Fire power coming season looking good

B4ev6is

With have four players more than cable scoring goals for fun this season we have chris martin over 2 games in the states coming back to old self once again all good signs and with Marriott and waghorn and Mason Bennett all looking sharp and ready to go.

And most importley with out spending a penny and we also have goals coming from midfield from shinnie and new lad from everton and hopeful thorn can chip in from one or two and same from tom huddlestone also.

I feeling really good about coming season ahead.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We’ve certainly got a decent looking frontline in terms of actual strikers. Wouldn’t expect many goals from Martin based on the way he’s being utilised so far mind, and Bennett hasn’t ever been a goalscorer either really- no disrespect to either, but we won’t be utilising them for goals, it’ll be for other reasons. In terms of strikers, Marriott will be mainly used for goals and Waghorn will contribute some too so we should have enough there between them. As it stands, we’ve got good quality, depth and a variety of styles at CF so it’d be my position of least concern as it stands with the investment there last summer. Still get the feeling Martin may be let go though despite you lot getting excited over him, and in that case he’d need replacing with a new third choice striker- maybe someone younger to come off the bench as a no.9.

If you think shinnies a goalscorer you might be in for a shock! Don’t think we haven’t spent a penny on dowell either, there’ll be a loan fee involved somewhere aha but yeah there’s been no big money permanent signings yet which I’m sure there will be. Dowell should provide some goals from midfield but we’re still severely lacking there in terms of quality and ball retention, as well as potentially some more goal threat and most importantly creativity. Lot of work to be done there before the season starts to get the balance right, and indeed enough quality.

Plenty of good signs from the style of football to look forward to the season about, but at the moment we’re still worryingly short of quality in certain positions. Plenty of transfers to come yet I’m sure, and some bigger ones you’d think, so hopefully in the limited time in the window left that’ll all be resolved and we’ll all be looking forward to the start of the season playing total football?

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We’ve certainly got a decent looking frontline in terms of actual strikers. Wouldn’t expect many goals from Martin based on the way he’s being utilised so far mind, and Bennett hasn’t ever been a goalscorer either really- no disrespect to either, but we won’t be utilising them for goals, it’ll be for other reasons. In terms of strikers, Marriott will be mainly used for goals and Waghorn will contribute some too so we should have enough there between them. As it stands, we’ve got good quality, depth and a variety of styles at CF so it’d be my position of least concern as it stands with the investment there last summer. Still get the feeling Martin may be let go though despite you lot getting excited over him, and in that case he’d need replacing with a new third choice striker- maybe someone younger to come off the bench as a no.9.

If you think shinnies a goalscorer you might be in for a shock! Don’t think we haven’t spent a penny on dowell either, there’ll be a loan fee involved somewhere aha but yeah there’s been no big money permanent signings yet which I’m sure there will be. Dowell should provide some goals from midfield but we’re still severely lacking there in terms of quality and ball retention, as well as potentially some more goal threat and most importantly creativity. Lot of work to be done there before the season starts to get the balance right, and indeed enough quality.

Plenty of good signs from the style of football to look forward to the season about, but at the moment we’re still worryingly short of quality in certain positions. Plenty of transfers to come yet I’m sure, and some bigger ones you’d think, so hopefully in the limited time in the window left that’ll all be resolved and we’ll all be looking forward to the start of the season playing total football?

Problem is,without Martin over these games we wouldn't have scored very many.

Not sure why his age comes into it when Waggers is only a year younger.

I'd rather hang on to someone who is able to create situations that the rest of the team can score from than allow him to go to the opposition....crazy.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Problem is,without Martin over these games we wouldn't have scored very many.

Not sure why his age comes into it when Waggers is only a year younger.

I'd rather hang on to someone who is able to create situations that the rest of the team can score from than allow him to go to the opposition....crazy.

Not sure where I’ve said anything to the contrary of that? Just said I wouldn’t expect Martin to get many goals, which with the way cocu is using him, is to be expected. Never said it was a bad thing as he’s been sent out to contribute in other ways, which is probably the best way to use him at this stage in his career. You need both players who can create and players who can score in any decent team, neither is more important than the other. His performances in pre season have certainly justified using him in a more creative role, as opposed to out and out striker. 

Didnt criticise his age either, just that if we were to sell him, that it’d make more sense to get someone younger with potential with lower wages, rather than getting an older player- or we may as well have kept him, like you say. 

Minimal amount goals we’ll see from every player this season:

Martin (20) Marriott (20) Waghorn (15) Bennett (10) Lawrence (10) Dowell (10) Bryson (10) Russell (10) Buxton (5)

Should be just about enough for us to scrape into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Martin (20) Marriott (20) Waghorn (15) Bennett (10) Lawrence (10) Dowell (10) Bryson (10) Russell (10) Buxton (5)

You forgot to include Bloomer

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think can go and get 15 goals this season as preasure of some what but be able link up play in the attack I see Bennett getting 20 goals this season.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

So is Bennett getting 10 or 20? 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, peachmyster said:

I really hope we are not relying on Bennett ? lol ? 

What if we are? 

Agreed that up front is the least of our positional worries next season, but I'm sorry b4 but if Bennett scores 20 goals next season I'll be happy to run naked thro Nottingham wearing just a Derby scarf! ?

1 hour ago, peachmyster said:

I really hope we are not relying on Bennett ? lol ? 

We're not but B4's prediction might not be as crazy as it first sounds. I hope he does make some solid progress again this season and starts adding goals to his game. 20 is a stretch but if Cocu fancies trying him as a striker he might surprise us and bang a few in. 

Archived