Johnny Williams

Nuwtfly

On 06/06/2019 at 11:54, IlsonDerby said:

From January to May he managed over 20 appearances right? That’s nearly 50 apps over a full season. He said himself he wants to be playing week in week out somewhere. 

That’s a good point. I’ve raised the concern of his injury record myself, but it is worth noting he wouldn’t be coming off the back of an injury. He went to Charlton and stayed fit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Weimann when he came in was regarded as a premier league striker for cut price money and we wanted Nelson oliviara from Norwich but signed Jerome cos he was cheap.

To be fair to Andi Weimann, Bristol fans came on to tells us what a bargain he was for the first six weeks of last season...

Who regarded Weimann as cut price? Who ever said Jerome was cheap?

I'd give this one a miss. He has the ability to be a good player at Championship level but the poor lad is made of glass. We have had too many of them in the past and we need to be more ruthless in our decision making given the financial situation. He might go on to do well elsewhere but even if he does, not signing him would be the right decision.

12 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Who regarded Weimann as cut price? Who ever said Jerome was cheap?

At the time that's my recollection of how he was regarded, having been at villa in the prem fir several seasons and only being £2m+ad ons (I think). I don't have a quote for it.

Jerome we signed because we could afford him (£1.5m I think) and not the one we really wanted, so I guess cheap is debatable, but he was signed based on his price..

6 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

That’s a good point. I’ve raised the concern of his injury record myself, but it is worth noting he wouldn’t be coming off the back of an injury. He went to Charlton and stayed fit.

Major question - if Charlton have just been promoted to the championship then why don’t they want to sign him?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Major question - if Charlton have just been promoted to the championship then why don’t they want to sign him?

Good question. In the story about us being offered him, it does say Charlton are “interested” in signing him, it also lists Swansea, Brentford and ourselves, so perhaps he’s just waiting on what offers come in as im sure he’d much prefer to come to us or Swansea who would no doubt pay him much more and are more likely to be at the top end of the table.

Looked useful when he’s played against us in the past. Injuries have definitely held him back. On a free transfer he’s worth a punt, though I’m surprised at his stats, thought they would be better but hardly surprising given his career has been stop start

Archived