Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

Sooo yesterday I fired up the Landy and took my annual trip to the DCFC Megastore at Pride Park to buy a kit for my boy who's 8 today. 

In store I ordered the 'youth small' size and signed the receipt checking the size, name and number were correct. She said come back in 45 mins and it'll be done, which it was.

He's unwrapped it this morning and it's an adult one emblazoned with bet32 or whatever it is on the front! Which means I need to take another 3 hours out of my day to get back over there and sort it out!

As you can imagine I'm in absolute turmoil. My boys birthday is ruined, loss of earnings today means I can't pay this month's gas bill and on top of it all my son says he wants to start gambling now he's been exposed to the sponsor!

Here's a picture I took of me and my son this morning, on what was supposed to be a happy day...

Screenshot_20190206-081301_Google.thumb.jpg.20f08ee6de8dd7cdd6ff1a7ce69a5c0a.jpg

I'll obviously be sending this picture and my story to the Daily Mail but my question now is, how do I play it with the megastore?

How do I get something free out of this? Maybe a training top? A Derby County mug? Or one of those postcards with Richard Keogh's massive face on it?

Any legal advice/previous experience greatly received. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The complete and utter incompetence shown by yourself is unforgivable, you had one job! 

I would file for divorce if I was the wife to be honest, try and find a better Dad whilst the kid is still young with time on his side.

What in God's holy name are you worried about? You've sorted his 18th birthday present of antique top from our promotion year, you've successfully made sure that you will never, ever be asked to go shopping again for the kids' birthday present and your 8 year old will soon be playing with the box/paper from his other presents. And, to boot, you've got a story to tell.

You millenials.................

Does the receipt say it’s a kids size ? Did they not hold it up and show you the finished article before putting it in the bag ?

if it says on the receipt that it is an adult shirt then they may not give you an exchange / refund as they don’t refund anything that has had a name printed on, be prepared to put up with it’s all in the small print type battle !

Just now, loweman2 said:

Does the receipt say it’s a kids size ? Did they not hold it up and show you the finished article before putting it in the bag ?

if it says on the receipt that it is an adult shirt then they may not give you an exchange / refund as they don’t refund anything that has had a name printed on, be prepared to put up with it’s all in the small print type battle !

It says Junior Away Shirt Size SB on the receipt. I've sent them a photo of receipt and shirt. They're gonna pay.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Really helpful @i-Ram & @David thanks. Maybe you two should go and work in the Megastore?

As it happens, lifelong Forest fan (can't name one player) Mrs Parsnip couldn't give a crap.

Anyway I've sent a curt email to the Megastore. I await their opening offer...

If you have a copy of your receipt and it says youth small, I would imagine the club shop would simply replace the shirt for you, if not then this is on you, maybe a diet? Matching father and son shirts?

Mrs Parsnip is clearly trying to play the ordeal down, deep down though I’m sure she’s hurting, maybe a bunch of flowers from the petrol station to apologise? Not sure this would be enough to save the marriage but it’s worth a go.

10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Really helpful @i-Ram & @David thanks. Maybe you two should go and work in the Megastore?

As it happens, lifelong Forest fan (can't name one player) Mrs Parsnip couldn't give a crap.

Anyway I've sent a curt email to the Megastore. I await their opening offer...

Can't only be me who had to read that at least twice ?

Best advice I can give, go all Michael Douglas Falling Down on their ass. Help yourself to a DCFC goodie bag of your choice and then pop to the nearest Mcdonalds for a relaxing cheeseburger. Just for christs sake make sure it's after half ten.

5 minutes ago, David said:

If you have a copy of your receipt and it says youth small, I would imagine the club shop would simply replace the shirt for you

The paperwork is in order. I'm sure they'd be perfectly happy for me to take another 3 hours out of my day to drive over there and swap the shirt... but that won't appease me will it? I want, and deserve compensating.

If you are seriously looking for advice:

Never be rude or lose your temper!

Speak directly to the most senior person available either in person or on the 'phone. With an e-mail you never know who is going to see it!

State clearly and simply what your problem is and what your (reasonable) expectations are.

Do not go into the conversation expecting a knock back, you may be pleasantly surprised particularly if you are polite to start with.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

Never be rude or lose your temper!

Speak directly to the most senior person available either in person or on the 'phone. With an e-mail you never know who is going to see it!

State clearly and simply what your problem is and what your (reasonable) expectations are.

Do not go into the conversation expecting a knock back, you may be pleasantly surprised particularly if you are polite to start with.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Best advice I can give, go all Michael Douglas Falling Down on their ass.

Hmmm... which way to go...

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

The paperwork is in order. I'm sure they'd be perfectly happy for me to take another 3 hours out of my day to drive over there and swap the shirt... but that won't appease me will it? I want, and deserve compensating.

3hrs is plenty of time for Mrs Parsnip to put all your belongings in black bin bags and throw them out front, if I was you I’d get some housework done before leaving, show your worth to the household then pray for the best.

#Pray4Parsnip

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Hmmm... which way to go...

When have you ever known ronnieronalde to over react to a perfectly calm situation?

Plus, imagine how much respect you'll get from your wife for showing that kind of commitment to the cause.

Women love it when you completely lose your poo over little things and worse case scenario, you get a free cheeseburger out of it.

Winner Winner.

Archived