Jayden Bogle’s Progression

DarkFruitsRam7

On 14/03/2019 at 10:28, LB_DCFC said:

Only Stevens of sheff U (6) (who’s basically a winger in their system) el Mohamady (6) ( who plays full back/ right midfield) and Aarons of Norwich (5) have more. (Bogle has 4)

Half of bogles have been shots tho that have fallen to our players ? do like bogle think next season he be loads better next season after the experience of this season

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/03/2019 at 10:31, TigerTedd said:

I find it interesting that he’s the one that’s made the break through to regular first teamer. So much good stuff being talked about various players in the under 23s, yet boggle is the one that made it. Hadn’t really heard to much about him before. Was he as exciting as a Tyrese Wilson, or a Mitchell-Lawson?

then when he’s getting panned by the critics on here I’m wondering ‘how did he end up being the one to get the nod’.

im very pleased he’s doing well now, and I suppose we have to expect that all these younguns looking to make the move up will have an adjustment period. It would take a prodigy to really hit the ground running. 

But it does make me a big fearful that the under 23s are being built up to be the next generation of wonder kids, but actually, only a few will make the step up, and when they do, they’ll probably be a little underwhelming / anonymous when they first get in. 

very few young players burst on to the scene and stay there.The biggest enemy of a young player is consistency and they need patience from supporters.Iam sure Bogle has come on a lot since Coles arrival he would be a massive help with the young lads

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think we'll have to resign ourselves to losing him if we don't get promotion. 

To keep within ffp, I think we'll need to sell someone before the end of June. 

Whats the relevence of june?

i think we will be under pressure to sell but transfer activity doesn't  normally get going until july.

we will need to recruit at least one central defender, one or two central midfielders, and possibly a right back. some might be loans of course.

interesting summer because if we restrict our spending we might be able to keep bogle, but another big spending spree would have to be funded through sales.

36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

i think we will be under pressure to sell but transfer activity doesn't  normally get going until july.

we will need to recruit at least one central defender, one or two central midfielders, and possibly a right back. some might be loans of course.

interesting summer because if we restrict our spending we might be able to keep bogle, but another big spending spree would have to be funded through sales.

June is the end of the financial year.

Our bigger money sales in previous seasons have normally happened before the end of June. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I thought the FFP assessment period was moved to March?

Maybe so.

March is when accounts would have to be published so makes sense I guess.

I believe the assessment is now based on prior seasons results and projections for the season ahead.

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We have had a couple of good cup runs though that probably bought in around £3-4m we hadn't budgeted for. 

And if we make the playoffs there's a potential £1-2m extra income there too. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe so.

March is when accounts would have to be published so makes sense I guess.

I believe the assessment is now based on prior seasons results and projections for the season ahead.

Figures for the two previous completed seasons plus a projection for the current season are used

54 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

£7m bid rejected say DET.

Would need to be double that to begin discussions.

Funny really, 5 games ago a large portion of our fanbase thought he was hopeless.

28 minutes ago, Srg said:

Funny really, 5 games ago a large portion of our fanbase thought he was hopeless.

A repetitive, strident group of moaning posters on here doesn't quite equate to 'large proportion of our fan base'.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

A repetitive, strident group of moaning posters on here doesn't quite equate to 'large proportion of our fan base'.

Agree, most of the folks I interact with have been waxing lyrical about him all season.

Sure, "Bogle didn't stop the cross again!" came up an awful lot, but that is/was a legitimate criticism of him (although he's done better of late) and someone fairly criticising a player doesn't mean they think he's poo - but that's often what people take from it.

I'm a huge fan of Keogh, for example, but I got a couple of "eye-roll" reactions on here in the match thread when I had the gall to suggest he was in the wrong for playing a no-look pass straight out for a throw-in, despite his complaints at Bogle not being where he imagined he was ? 

57 minutes ago, Srg said:

I didn’t think he was hopeless, but you’re not far off. He’s completely proved me wrong in recent weeks. His upturn in form seems to be more than temporary; rather it looks like he’s worked on much of his game, both defensively and going forward. His confidence is also booming, which is a huge help.

I’d be reluctant to sell him now.

41 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Agree, most of the folks I interact with have been waxing lyrical about him all season.

Sure, "Bogle didn't stop the cross again!" came up an awful lot, but that is/was a legitimate criticism of him (although he's done better of late) and someone fairly criticising a player doesn't mean they think he's poo - but that's often what people take from it.

I'm a huge fan of Keogh, for example, but I got a couple of "eye-roll" reactions on here in the match thread when I had the gall to suggest he was in the wrong for playing a no-look pass straight out for a throw-in, despite his complaints at Bogle not being where he imagined he was ? 

How do you know he was complaining about Bogle's positioning and not apologising for thinking Bogle was somewhere he wasn't?

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How do you know he was complaining about Bogle's positioning and not apologising for thinking Bogle was somewhere he wasn't?

I don't, but I think it's more likely that his repeated pointing at the spot where he passed the ball makes it more likely. Even then, it was really just me finding my perception of the moment funny, yesterday was another good Keogh performance.

Archived