Sporting injuries

Kinder

I posted something yesterday saying centre halves shouldn’t be pretty and it reminded me of an injury I picked up playing centre half last year.  I went to clear a long ball and ended up heading the back of the centre forward’s head instead of the ball.  I felt a bit dazed so went in goal second half, then to the pub. Eventually ended up in A&E later that night after my mates’ mickey taking turned to concern, looking like this:

06D83854-0AE8-47FE-916C-BBC20A808616.jpeg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Kinder said:

I posted something yesterday saying centre halves shouldn’t be pretty and it reminded me of an injury I picked up playing centre half last year.  I went to clear a long ball and ended up heading the back of the centre forward’s head instead of the ball.  I felt a bit dazed so went in goal second half, then to the pub. Eventually ended up in A&E later that night after my mates’ mickey taking turned to concern, looking like this:

I did something very similar back in my playing days whilst pretending I was Mark Wright. Had a stonking headache for days after. Couldn't even open my eyes unless I was in a darkened room. I feel for you if you're having similar symptoms. 

11 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I did something very similar back in my playing days whilst pretending I was Mark Wright. Had a stonking headache for days after. Couldn't even open my eyes unless I was in a darkened room. I feel for you if you're having similar symptoms. 

I was fine mate, it was a year ago and I felt a bit woozy but nothing too bad.  Looked worse than it felt!

44 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Ignoring the "impressive" injury for a moment, I take it your looks were the reason you were picked as centre half anyway?

Ooh... Look how big and brave I am... Gotta love t'internet!  :-)

4 hours ago, Kinder said:

Anyone else had any decent injuries? Preferably with gory photos.

When I was about 9, I got a whack to the face from a hockey stick. Didn’t feel any pain but my eyes were stuck shut with blood. I was terrified of needles but thankfully it only required butterfly stitches. I had a big lump right below my eye for a week or two and the scar is still there now.

I tore my groin playing tennis as a youngster. The hernia gave me a hydroseal - which is a collection of fluid in your ball bag. I was booked in for an operation after 6 or 7 years of fluid growth that ended up lasting 6 hours, as the fluid had become infected and they had to scrape around my testicle. I was told when i woke up that i would be off work for 4 weeks. The stitches went from the front of my bag to the back. Never felt pain like it.

It then got infected and i was admittted back to hospital. The day i came out was the day Throne did his ACL in pre-season.

Brilliant few weeks they were. 

Can post pictures. Not sure if allowed.

6 hours ago, Kinder said:

We need to make a better story up for this injury.

You were in a bar and had to get in between The Rock and Jason Statham,they managed to get a couple of lucky digs in.

Broke both bones in my right arm, one bone in two separate incidents in the same football match. I was in goal playing 5-a-side at JJB and made a save in which the ball bent my thumb all the way back, the ball went up in a perpendicular angle in which the ball was shot. The force of my thumb being bent back broke my Radius. About 5 minutes late, I saved a rather limp shot but due to the initial break, and my arm being weakened, my Ulna broke. My team wanted me to play outfield during the second half but at that point I had two massive swellings on my arm. Went to A&E and the nurse was impressed with the clean break across both my Radius and Ulna. Couldn't wipe my arse properly for 8 weeks. 

Left knee 3 ops, ACL tear, 2x meniscus tears.Right knee rooted, hobbling around at the moment. Broken nose x3but i did meet the missus the day after i came out of hospital with plaster all over my face. One way of standing out in the middle of 100,000 people at the MCG! Right shoulder tear but no op. Great game Rugby League.

Archived