Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Is anyone else finding the app worse this year than last year?

I've resorted to using the mobile site rather than the app, as the app is too slow... it also doesn't update the projected scores in "Game Centre" as it did last year which was good to keep track of who is projected ahead of who during the games.

The projected score thing irritated me this week, the whole set up I think is worse than last season.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

@David can you remind me how the playoffs/championship are set up this year?

Are we playing each other once through weeks 1-11 with some sort of playoffs using the 2 divisions in weeks 12-14?

Erm, pass. I just ticked divisions on and that was that

@Carnero I've actually realised that I was misunderstanding, because I've never referred to the last week of regular season as week 17, even though it is ? I was thinking that our playoffs were going to be on the last game of the regular season.

It's very important we avoid the last game of the season (wk17); other than that it won't matter unless someone is 14-0 at week 15; as they'll start resting starters - and the owners of those players can account for that.

Whether it's 4 teams over 15&16 or 6 over 14,15&16 I don't really mind. On the one hand, more people in the playoffs is more interesting; on the other hand, 4 teams means everyone stays involved in the league all the way until week 14.

24 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@SaintRam I'm sure last season some teams were resting players in week 16 (game 15)... but it is what it is, all the play off options end week 16... guess I'll just have to replace my Patriots when the time comes ?

I don't think anyone had secured their bye. Saints, Chiefs and Pats (Steelers were sniffing AFC but lost to Saints) all secured on game 15 I think. Rams on game 16.

Could be misremembering.

Very possible though and yeah just something to prepare for. Once they've lost 3 or 4 games you're pretty safe. If you get past week 13 or so and someones still sitting on 0-1 losses then you should try and work high quality backups for that teams players ?

Unsurpirsingly didn't get either of my plan A waiver targets, Hockenson or McLuarin; but at least I got my plan Bs. Was really worried I was gonna be scrambling for FAs 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Unsurpirsingly didn't get either of my plan A waiver targets, Hockenson or McLuarin; but at least I got my plan Bs. Was really worried I was gonna be scrambling for FAs 

They’re the two I went for. Managed to get McLaurin. Just need to figure out what to do at QB this week

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

They’re the two I went for. Managed to get McLaurin. Just need to figure out what to do at QB this week

I'd go for Mariota - the Titans offense looked very well oiled week one. Carr has a chance of doing well against the KC Def, too.

Gardner Minshew is obviously the ascendant choice.

Oh, and Kyler Murray's available for trade ?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd go for Mariota - the Titans offense looked very well oiled week one. Carr has a chance of doing well against the KC Def, too.

Gardner Minshew is obviously the ascendant choice.

Someone already owns Mariota.

Gone for Josh Allen... might not be a great QB but has upside with his legs and the Giants gave up over 400 yards and barely pressured Dak all night last week.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Someone already owns Mariota.

Gone for Josh Allen... might not be a great QB but has upside with his legs and the Giants gave up over 400 yards and barely pressured Dak all night last week.

image.thumb.png.93df56fd98ec722f9978d521962c0201.png

Archived