Interesting summer ahead

Igorwasking

34 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/demand-strikers-Derby-county-could-2924245

The DET really is poo nowadays!!!  Jarrad Bowen first on the list, he'd cost £20m for starters FFS ?‍♂️

I wonder if the story was written with the expectancy that we went out...but they decided to run it anyway.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really looking forward to this closed season. 

Thankfully ending contracts of certain players will clear the field for some intelligent building and I have total confidence in Frank and Jodie knowing what will make a team tick interms of youth/experience balance.

i believe that half a dozen unused departures will free financial space for a couple or 2 newcomers plus some academy graduates and some crafty loans. We can do this .. certain - I am sure we will a force, better balanced and with a vision and style that is consistent for the first time in some years. 

Interesting he’s mentioning how he’d like to keep all the loanees when that doesn’t seem at all likely, tho tbf I would at least expect us to try and get them all back even if it’s to no avail with Wilson and Mount.

Hes right tho of the importance of loan players these days, the size of squads you need and ffp regulations make it almost certainly nessercery, even tho you’d rather have a team of your own players ideally.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Thankfully ending contracts of certain players will clear the field for some intelligent building and I have total confidence in Frank and Jodie knowing what will make a team tick interms of youth/experience balance.

i believe that half a dozen unused departures will free financial space for a couple or 2 newcomers plus some academy graduates and some crafty loans. We can do this .. certain - I am sure we will a force, better balanced and with a vision and style that is consistent for the first time in some years. 

You mention some crafty loans. The loan deals this season will again be crucial, with the transfer budget situation as it is. If we could get three gems similar to Tomori, Mount & Wilson it would be great. Not easy though....

7 minutes ago, jono said:

It would be a great change for us to be a destination of choice rather than a club players end up at cos their agents have managed to bend the Rams over......?

On 27/05/2019 at 20:56, Millenniumram said:

Weirdly I’m nowhere near as devastated as I was after QPR. Partly due to the fact we were well beat by 60 rather than it being last minute, but also cause going into that game I never really expected us to win. Went pretty much exactly as I thought. Maybe the number of playoff losses have hardened me to it. But I’m 2014 we were relentless, we were winning 6/7 on the spin and I truly believed we were at that level good enough to get up. The loss against the run of play hurt unbelievabley, whereas today we were beat by a team with consistency a level above ours. We weren’t at the level good enough to go up at any point this season imo, the squad wasn’t consistent enough to put runs together and thus really we achieved all I was expecting. So I suppose there’s less doom and gloom there cause what were we really all expecting going into the match? Only thing Is, when will we ever build a squad that IS at that level, that level that is good enough to get up? Cause we’ve had too many teams that just aren’t relentless enough recently and we can’t seem to get it right to do a Norwich etc.

With regards to the summer it’s going to be the biggest in a long Time. Imo frank will leave somewhere regardless, fairly certain we’ll have a new man in the dugout first game of the season. Pretty neutral on that regard tbh, franks done a decent job so I’d be happy for him to continue the project- but equally if we get a load of cash For him there’s plenty of managers who are less naive who could do as good if not better jobs.

A lot will rest on the ownership situation as well. We need a huge number of incomings and possibly further changes with more outgoings too. And we need to make sure these are quality as well. I personally think Mel will sell part his stake so will be interesting if whoever comes in gives a significant cash injection so we can bring in some serious quality that can take us to that next level to really compete. We should have a bit of FFP leeway with the stadium sale so investment is possible and may draw in those from China etc.

All In all its going to busy and could go many ways. Suspect we’ll know more about our direction in the next couple of weeks, in terms of management and owners. 

Agree with all this mate, especially ur assessment of the playoff final and the aftermath 

This summer is truly massive and when u look at the numbers of players that will probably be leaving then like it or not I think next season could quite conceivably dubbed as ‘a transition’ one ... yes we know we’ve just had that with yet another new manager at the helm but when ur set to lose so many players and more than likely to bring a fair few in I just hope we exercise some patience as a collective  

On 27/05/2019 at 19:15, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos, Bryson and Johnson to sign extensions 

I hope not, Johnson plays well when it suits him such as to get a new contract, Bryson is great but it's his time to go and personally I don't rate Roos he has no command of the area and always looks in no mans land on set pieces 

Archived