Jayden Bogle’s Progression

DarkFruitsRam7

I was really excited to see him in the first team this season after all the hype he’d been getting playing for the U23s last year.

I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with him for a long time. I didn’t write him off completely but he seemed to be making the same mistakes, week in week out, without learning. Couple that with a decline in his threat going forward and I thought we should sell at the first sign of interest.

However, he’s rapidly proving me wrong now. He’s become a lot more solid in recent weeks, but most impressive is the fact that he’s become far more dangerous on the attack. He’s a real outlet for us at the minute, and his crossing seems to have improved no end.

Keep it up lad. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I'd like to see his actual assists compared to other RBs/LBs in the league please

Only Stevens of sheff U (6) (who’s basically a winger in their system) el Mohamady (6) ( who plays full back/ right midfield) and Aarons of Norwich (5) have more. (Bogle has 4)

I find it interesting that he’s the one that’s made the break through to regular first teamer. So much good stuff being talked about various players in the under 23s, yet boggle is the one that made it. Hadn’t really heard to much about him before. Was he as exciting as a Tyrese Wilson, or a Mitchell-Lawson?

then when he’s getting panned by the critics on here I’m wondering ‘how did he end up being the one to get the nod’.

im very pleased he’s doing well now, and I suppose we have to expect that all these younguns looking to make the move up will have an adjustment period. It would take a prodigy to really hit the ground running. 

But it does make me a big fearful that the under 23s are being built up to be the next generation of wonder kids, but actually, only a few will make the step up, and when they do, they’ll probably be a little underwhelming / anonymous when they first get in. 

22 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I was really excited to see him in the first team this season after all the hype he’d been getting playing for the U23s last year.

I have to say, I was pretty disappointed with him for a long time. I didn’t write him off completely but he seemed to be making the same mistakes, week in week out, without learning. Couple that with a decline in his threat going forward and I thought we should sell at the first sign of interest.

However, he’s rapidly proving me wrong now. He’s become a lot more solid in recent weeks, but most impressive is the fact that he’s become far more dangerous on the attack. He’s a real outlet for us at the minute, and his crossing seems to have improved no end.

Keep it up lad. 

He’s come a long way in a very short time.

If he can improve his crossing and shooting, and score a few goals he will be a Premiership player. I expect him to regress a bit before improving again. But destined at the moment for the very top. 

15 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I find it interesting that he’s the one that’s made the break through to regular first teamer. So much good stuff being talked about various players in the under 23s, yet boggle is the one that made it. Hadn’t really heard to much about him before. Was he as exciting as a Tyrese Wilson, or a Mitchell-Lawson?

He certainly got plenty of hype for the U23s. Rowett picked him out ahead of the likes of Luke Thomas (who was tearing it up at the time) and Max Bird as the most exciting player in the academy. Tyree Wilson is still very young (16 I think), so I wouldn't expect him to make a first-team appearance this season.

I got told that our scouts went down to Swindon to look at Mitchell-Lawson specifically (looking to spend the budget that Mel had given Wassall to spend on youth players), and they watched him play about three games. It was only in the third game that Bogle played and they signed him off the back of that, along with the original target of Mitchell-Lawson. Now he's a multi-million-pound asset. Mitchell-Lawson doesn't look half bad either.

32 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Bogle basically skipped right over the U23s. If I'm not mistaken, he only played a handful of games for them last season. Mostly played with the U18s.

It's remarkable to think that Bogle is still eligible for that U-18 team until the end of this season!

The reality is that many of the players that go to the very top will do that. This is why I think the likes of Elsnik and Thomas may not quite be good enough to make it with us.

But the next generation of Wilson, Lawson, Bird and Sibley could be.

It’s funny how players play better in a more settled side. It’s shown how we’ve got better the last few games with a settled team. The back 4 has been a constant with only Lawrence coming in for zoon.

less chopping and changing will see better performance both individually and as a team. 

Bogle certainly looks better for it

Current system suits our attacking fullbacks perfectly, the holding mids were dropping into the fullback positions last night when we were countered and it allowed Bogle and Malone to push on in attack. 

I agree that Bogle has improved of late but the change of system has allowed him to take attacking risks knowing he has some cover behind him. 

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Current system suits our attacking fullbacks perfectly, the holding mids were dropping into the fullback positions last night when we were countered and it allowed Bogle and Malone to push on in attack. 

I agree that Bogle has improved of late but the change of system has allowed him to take attacking risks knowing he has some cover behind him. 

The adjusted system is interesting. It gives us a bit more solidity and, with the brilliance of Holmes playing in the hole, we haven't lost too much in attack. Mount won't be a guaranteed starter when he gets back, and I'd certainly be reluctant to see Holmes shunted out onto the wing. However, the guy is so good he could do an excellent job there if we really wanted Mount back in.

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The adjusted system is interesting. It gives us a bit more solidity and, with the brilliance of Holmes playing in the hole, we haven't lost too much in attack. Mount won't be a guaranteed starter when he gets back, and I'd certainly be reluctant to see Holmes shunted out onto the wing. However, the guy is so good he could do an excellent job there if we really wanted Mount back in.

I think Frank will put Mount straight back into the team when he’s fit. As improved as we’ve been, were not creating many clear cut chances for the strikers. It’s a lot of shots from the edge of the box. Waghorns chance against Wednesday the best creates and he made a pigs ear of it. Whatever happens Holmes has to stay in the team though. 

We need to get people in the box quicker as well, it’s hard for Bogle or malone to put a good ball in if there’s just the 1 striker in the box.

I think Bogle suffered when we tried to address our defensive frailties. When he burst onto the scene his attacking prowess, whilst sometimes too cavalier, was a joy to behold. Not sure if this happened but it certainly felt like somebody somewhere along the line coached that out of him or definitely held him back. He would frustratingly turn back or come inside which contributed to our laboured approach to attacking. It's great to see him being more offensive again. I think the point made about Ashley Cole helping him is probably bang on the money. We've definitely got an exciting prospect on our hands and I'm looking forward to watching his progression. 

Don't forget when he arrived 2 years ago, he was signed as a right winger. He hadn't been playing RB for long at academy level, never mind professionally. He deserves so much praise for his attitude, his confidence and stopping Wisdom, a player with many Championship games, out of the side for the majority of the season. 18 years old too. Deserves young player of the season.  

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think Bogle suffered when we tried to address our defensive frailties. When he burst onto the scene his attacking prowess, whilst sometimes too cavalier, was a joy to behold. Not sure if this happened but it certainly felt like somebody somewhere along the line coached that out of him or definitely held him back. He would frustratingly turn back or come inside which contributed to our laboured approach to attacking. It's great to see him being more offensive again. I think the point made about Ashley Cole helping him is probably bang on the money. We've definitely got an exciting prospect on our hands and I'm looking forward to watching his progression. 

We should be ever grateful to Frank for giving Bogle his chance im sure we probably would never seen him under our last few managers.Last night he was great and can only keep improving.

Been very impressed with young Jayden this season.  Has been very enthusiastic and keyed-in for the most part whenever he has played and it is obvious the young talent that we have on hand here.  Has he made some mistakes? Well sure, but the confidence is there, along with the attitude I believe, and he will only continue to get better.  Very eager to see how he progresses from here on out.

On another note,  now if only can find a 3rd cousin or similar who is American...?

Archived