Johnny Williams

Nuwtfly

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

He reminds me of Jamie Ward - Smart little player and absolutely fearless in the way he plays - But pretty sure Coleman reference this in the Sunderland documentary - Because he's skillful and doesn't hold anything back he gets kicked a lot and therefore picks up loads of injuries - Very like Ward used to

Nothing like Jamie Ward in my honest opinion 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nothing like Jamie Ward in my honest opinion 

I explained why in the following sentences - Both small, skillful, smart, tenacious players who attract a lot of fouls and therefore get injured - I didn't say they played the same position or had the same skillset but I think they have both spent their careers injury prone because they share some footballing personality traits

22 hours ago, Donnyram said:

He looked pretty decent when he came on in the play Off final to be fair but there must be a reason he started as sub

Just coming back from injury from what the commentators were saying

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

We have to stop buying players because they're a 'bargain'.

Just like the turquoise t-shirt you got in the Next sale, they stay unused and you end up chucking them away.

We have a bloated squad through this approach.

I would rather we identified targets we are confident will get us up and then decide who needs to go to make that happen.

Take out the tee shirt comment ( I hate that colour!)  and I’m with you word for word @Anag Ram !?

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I explained why in the following sentences - Both small, skillful, smart, tenacious players who attract a lot of fouls and therefore get injured - I didn't say they played the same position or had the same skillset but I think they have both spent their careers injury prone because they share some footballing personality traits

Jamie Ward didn't get injured through fouls, he just had cheese strings for hamstrings

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Take out the tee shirt comment ( I hate that colour!)  and I’m with you word for word @Anag Ram !?

Which players did we buy that were a bargain and are now causing our squad to be bloated? I'll give you George Evans as a starter for ten but who else?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Which players did we buy that were a bargain and are now causing our squad to be bloated? I'll give you George Evans as a starter for ten but who else?

Off the top of my head I can only think of Martin,Davies,Bryson,Huddlestone Ambrose,Nugent and Holmes.I know that Ambrose and Nugent are going but I’m not overly impressed by the rest still being here.

2 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Off the top of my head I can only think of Martin was a bargain in 2013 (the re-signing whilst at Fulham was not) ,Davies (vital part of the rowettball team) ,Bryson (twice PotY, ok, not what he once was)) ,Huddlestone (see Davies) Ambrose,Nugent (was signed becausefFulham wouldn't let Martin return and wasn't even particularly cheap) and Holmes (actually looks to have potential) .I know that Ambrose and Nugent are going but I’m not overly impressed by the rest still being here.

I think we can probably put Cameron Jerome and even Andi Weimann into the signed because they were bargain category, although they each had the good grace to attract a transfer fee and toddle on.

10 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Off the top of my head I can only think of Martin,Davies,Bryson,Huddlestone Ambrose,Nugent and Holmes.I know that Ambrose and Nugent are going but I’m not overly impressed by the rest still being here.

You can be as unimpressed as you like - they're under contract and unless someone offer to buy them then that is exactly what a contract is for. Of all those examples, only Martin could be accused of bloating the squad. Honestly, the expectations of some are rather strange.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think we can probably put Cameron Jerome and even Andi Weimann into the signed because they were bargain category, although they each had the good grace to attract a transfer fee and toddle on.

Errm OK, so now 'our squad' includes players not even at the club?

I don't disagree that we've had a strange transfer policy in the past but if I was going to script a phrase around it then 'bloated with bargains' would not be the wording I would choose. 'Bloated with overpriced panic buys' maybe.....

56 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Errm OK, so now 'our squad' includes players not even at the club?

I don't disagree that we've had a strange transfer policy in the past but if I was going to script a phrase around it then 'bloated with bargains' would not be the wording I would choose. 'Bloated with overpriced panic buys' maybe.....

No, obviously they've both moved on, but it could be argued that both those were signed on the basis they were bargains, where as some of the others weren't particularly bargains.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

No, obviously they've both moved on, but it could be argued that both those were signed on the basis they were bargains, where as some of the others weren't particularly bargains.

I've heard Jerome and Weimann called many things but bargain is not one of them, either by fan or club.

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I've heard Jerome and Weimann called many things but bargain is not one of them, either by fan or club.

Weimann when he came in was regarded as a premier league striker for cut price money and we wanted Nelson oliviara from Norwich but signed Jerome cos he was cheap.

To be fair to Andi Weimann, Bristol fans came on to tells us what a bargain he was for the first six weeks of last season...

Archived