U23s v Bristol City

Day

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I see this Max Bird play, the more I think he should be, same as Bogle, fast-tracked into the first team.

He looks so assured on the ball and could be the answer in our midfield. Let’s face it, Hudds and Brys have been great servants, but are unlikely to be here next year and the jury is out on Evans.

Why not bring him in, tell him he’s going to get a run in the team. Fans WILL give him more leeway as ‘he’s one of our own’. I’d rather now watch a youth product playing for the shirt than, say, Bryson turning up to the next 50/50 a day late and a dollar short.

11 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

The more I see this Max Bird play, the more I think he should be, same as Bogle, fast-tracked into the first team.

He looks so assured on the ball and could be the answer in our midfield. Let’s face it, Hudds and Brys have been great servants, but are unlikely to be here next year and the jury is out on Evans.

Why not bring him in, tell him he’s going to get a run in the team. Fans WILL give him more leeway as ‘he’s one of our own’. I’d rather now watch a youth product playing for the shirt than, say, Bryson turning up to the next 50/50 a day late and a dollar short.

I assume this will happen next season. As the 18-year-old captain of the U23s, it seems the natural step. At the very least, he'll get a decent chance to impress in pre-season and go out on loan if he isn't considered ready.

6 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

How did Ambrose do?

Had little to do but calm and composed on the ball, had a couple of runs forward, very Keoghesque, one which led to Shonibare’s goal. 

Did get caught out trying turn a Bristol City forward in the second half which came to nothing. 

13 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

See how the next few games go, if play offs look definitely out of reach then start planning for next season. Play young players who'll be here and not bother with those who won't. Might not win as many games or play as well, but in grand scheme might worth more when there's nothing to play for. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Had little to do but calm and composed on the ball, had a couple of runs forward, very Keoghesque, one which led to Shonibare’s goal. 

Did get caught out trying turn a Bristol City forward in the second half which came to nothing. 

I knew it!

Full time. Tell you what, that was bloody good.

Went a bit flat just after the half, but Roache came on and we stepped it up again and smashed them.

Really could have been double figures but you can’t complain. 

Wow what a score line excellent result.

If this seasons playoff push does peter out then I think we should definitely be giving these youngsters an chance to staking a claim for next season!

Bird definitely has the look of a player who could make the step up

A great game for us to pick for our first time at the Loughborough University Stadium. 

Very entertaining football played on the front foot. Efe didn’t look off the pace to say he hasn't played for a while but of course it was our midfield and forwards who shone today. Hard to pick individual players as the team work and ethic is plain to see.

Two hat tricks were well deserved and we had a quick chat with Craig Short at the end of the game. Told him we were plotting how soon we could get some of these lads in the first team and he said they wouldn't let us down.

A perfect antidote to our recent struggles and I hope we see some of that attacking intent from the first team tomorrow.  

PS Excuse random quote above - it's a stray! 

Archived