Johnny Williams

Nuwtfly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive no from me. Always injured and although technically very good looks nervous when he plays probably because of the injury’s. Such a shame as he could of been a very good were it not for his many injuries. 

History suggests he can compete with Thorne in the under contract but can’t play because this that or the other - no thanks for me

he has played as much first team football as bogle has which tells us everything  

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

he has played as much first team football as bogle has which tells us everything  

If my maths is right, and using Wikipedia that I believe only counts league games... 134 appearances....so that’s quite inaccurate.

He has had a few loan spells cut short, and his injury record isn’t great though for sure.

i suspect he will go to Swansea anyway.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

If my maths is right, and using Wikipedia that I believe only counts league games... 134 appearances....so that’s quite inaccurate.

He has had a few loan spells cut short, and his injury record isn’t great though for sure.

i suspect he will go to Swansea anyway.

.fair enough ?still not good enough though 

We have to stop buying players because they're a 'bargain'.

Just like the turquoise t-shirt you got in the Next sale, they stay unused and you end up chucking them away.

We have a bloated squad through this approach.

I would rather we identified targets we are confident will get us up and then decide who needs to go to make that happen.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

We have to stop buying players because they're anything but a 'bargain'.

FTFY re: Butterfield, Johnson, Olsson, Blackman, Camara, Bent? If we had signed players because they were a bargain I would be a lot happier. Out of interest, who were you referencing when you made that observation? I can think of George Evans to fit the bill but besides that?

Back to the OP, not good enough, not an improvement on what we have already, too old to fit the Frank mould of what he is building. Do the DET even watch us play or think about what might make sense before actually posting guff like this?

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We have to stop buying players because they're a 'bargain'.

Just like the turquoise t-shirt you got in the Next sale, they stay unused and you end up chucking them away.

We have a bloated squad through this approach.

I would rather we identified targets we are confident will get us up and then decide who needs to go to make that happen.

I'd argue that is the exact opposite of why we have a bloated squad.

A sort of low risk, cheap signing that previously someone in the championship would make, he'd have a storming season and then we'd spunk £8m on him.

I believe we have insurance that covers wages when players are injured so if he's willing to agree reasonable terms then why not sign him? 

Worst case scenario we loan him out a few times/he's injured. Best case scenario, he stays fit and becomes the player he is capable of. 

He reminds me of Jamie Ward - Smart little player and absolutely fearless in the way he plays - But pretty sure Coleman reference this in the Sunderland documentary - Because he's skillful and doesn't hold anything back he gets kicked a lot and therefore picks up loads of injuries - Very like Ward used to

12 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

Surely he won’t be leaving permanently?

Someone claimed on here yesterday that a 1m sale was already in the bag. We'll see. 

Have to say though, I think he needed to do more at Coventry to be useful to us. So won't be surprised to see him move on. 

11 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Someone claimed on here yesterday that a 1m sale was already in the bag. We'll see. 

Have to say though, I think he needed to do more at Coventry to be useful to us. So won't be surprised to see him move on. 

If anyone is in at £1m then I'd expect it to be one of the L1 big guns IE. Sunderland or Portsmouth.

Absolutely not from me. Literally never fit, we’ve got enough problems like that with Forsyth and Thorne without adding more. League one club at best would be taking a risk on him, we can’t afford to, even if we do need centre mids and he’s available on a free.

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If anyone has watched Sunderland Til I Die they would know he is a lonely little fellow in desperate need of a hug.

Aww he definitely does! I kinda interpreted that as him being a confidence player with low self-esteem, if you get his head right (something I'd put money on Jody and Frank being able to do) then he'd be a great little player.

52 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Hope he doesn’t leave, would like him to be given a chance next season. Needs to add goals to his game but Coventry fans raved about him. Unless we get a substantial offer and it’s full of clauses then can’t see it happening

Archived