Recent Forum Downtime

Day

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Less red is always a good thing.

Well it was more pinky than red, was meant to be a little nod to the red numbers on the shirts back in the day.

This club doesn't give me much to work with on the colour palette, not that I would have it any other way of course.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Am I the only one who cant see the name of topic under 'Next Unread Topic' at the bottom?

This was the same before the site went offline though

You're not the only one no, they were removed a few weeks ago as they were using significant server resources and removed from the software by the developers.

The unread content link is just below, I find this is a much better way to navigate the forum anyway as you can select the topic you want, rather than being thrown into something you might not have any interest in like Cricket or Game of Thrones.

Might be unrelated, but if I rotate my phone screen to landscape and back to portrait (accidentally happens sometimes) the forum appears zoomed out, almost like I'm viewing desktop mode in my browser. I'll try to get a screenshot next time if you need it, in case you can't replicate. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

...The unread content link is just below, I find this is a much better way to navigate the forum anyway as you can select the topic you want, rather than being thrown into something you might not have any interest in like Cricket or Game of Thrones.

Agreed.  That approach works perfectly for me.  

3 minutes ago, Paese said:

Might be unrelated, but if I rotate my phone screen to landscape and back to portrait (accidentally happens sometimes) the forum appears zoomed out, almost like I'm viewing desktop mode in my browser. I'll try to get a screenshot next time if you need it, in case you can't replicate. 

Yeah it's unrelated, if you drop a screenshot into the Forum Issues topic when it happens again, let me know what phone you're on.

Sounds like a viewport issue which shouldn't be too difficult to fix. 

1 hour ago, David said:

They are, this isn't related, it's to bring them inline with the Night Mode theme to create a consistent look across the site. 

David, you are the man.

David, this is the site. 

David, this site deserves a Premiership team. ??

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

@David Just read your sticker at the top.

Will we be required to log into the new house or automatically logged in?

Login cookies "should" remain in tact, as it's pretty much a copy and paste that will take place. We're staying with the same company, just moving to a different type of server, one that we have full control over and the adjustments that we need to make for the forum shouldn't impact those cookies in any way. 

Just read the sticker thing at the top of the wotsit... it never said anything about us all getting cookies when we move in.  Is that only for those who help carry the heavy stuff?  Will they get a glass of squash too?  

Anyway, @David, I understand moving home can be one of the most stressful times in one's life, so please, take it easy, look after yourself, and don't be afraid to take a breather, if it starts getting you down!  We're all here for you hun, so best of luck.

If you need any help on the technical side of things, you know where I am. Reach out, and I'll be there.  You just call out my name, and you know, wherever I am, I'll come running (oh yeah, baby), to help you move in...

#hereforyouhun

15 minutes ago, David said:

Login cookies "should" remain in tact, as it's pretty much a copy and paste that will take place. We're staying with the same company, just moving to a different type of server, one that we have full control over and the adjustments that we need to make for the forum shouldn't impact those cookies in any way. 

"SHOULD"!!!

He ain't got a bleedin' clue wots gonna 'appen, ain't 'e ... or when!   

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

Just read the sticker thing at the top of the wotsit... it never said anything about us all getting cookies when we move in.  Is that only for those who help carry the heavy stuff?  Will they get a glass of squash too?  

Anyway, @David, I understand moving home can be one of the most stressful times in one's life, so please, take it easy, look after yourself, and don't be afraid to take a breather, if it starts getting you down!  We're all here for you hun, so best of luck.

If you need any help on the technical side of things, you know where I am. Reach out, and I'll be there.  You just call out my name, and you know, wherever I am, I'll come running (oh yeah, baby), to help you move in...

#hereforyouhun

I will bare that in mind, thank you. ?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

"SHOULD"!!!

He ain't got a bleedin' clue wots gonna 'appen, ain't 'e ... or when!   

Should covers all bases, that way if they don't I won't be called a liar, seen what you lot are like. Brutal at times.

I have a server management team now, I won't be involved much with this move, I've just told them what colours I want the walls painting and where I want the sofa and beds putting. 

Once complete I will be given the keys to inspect, maybe tweak the curtains, plump up the cushions, have a quick bounce on the beds to make sure it's ready for you all.

As I say they are working right now on painting the walls, my guesstimating of today is that I'm now a priority customer, VIP and when I say jump they ask how high. 

Just waiting on the email now that says ready when you are, which could happen any second (they work 24hrs a day), at which point I could say let's schedule for 7pm, although my preference is to get in as soon as possible to give us plenty of time to monitor and make any adjustments before Sunday's party.

Archived