Steve Bruce

Nuwtfly

Interesting Sheffield Wednesday’s twitter account hasn’t acknowledged his departure, not a single tweet on his resignation, appointment, nothing at all. Wouldn’t be surprised if a legal case follows and they are under instructions from their lawyers.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3rd guy though 

"His record says resigned, resigned, resigned, sacked, sacked, sacked... won nothing"

Well what else would his record say? There's very few managers that see out contracts. 

Won nothing? He's joining a club that wins nothing. Not to be mean but we couldn't apply that here either. We couldn't turn our nose up at a manager who's won nothing. The biggest clubs will have the pick of managers that win trophies and we all have to fight for what's left or pick up good managers who are trying to make a comeback after a bad spell. Who do they expect to attract? Benitez wasn't at his peak when they got him

It is a kick in the nuts to go from Benitez to Bruce but that was a poor argument put forward. 

It's somehow the wrong way around. It seems like Newcastle should have Cocu and we should have Bruce. 

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The 3rd guy though 

"His record says resigned, resigned, resigned, sacked, sacked, sacked... won nothing"

Well what else would his record say? There's very few managers that see out contracts. 

Won nothing? He's joining a club that wins nothing. Not to be mean but we couldn't apply that here either. We couldn't turn our nose up at a manager who's won nothing. The biggest clubs will have the pick of managers that win trophies and we all have to fight for what's left or pick up good managers who are trying to make a comeback after a bad spell. Who do they expect to attract? Benitez wasn't at his peak when they got him

It is a kick in the nuts to go from Benitez to Bruce but that was a poor argument put forward. 

It's somehow the wrong way around. It seems like Newcastle should have Cocu and we should have Bruce. 

Bruce had the best squad this league has seen in the past decade at Hull and finished fourth. You have to go a long, long way back before you can consider any job he's done as respectable. He does have an eye for a player though, can't argue that, but he's consistently under-perfoming as manager given the talent at his disposal. 

I would suggest Newcastle would have been better off giving Hughton the job again in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Bruce had the best squad this league has seen in the past decade at Hull and finished fourth. You have to go a long, long way back before you can consider any job he's done as respectable. He does have an eye for a player though, can't argue that, but he's consistently under-perfoming as manager given the talent at his disposal. 

I would suggest Newcastle would have been better off giving Hughton the job again in all honesty. 

I suspect that they would. And according to reports, Bruce was 11th on this list behind Hughton. But I get the distinct impression that Chris Hughton is a smart guy. He wouldn't touch Newcastle with a barge-pole given the ownership issues as well as the fact the was royally pooed on by Ashley when he had the job a few years ago.

Ashley needed somebody, anybody who was stupid enough to take the job. I can't imagine it was a long list. Step forward, Steve Bruce.

Archived