Car parking at Pride Park this coming season

Mazzaram

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TramRam said:

Yes, 2-3 pints before the game, 25min walk to the game, Pie and a hot drink at HT, Game finished, 25 min walk back to the car and drive home.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/lifestyle/how-long-does-alcohol-stay-in-your-blood/

Still a bit risky (by the way, I don't think the pie and hot drink at half time will make any difference).

image.thumb.png.0734e2d29f3410340978472ffee76b37.png

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Still a bit risky (by the way, I don't think the pie and hot drink at half time will make any difference).

image.thumb.png.0734e2d29f3410340978472ffee76b37.png

Thank heaven for that, I don't drive the next day ?, On a serious note it's never effected myself, Then again i've never been stopped or breathalysed, as for the HT aperitif the hot drink would have little effect, Those pies that's a different story.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

are the places behind costco still ok to park at?

Roadside on and around Chequers Road (Where the Cattle Market was, and new Jag Dealers is now)?

Double yellows in places.
Single yellows in others, effectively ok after 6pm, so no good for Saturday 3pm games, but fine for evening games.
They'll go months leaving everyone to it, but every now and again they'll have a blitz.  I walk that way, and I've counted a dozen tickets on windscreens on one occasion, but that was a Saturday afternoon game. (Proper tickets too, of course... non of this private parking company invoice malarkey!)
Early this season... midweek night match... there were at least 3 car windows put through, that I saw with my own eyes.  There were also travellers on The Racecourse at this time, which is of course, pure coincidence.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Anyone got any parking advice for a sold out game and not getting near pride until after 7. Starting to think I might have problems. Is that Deadman's Lane car park still any good? Parked there once before. I'm guessing best to avoid A52.

Deadmans Lane Car park hasn't been in use since last season  - shame because it was useful and free.

47 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Anyone got any parking advice for a sold out game and not getting near pride until after 7. Starting to think I might have problems. Is that Deadman's Lane car park still any good? Parked there once before. I'm guessing best to avoid A52.

Ascot Drive....but after 7pm that could be a sticking point.

56 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Alvaston Park ? Free and only a 20 minute walk to the ground

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Behind the old Telegraph offices down Meadow Lane (past the Smithfield.)

They've opened up a new area of car parking at the end there - really huge, £4 per car and fifteen minute walk along the river to ground. Nowhere near full on matchdays since they moved it from outside the Storage Place (which has recently shut down.)

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'd just go Intu mate.

Archived