Steve Bruce

Nuwtfly

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Imagine being a Premier League club in 2019 and thinking that hiring Steve Bruce is a good idea. He had the best squad in the division by absolutely miles at Villa and couldn't get them above mid table.

The game has totally moved on from him, he's done. He won't last a year at Newcastle.

He's a competent if unexciting championship level manager these days.

I guess all the better ones don't want the Newcastle job (can't blame em) think losing Raffa is a big blow to Newcastle who are going to struggle.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Imagine being Mike Ashley

What amazes me about this isn't the awful footballing decision this is, but that he's trying to find someone to buy the club and he's bringing in one of, if not the, least marketable managers in the country!

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

What amazes me about this isn't the awful footballing decision this is, but that he's  trying to find someone  to buy the club and he's bringing in one of, if not the, least marketable managers in the country!

Don't forget the fact they have sold or are in the process of selling all their best players as well. Its like he is asset stripping prior to leaving.

He's had about 20 offers to buy Newcastle in his time there from all over the world. None of them have progressed particularly far and the current one from the Zayed group is apparently not close to completion either and nor have they proven they actually have the funds to complete the deal.

I don't actually think he is sincere in his desire to sell the club - just makes the right noises to try and appease the Newcastle fans.

I've just found out that Steve Bruce has written several murder mystery books starring an extremely thinly veiled surrogate of himself. They sound absolutely incredible.

https://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

"Except the thing I know best! A sliding tackle! I may have been handcuffed, but my legs were free. He went down. I kicked out. I caught him on the jaw. He went out like a light. For a tough terrorist, he'd been very careless."

Just now, Anon said:

I've just found out that Steve Bruce has written several murder mystery books starring an extremely thinly veiled surrogate of himself. They sound absolutely incredible.

"Except the thing I know best! A sliding tackle! I may have been handcuffed, but my legs were free. He went down. I kicked out. I caught him on the jaw. He went out like a light. For a tough terrorist, he'd been very careless."

Good god.

Here's to hoping Wednesday go down the legal boardroom bloodbath route. It's always funny when it's not your club.

Ben Gibson is probably preparing his own lawsuit as well "Sheffield Wednesday got £4m but Steve Bruce resigned so my club should be awarded a place in the top 6 and Steve Bruce as compensation"

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Pretty sure he didn't actually write them just did a deal with the guy who did so they'd get published - I'm sure I heard that anyway.

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Here's to hoping Wednesday go down the legal boardroom bloodbath route. It's always funny when it's not your club.

Ben Gibson is probably preparing his own lawsuit as well "Sheffield Wednesday got £4m but Steve Bruce resigned so my club should be awarded a place in the top 6 and Steve Bruce as compensation"

I think people are overlooking that Chansiri has just sold Hillsborough to himself for 68 million which left them with a 2.5 million profit for last year?

39 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pretty sure he didn't actually write them just did a deal with the guy who did so they'd get published - I'm sure I heard that anyway.

Either way, it's just, well, just

very funny lol GIF

40 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm ignoring your comment. As far as I'm concerned he penned 3 novels starring himself and that's how people are going to hear the news from me. It's the best thing I've heard in ages.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

But how would anyone other than Steve Bruce know how to slide tackle a terrorist in the jaw?

6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Have they invented the new song yet....surprised we havent picked it yet on social media and copied it.....

I'd rather be a magpie than an owl,yes I would, if I could, I surely would,

I'd rather sports direct than Hillsborough, yes I would, if I could, I surely would,

Archived