Car parking at Pride Park this coming season

Mazzaram

Just drive into Chaddesden, go up reginald road south, stick your car on any street along there and you're 20mins walk from the ground. Totally free and legal. I can even meet and walk with you for directions, as I've been doing it 22 years ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite parking on Pride Park, but if anyone uses the council run Sovereign car park on Canal Street on match days. You can now only pay by card via your phone, using an app or a telephone number.

15 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

when they close the road between the Subway roundabout and the C&T statue, so basically the length of the North Stand?  Only emergency vehicles and official coaches allowed through.

Last game I went to a game at PP, I had rellies picking me up after the game and pulled up at the statue, told security they had to pick up a hopeless Aussie so he said no worries, opened the barricades and let them wait there. sweet!

On 06/08/2019 at 07:49, Ellafella said:

There are several places around Pride Park that cost £6 per match. Eg the storage place opposite the Clough & Taylor statue off the roundabout {look for the blue & yellow livery} is actually quite quick to get away from and also across the road from there Frenger systems charge £6 per match. Good luck. 

Thanks Ellafella. I think I'm going to give one or other of these a try. I'm guessing they get filled up well before kick off?

Huge thanks to everyone for all your brilliant suggestions. What a fan base!

Sith Happens

I see the council have warned fans to walk or allow plenty of time for travel. Nothing mentioned about their total incompetence.

Slip Roads on and off the No**ingham-bound side are up and running, as I believe they have been throughout the summer.

On the Derby-bound side, slip road from A52 to Wyvern/Pride Park is due to re-open 9th Sept.  Slip Road to get back on to the A52 to head for The Pentagon is not due to open until Summer 2020.

Anyone coming in from M1/J25 & Spondon etc will need to go down to Pentagon then come back up to get onto PP by going along the back of Sainsburys etc (Or go via town/Station Approach and come in towards the West side of the stadium.

Add in the fact that all around the Burger King/Costco Roundabout is a 3 way traffic light system, one direction at a time, and I assume that the Derwent Parade bridge will be closed after the game for pedestrians to flood away (as per every game previous) and it's going to get messy along the back of Sainsburys etc.  I pity those shoppers who have no idea the football is back on!  

Glad it won't affect me, as I'll be walking and/or cycling, depending on the weather!

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Slip Roads on and off the No**ingham-bound side are up and running, as I believe they have been throughout the summer.

On the Derby-bound side, slip road from A52 to Wyvern/Pride Park is due to re-open 9th Sept.  Slip Road to get back on to the A52 to head for The Pentagon is not due to open until Summer 2020.

Anyone coming in from M1/J25 & Spondon etc will need to go down to Pentagon then come back up to get onto PP by going along the back of Sainsburys etc (Or go via town/Station Approach and come in towards the West side of the stadium.

Add in the fact that all around the Burger King/Costco Roundabout is a 3 way traffic light system, one direction at a time, and I assume that the Derwent Parade bridge will be closed after the game for pedestrians to flood away (as per every game previous) and it's going to get messy along the back of Sainsburys etc.  I pity those shoppers who have no idea the football is back on!  

Glad it won't affect me, as I'll be walking and/or cycling, depending on the weather!

^^^  yep, this.

I work on Pride Park and these roadworks are an absolute nightmare. There’s only one way to drive off at present if you’re heading north. 

Please allow loads of extra time for getting to the match if you’re intending on parking anywhere near PP. There are massive queues every morning along the a52 to get to the Pentagon in order to access PP. 

11 hours ago, Mazzaram said:

Thanks Ellafella. I think I'm going to give one or other of these a try. I'm guessing they get filled up well before kick off?

Huge thanks to everyone for all your brilliant suggestions. What a fan base!

I get there for 1pm and there are plenty of spaces then. I’d imagine they’re pretty full by 2pm but I always get there early. 

On 05/08/2019 at 16:52, Mucker1884 said:

Pass The PP Turn off on the A52 (Derby Bound) then go first left off Pentagon Island (by the fuel station) then left again.  This takes you onto Chequers Rd, running parallel to the A52 you've just left, up along where the old cattle market used to be. 

There's manned "Secure parking" at the John Pye auctioneers, (£5 maybe £6?).  Always looks busy, but it does have a couple of signs further back, directing folk, so presume you can just turn up and pay?  No idea if they do pre-booking/season tickets?

There's a little bit of on-road parking on the back streets, but may need to arrive early?

The first half of Chequers Rd is double yellow lines.  The second half (nearest to Costco) is single yellow... parking allowed after 6pm, so certainly ok for evening matches.  Some do risk it for a Saturday 3pm kick off, but occasionally the rossers have a crack down and issue tickets!

...Continue on foot to the end of Chequers Rd, and it brings you through Costco car-park > Burger King > Turn right for PPS.  8min jog/16min stroll or anything in between!

Apologies for the highlighted bit, as it's not accurate.  It's actually at the place next door, which is called Bamfords!  No, No... it really is called called Bamfords!  :-)

Oh yeah... and it was a fiver, so I was half right!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2019 at 16:52, Mucker1884 said:

Pass The PP Turn off on the A52 (Derby Bound) then go first left off Pentagon Island (by the fuel station) then left again.  This takes you onto Chequers Rd, running parallel to the A52 you've just left, up along where the old cattle market used to be. 

There's manned "Secure parking" at the John Pye auctioneers, (£5 maybe £6?).  Always looks busy, but it does have a couple of signs further back, directing folk, so presume you can just turn up and pay?  No idea if they do pre-booking/season tickets?

There's a little bit of on-road parking on the back streets, but may need to arrive early?

The first half of Chequers Rd is double yellow lines.  The second half (nearest to Costco) is single yellow... parking allowed after 6pm, so certainly ok for evening matches.  Some do risk it for a Saturday 3pm kick off, but occasionally the rossers have a crack down and issue tickets!

...Continue on foot to the end of Chequers Rd, and it brings you through Costco car-park > Burger King > Turn right for PPS.  8min jog/16min stroll or anything in between!

Whilst the above post is factually correct, and folk do indeed take advantage of the parking restrictions being lifted in time to suit evening kick offs, as witnessed this evening, I feel it only fair to report that at least two separate cars had a window put through this evening, as witnessed by my own eyes, on my walk home after the game.

Now I walk this route every home game, and have done so for a number of years, and haven't noticed this happening before,

Of course, I can  only assume the considerable number of caravans currently encamped on the cricket ground end of the Racecourse is purely coincidental!

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whilst the above post is factually correct, and folk do indeed take advantage of the parking restrictions being lifted in time to suit evening kick offs, as witnessed this evening, I feel it only fair to report that at least two separate cars had a window put through this evening, as witnessed by my own eyes, on my walk home after the game.

Now I walk this route every home game, and have done so for a number of years, and haven't noticed this happening before,

Of course, I can  only assume the considerable number of caravans currently encamped on the cricket ground end of the Racecourse is purely coincidental!

There was a spate of similar stuff last year and the year before too. 

It even got so bad they were warning VW group car owners as their cars were being specifically targeted for the in built sat Nav!

I usually try to park on the London road street parking for free or in the navigation pub for £3. Running a bit late last night after a lorry collided with a car in the pre-match traffic at the Alvaston double roundabout, so we paid £7.50 to park by the arena. Absolute mission to get back towards the a50 ?. I’ll stick to the navigation pub next time.

• 5 months later...

Apologies for bumping this thread, but has anyone tried parking in Car Park A? You drive past subway/DW and then go straight on at the mini roundabout. I heard a lot of people park in there earlier and then can leave after match as the barriers will be opened for all the fans.

22 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

Used to park in there but they close it after the game until the main crowd and away fans buses have gone. About 15 min wait I think. 

Thanks mate, did you pay for the match parking or get in the car park using the printed entry ticket?

Used to have a season ticket for parking but they do sell some in advance if available. Moved to the one behind the Arena until last season. Both had away fans who had got advance tickets. Only parked close for the benefit of my 90yold dad who cannot go anymore. Since last season I park on ascot drive £5 and walk 15 mins. This is quicker for us as we get on the M1 to head back to Gloucestershire. 

Archived