Fire power coming season looking good

B4ev6is

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

So you won’t actually be naked then? That’s cheating!

Good point ? but if I don't have a scarf, folk will think I'm just a normal Notts bloke on a night out ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

to be fair to B4, he predicted Bennett to get 20 last season and he was only 17 off.

The Wigan goal counts for 18

14 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

We're not but B4's prediction might not be as crazy as it first sounds. I hope he does make some solid progress again this season and starts adding goals to his game. 20 is a stretch but if Cocu fancies trying him as a striker he might surprise us and bang a few in. 

We can see huge improvement in Mason; it’s intriguing that Cocu had him in the 10 role..and made that comment about how Mason needs to learn to manage his explosive power...ie when to use the rocket booster. If Mason learns to coordinate with say, Chris Martin, we could see Mason really banging in some Worldies this year. He has that capability...he just has to believe he can do it. I can see him scoring 12-15 goals if he can stay injury-free. Remember the progress that Dean Sturridge made in 3 seasons? From loan at Torquay to unplayable at Highbury? It can be done. 

15 hours ago, nfb said:

Agreed that up front is the least of our positional worries next season, but I'm sorry b4 but if Bennett scores 20 goals next season I'll be happy to run naked thro Nottingham wearing just a Derby scarf! ?

Is this an actual promise? You will be held to this.

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Is this an actual promise? You will be held to this.

Pretty sure holding someone to that particular promise makes you part prosecutable for their inevitable murder ? 

Strike force is looking ok. 

Wondering where we will replace Wilson's 18 and Mount's 11 goals. Two out of our three top scorers last season.

Marriott we hope will be played more and therefore score more. He's a great finisher. Waghorn we know can deliver.

Of the rest, Martin is impossible to say. The last two years inspire no confidence whatsoever, but who knows if he is used in his best position. Not holding my breath on this one.

Season before last Dowell got 9 for Forest in 38, which is decent. 

Bennett and Lawrence will probably need to step up regards goal return.

I'm not overly optimistic but neither is it looking a disaster.

15 hours ago, nfb said:

Agreed that up front is the least of our positional worries next season, but I'm sorry b4 but if Bennett scores 20 goals next season I'll be happy to run naked thro Nottingham wearing just a Derby scarf! ?

Not that I would wish this on you (or the poor people of Nottingham).

But every time Bennett scores, I will remind you with a countdown.

I for one hopes B4 is right, we could do with a regular scorer and a good laugh.

Bottoms up!!

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

Strike force is looking ok. 

Wondering where we will replace Wilson's 18 and Mount's 11 goals. Two out of our three top scorers last season.

Marriott we hope will be played more and therefore score more. He's a great finisher. Waghorn we know can deliver.

Of the rest, Martin is impossible to say. The last two years inspire no confidence whatsoever, but who knows if he is used in his best position. Not holding my breath on this one.

Season before last Dowell got 9 for Forest in 38, which is decent. 

Bennett and Lawrence will probably need to step up regards goal return.

I'm not overly optimistic but neither is it looking a disaster.

We've a number of players in the team who have proven capable of putting in big goal returns (or goal + assists) at this level in the past. 

We also have a number of players who maybe haven't done it before but you could see the potential there, especially in Marriott.

I think we'll be alright. Still be nice to see a couple more ins just to improve the overall quality of the squad, mind.

19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think can go and get 15 goals this season as preasure of some what but be able link up play in the attack I see Bennett getting 20 goals this season.

Bennett will be lucky to score 20 in his life lol.

We have two good strikers - Waghorn and Marriott. Now to see if they can play together in a Cocu team...

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Bennett will be lucky to score 20 in his life lol.

We have two good strikers - Waghorn and Marriott. Now to see if they can play together in a Cocu team...

I don't think he'll get 20 this season, but that's incredibly harsh.

I think in his prime years he'll be getting at least 10 a season for someone in the Championship

22 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Not that I would wish this on you (or the poor people of Nottingham).

But every time Bennett scores, I will remind you with a countdown.

I for one hopes B4 is right, we could do with a regular scorer and a good laugh.

Bottoms up!!

I hope b4 is right too, if Bennett can score 20+ goals then I'm happy to give u all a laugh and face up to my inevitable death ?

Because if he can hit that, then I'm expecting the likes of Marriott and Waghorn to hit at least similar, add in a fair few from midfield etc and were looking at easily 70+ which is more than last season ?

1 minute ago, nfb said:

I hope b4 is right too, if Bennett scores 20+ goals then I'm happy to give u all a laugh and face up to my inevitable death ?

If he can hit that, then I'm expecting the likes of Marriott and Waghorn to hit similar total add in a fair few from midfield etc and were looking at 70+ which is more than last season ?

I am very happy to go on record and say that if Bennett scores 20+ goals this season, we as a team will score at least 100, and he probably won't be top scorer.

15 hours ago, nfb said:

What if he scored 21?

I will be very surprised if we don’t get one new forward in before the window closes, and a decent winger (I would expect 2 to leave to accommodate). If we have any serious intention of getting in the top 2 this season we need to improve our options up front.  We need another decent defender and midfielder too.

Archived