auction/resale sites, do you know?

Is the trade up worthwhile?

The new iPhone 11 is basically the updated XR, so if you was planning on that, I would probably say no.

If you was thinking of going to the iPhone 11 Pro, then you would be getting a better screen, battery life plus the new fancy camera, how much do you value those things?

eBay used auctions usually goes for around 55 to 60% of the brand new price, depending on condition and colour, the XR starts at £625 now for the 64GB and £679 for 128GB

Just been to take the dog out, thought I’d try the new night sight camera. Pretty impressive.

No flash on, and the street lights are nowhere near as bright as it looks. Couldn’t figure out how to take one without for comparison.

Tried further down the path where there was no lights and it wouldn’t let me take a picture at all. 

4BAEED9A-7E15-42B9-AE3F-33A604F051BF.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Having had Apple phones ever since the iPhone 3GS, I've recently jumped ship & gone for a Samsung A50

Gorgeous Screen. 3 cameras. Face & fingerprint recognition. 128gb storage. Dual Sim. 2 day battery life (easily) and fast charging.

Mrs Wolfie (iPhone XR user) is jealous of it.

Price: £230. Brand new from Ebay shop.

OK so it took me a couple of days to get the hang of Android & setting it up how I like it but I'm never going back to spending £750+ on a phone again. Apple or otherwise.

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Having had Apple phones ever since the iPhone 3GS, I've recently jumped ship & gone for a Samsung A50

Gorgeous Screen. 3 cameras. Face & fingerprint recognition. 128gb storage. Dual Sim. 2 day battery life (easily) and fast charging.

Mrs Wolfie (iPhone XR user) is jealous of it.

Price: £230. Brand new from Ebay shop.

OK so it took me a couple of days to get the hang of Android & setting it up how I like it but I'm never going back to spending £750+ on a phone again. Apple or otherwise.

Oh no you didnt!! ?

On 25/02/2020 at 15:12, Van Wolfie said:

You'll be back.

23 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Just finished the contract on my iPhone 7. Great phone, does everything I need, perfect condition. Anything else bar the camera that would entice me to go for the 11?

Thinking I will just stay with what I have got. 

I recently upgraded my 7S to the 11. If you're after a phone and little else it's probably not worth it. If your phone is your office then you will notice a difference in speed. The camara is also something else. I always thought that the camera on the IPhone was way behind Samsung's, but this one is incredible. As for the 11 or 11Pro camera wise the two lenses are the same on both, it's only the addition of a third camera on the Pro (but I don't remember if it's for wide angle or closeup).

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Just finished the contract on my iPhone 7. Great phone, does everything I need, perfect condition. Anything else bar the camera that would entice me to go for the 11?

Thinking I will just stay with what I have got. 

Much better battery life, larger screen with same device size, Face ID although both touch and face have their pros and cons.

Other than that not really, should still get the latest iOS updates on the 7 for a couple of years.

Archived