Steve Bruce

Nuwtfly

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How incredible it would be if Newcastle hired someone else. A man can dream.

See, you can call me naive, but if Lampard's dream job was a club that was unwilling to pay proper compensation, I don't think he'd have resigned to force it through.

Still glad that it was Chelsea so that scenario had no chance of being tested ? 

Lost a lot of respect for him for that. I assume that means Newcastle don't have to pay the £5 mill compensation now then?

If I was Shef Wednesday I'd tell Newcastle to do one and then take them to court for the full amount of compensation detailed in his contract before he jumped ship. In fact I'd be trying to add damages on top of that as well for the impact this will have on their season.

Both clubs have to agree the compensation amount between them and frankly I think Wednesday have a strong case here for inducement to breach contract by Newcastle.

Christ and we thought Chelsea were bad, Newcastle really taking the piss here refusing to pay the full compensation and creating this mess. Managers and their staff shouldn’t be resigning like this to force things through, it should be handled between the clubs. Expected nothing less from mike Ashley mind. Not right for Bruce to be getting involved trying to force things either, should just have got on with his job. Proper mess really, and the daft thing is even with this resignation Newcastle will still have to pay compensation.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ and we thought Chelsea were bad, Newcastle really taking the piss here refusing to pay the full compensation and creating this mess. Managers and their staff shouldn’t be resigning like this to force things through, it should be handled between the clubs. Expected nothing less from mike Ashley mind. Not right for Bruce to be getting involved trying to force things either, should just have got on with his job. Proper mess really, and the daft thing is even with this resignation Newcastle will still have to pay compensation.

Apparently he did the same at Palace as well. Resigned to force a move through to Birmingham, but Simon Jordan won a high court injunction to stop him leaving without working 9 months of his notice period. In the end Palace only got 500k compensation, but it was double the original offer.

8 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

iqvZJya.png

Rowett 8-1 and Pearson 10-1 ?

Jesus there are some real stinkers on that list. I hope Wednesday like defensive football with the likes of Pearson, Pulis, Rowett, Karanka and Cowley on there.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Jesus there are some real stinkers on that list. I hope Wednesday like defensive football with the likes of Pearson, Pulis, Rowett, Karanka and Cowley on there.

That's exactly the same as our list until about 3 days before we hired Cocu ? 

Not sure Hughton would touch it with the financial situation there, not that he's a manager who needs lots of money, just after his time at Brighton might feel a better opportunity will come along.

Monk is a weird one with the case Boro are building against him and his agent, probably best not to go there until that has played out. 

Karanka and Rowett would be good choices for them if the Wednesday fans don't have similar expectations as other clubs....ahem. They have just had Bruce though so you would think they are fairly open to the idea of different styles. Was told Rowett was one of the most hard working managers behind the scenes, can't forget what he did with that Birmingham team. Karanka not living too far away, lot of similarities between Forest and Wednesday. 

Keane, ugh. 

Pearson would be a punt, terrible time here but look at McClaren at Forest before he came here. Sometimes things just click. 

Pulis, doubt he would. Maybe in a year or two if no other offers come in, but like Hughton I guess would feel the job is a bit below him.

Cowley, no idea.

Rowett, Karanka or Pearson in that order. They will probably bring in some rogue from Ukraine though that nobody has heard of. Bookies initial lists are always the usual suspects, Cocu and Lampard never appeared on ours until it was all but done.

Archived