Happy Birthday...

DarkFruitsRam7

To ban or not to ban?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

I will be banned if I respond to this in the way I would like to. 

I’ve been banging this drum ever since I started the ‘Unpopular Rams Opinions’ thread. It’s criminal how running in a straight line without being challenged gets so much love compared to a goal like the one we scored against Hull at home a few years back. Regardless of the opposition.

A great memory for those who witnessed it? Yes. An amazing goal? No.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ve been banging this drum ever since I started the ‘Unpopular Rams Opinions’ thread. It’s criminal how running in a straight line without being challenged gets so much love compared to a goal like the one we scored against Hull at home a few years back. Regardless of the opposition.

All you are doing here is further invalidating all your opinions going forward on this forum. Personally I would stop now as a username change won't save you this time.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've actually thought this for a while, but let it slide. You're not alone! 

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You are either very naughty or very silly.  Not sure which ?

I think you have to factor in the fact it was his debut, no one had heard of him, we were playing and beat the best team in the league and it was our first season back up. It is therefore an iconic goal that many of us will never forget despite there being technically better goals in other less meaningful matches.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s fun winding people up but I do genuinely believe it’s a massively overrated goal.

I'd love to argue with you, but yeah, there was a lack of a challenge, and let's all be honest here, from that day forward, there wasn't a day went by without somebody saying "Even he doesn't know what he's going to do next, so how can the opposition?"

It was gangly.  It was lummoxly!  But hey, legend is legend.  Never diss the legend!  

I've gone for "Warning"!   Watch yer tongue, young man!    :-)

29 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You've admitted to far worse and you're still on so I'd say you're safe.

56 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I think it is just the magic of an unknown Costa Rican taking on the mighty, much feared Man Utd and showing them zero respect. All that for little old Derby.

If you take a goal out of context, you take away the magic.

Yes spot on.

An unknown Costa Rican treating Manure with the contempt they deserved.

I’m sure Paula thought If their half hearted players could only be half arsed challenging, I’m going to keep running and stick one to the right of that lumbering viking with a big snout in goal.

The classic goal was made more special for me, as I was in hospitality lounge and Wilf McGuiness was taking the right pee out of our team, none more so than “Lamb chop, Pork chop or whatever “!

Took great pleasure in asking Wilf if he would remember his name at Half time; it was a classic for me and always will be.

Archived