Wembley over rated

Archied

I don’t like it. Been 3 times to watch Derby and quite a few times to watch England. 

Have to say, England’s match at Elland Road last summer before the World Cup was a class above anything Wembley has offered in terms of atmosphere. Would 100% back England going around the country for their matches having watched that. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

strongly suspect that if I ever get the chance to go to Tottenham, that might just leave me over-awed, if the snippets I've seen so far are anything to go by.  Now that does look like it could be something special!  Maybe it's the colour scheme! 

I'm off to Spurs early August for the match Vs Inter Milan, £25 a ticket.

I was hoping Derby would be in the same league so I wouldn't miss a game, but it's a Sunday anyway so should be ok.

I'll report back.

Apart from the qpr game I saw England vs Malta there. It was a sellout but the Malta fans were making all the noise. 

I put the lack of home enthusiasm down to Rooney playing in midfield rather than architectural problems. 

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Oh the stewards also were spot on and extremely efficient and very helpful. 

Ones by me weren't. They just allowed a couple of twits to be abusive to the rest of the block, calling us all ducking Bamfords because not everyone wanted to stand (including several elderly people who couldn't stand....)

Other than that the day was great although I agree PP is better for watching the game and creating atmosphere 

7 hours ago, old ram 15 said:

The stadium is overrated I think but the actual experience of going down, mixing with thousands of other rams fans and singing your heart out isn't. Went to the 07 and this play off final (missed the QPR one due to an exam the next day) and I've enjoyed both in very different ways. Partly due to my age as I was only a nipper in 07 and now a full grown adult and the result, but i think on both occasions I was glad I went. 

So old ram is actually young ram?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t like it. Been 3 times to watch Derby and quite a few times to watch England. 

Have to say, England’s match at Elland Road last summer before the World Cup was a class above anything Wembley has offered in terms of atmosphere. Would 100% back England going around the country for their matches having watched that. 

The atmosphere looked great but I'm not sure I could face sitting in the home end at Elland Road tbh. Would feel horrible.

45 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm off to Spurs early August for the match Vs Inter Milan, £25 a ticket.

I was hoping Derby would be in the same league so I wouldn't miss a game, but it's a Sunday anyway so should be ok.

I'll report back.

Just had a look at this and its £25 anywhere in the ground. Purchased a couple of tickets right on the half way line. 

Shame it wont be for a Derby game but it's a ground I really want to see. Thanks for the heads up!

34 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

So old ram is actually young ram?

The atmosphere looked great but I'm not sure I could face sitting in the home end at Elland Road tbh. Would feel horrible.

well still partially young but feel old nowadays hence the name ? 

8 hours ago, old ram 15 said:

The stadium is overrated I think but the actual experience of going down, mixing with thousands of other rams fans and singing your heart out isn't. Went to the 07 and this play off final (missed the QPR one due to an exam the next day) and I've enjoyed both in very different ways. Partly due to my age as I was only a nipper in 07 and now a full grown adult and the result, but i think on both occasions I was glad I went. 

Exam on a Sunday?  No wonder our churches are empty!  

I thought that I'd probably have recovered by now. I don't think that I have. The trains!

I don't think that I will be doing the journey again as it was unsafe. I have really (really) valued the pre and post trip travel advice on here - thanks all very much. I followed it and had a much better journey that many who used St Pancras. Our journey to and back was just about bearable - in fact it was the best that it could have been in the circumstances (we got seats and were in the same carriage). It could very easily have been a very whole lot worse indeed.

Whilst I'd probably use the car to Watford - train to Wembley Central and return option if I was to go again, I just don't think that I would be happy doing so given what happened this time.

Whilst it is a real shame, it felt like the journey from the Wembley stadium to the tube (in my case Wembley Central) was managed with care by employees. Conversely, the journey from Euston was managed with no care whatsoever by anybody at all.

I thought that I'd be over it by now - I'm not.

Archived