Jayden Bogle’s Progression

DarkFruitsRam7

20 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

We should be ever grateful to Frank for giving Bogle his chance im sure we probably would never seen him under our last few managers.Last night he was great and can only keep improving.

Spot on, FL also deserves credit for persisting with him. Would have been easy to abandon him when he went through a sticky spell but he's managed that very well too. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best thing about this season has been the emergence of roos, bogle, and holmes

others have shown glimpses but to find 3 players in one season is not bad.

As a young player he was always going to have a dip in form. Last two matches have arguably been his best yet. The big change is he’s positive and aggressive in everything he does, the way he tackles, presses, passes runs with the ball. For the past few months he’s been passive and uncertain, often playing it safe. 

Hes a major talent, no doubt about it

8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Spot on, FL also deserves credit for persisting with him. Would have been easy to abandon him when he went through a sticky spell but he's managed that very well too. 

i think fans sometime forget the massive experience of the game that Franks had not only his own career but surrounded by a family stepped in football and in my humble opinion some of us  talk as though he is a normal rookie manager of us have the

When he first came in I saw why he’d been promoted, as a young lad he seemed calm and composed and mature beyond his years. He was reliable enough to be promoted and suited the system. He had potential, but to me, I couldn’t seem him much beyond upper champ/lower prem as some of his quality wasn’t enough, certainly didn’t give me the feeling of a Hughes or an 8m prem bid. 

Now though, I get it. That performance against Wednesday was one of the best footballing full back performances ivermectin seen from a derby player. A lot of work still to be done with him in terms of his final third quality, and some of his defensive nativities/weakness, but for an 18 year old, his play in the middle third particulary in unreal when he’s on form, dani Alves would be proud of some of his play there. He’ll go right to the top with some coaching on his decision making imo, and playing in a better team than ours at the minute. Work to be done, consistency to be found, but Christ he’s got something about him.

On 14/03/2019 at 10:31, TigerTedd said:

I find it interesting that he’s the one that’s made the break through to regular first teamer. So much good stuff being talked about various players in the under 23s, yet boggle is the one that made it. Hadn’t really heard to much about him before. Was he as exciting as a Tyrese Wilson, or a Mitchell-Lawson?

then when he’s getting panned by the critics on here I’m wondering ‘how did he end up being the one to get the nod’.

im very pleased he’s doing well now, and I suppose we have to expect that all these younguns looking to make the move up will have an adjustment period. It would take a prodigy to really hit the ground running. 

But it does make me a big fearful that the under 23s are being built up to be the next generation of wonder kids, but actually, only a few will make the step up, and when they do, they’ll probably be a little underwhelming / anonymous when they first get in. 

All perfectly valid points - just to say that if 'only a few' from each generation step up then that's surely a good return on investment? From the lower age groups (including Jayden himself) I can quite easily see around 4 or 5 being in or around the first team squad next season and perhaps it will be the impetus they bring more than flashy new signings that finally drives us to promotion. 

Burnley very interested in him according to Nixon today .That's if they can't get James from Chelsea .I though James was the stand out when we played Wigan a week or so ago.Played midfield that night.

Frank when straight over to him after the game would love to see him here next season ,wishful thinking I reckon.

44 minutes ago, 86 points said:

All perfectly valid points - just to say that if 'only a few' from each generation step up then that's surely a good return on investment? From the lower age groups (including Jayden himself) I can quite easily see around 4 or 5 being in or around the first team squad next season and perhaps it will be the impetus they bring more than flashy new signings that finally drives us to promotion. 

It’s people like Thomas and lesbian and such that I worry about. They’ve been talked about for the past couple of years as the shining stars, but there’s under 23s and under 18s now that seem to be over taking them, by passing the loan system, and just jumping straight into the first team. 

And that’s all good news, to be fair. It’s jusg a shame that for every one that makes it at the highest level, many more will fade away. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s people like Thomas and lesbian and such that I worry about. They’ve been talked about for the past couple of years as the shining stars, but there’s under 23s and under 18s now that seem to be over taking them, by passing the loan system, and just jumping straight into the first team. 

And that’s all good news, to be fair. It’s jusg a shame that for every one that makes it at the highest level, many more will fade away. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose. 

I’m struggling to figure out who you meant ?

I remember boldly proclaiming in 2015 that Lingard would never make a senior appearance for United again and Will Hughes would star in Russia 2018. It was only a matter of time before their careers trajectories swapped.

So forgive me for never sharing my opinion on young talent ever again. 

He’s 18 & he’ll only get better with time. He’s never been out on loan like other youngsters so this season is his first taste of senior football at any level. He’s played 30odd games. 

He’s probably come through ahead of other youngsters not only based on talent but the fact we are short at right back. 

15 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s people like Thomas and lesbian and such that I worry about. 

No need to worry mate. We'd all be lesbians if we could be. As for how they make out, according to a friend, there are numerous websites that can assist. Will forward URLs in due course.

On 18/03/2019 at 02:47, 86 points said:

No need to worry mate. We'd all be lesbians if we could be. As for how they make out, according to a friend, there are numerous websites that can assist. Will forward URLs in due course.

Well Sam Smith has just declared that he's neither Male nor female. 

So either some new genders are emerging in the grey zone, the BBC are misusing a quote about gender equality or it's a load of old poo.....?

31 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well Sam Smith has just declared that he's neither Male nor female. 

So either some new genders are emerging in the grey zone, the BBC are misusing a quote about gender equality or it's a load of old poo.....?

Have you ever wondered what the ‘+’ signifies in LBGTQ+

Archived