Midfield, eh?

Alph

I thought even with our God awful midfield they wouldn't manage to be bad enough lose to Millwall.

Big Tom, bottle job Craig, Castaway Wilson take a bow. 

Let's not forget the supporting cast. Holmes, Lawrence, Johnson, King and Evans. Whoever is given the responsibility for building through the middle, being selfless, feeding the ball and supporting it, dropping it off here, laying it off there, doing dummy runs and pulling opponents formations apart with movement, getting goal side and defending sensibly. Take a bow. 

You may score a wonder goal here or put in a good solid 7/10 once in a month. 

But as an actual team player? You're completely poo. Butterfield is as good as any of you. James Bailey is as good as you. Fook off with your poo step overs, your "I'm not listening celebrations", your cowardly passing, your 30 yard screamers, your "physical presence", your super stealth interceptions that Stevie Wonder could read. And the Hollywood throughballs? Those defence splitters? I'd like to fook you off to Hollywood you selfish cretins.

You're all a good action sequence in a horrible movie. You're the catchy chorus in a bank song. 

What's the saying? "Fur coat and no knickers" 

I wouldn't call any of them bad players which is what pisses me off even more. They aren't poo. They have shown that. 

Maybe it's Lampard's fault. Maybe I'll regret this post when we beat Forest. 

Far too many games now. Just like the inability to stop crosses. Areas that have constantly cost us points and continue to undermine some of the hard graft put in by certain forwards feeding off scraps and 2 CB's that are asked to do absolutely everything. 

2 CB's bombarded with crosses. Tasked with playing more than half the pitch. 

Mason Mount needs to come sort this shizzle out. He's the only one left in the squad that can if he recaptured some form. 

Anybody who didn't rate Will Hughes? Look, here's what he did. The support role. The thankless link play. The "I'll clean your poo up so you can do stepovers" role. Assist the assist. 

These guys idea of foreplay is spitting on it. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I thought even with our God awful midfield they wouldn't manage to be bad enough lose to Millwall.

Let's not forget the supporting cast. Holmes, Lawrence, Johnson, King and Evans. Whoever is given the responsibility for building through the middle, being selfless, feeding the ball and supporting it, dropping it off here, laying it off there, doing dummy runs and pulling opponents formations apart with movement, getting goal side and defending sensibly. Take a bow. 

But as an actual team player? You're completely poo. Butterfield is as good as any of you. James Bailey is as good as you. Fook off with your poo step overs, your "I'm not listening celebrations", your cowardly passing, your 30 yard screamers, your "physical presence", your super stealth interceptions that Stevie Wonder could read. And the Hollywood throughballs? Those defence splitters? I'd like to fook you off to Hollywood you selfish cretins.

You're all a good action sequence in a horrible movie. You're the catchy chorus in a bank song. 

I wouldn't call any of them bad players which is what pisses me off even more. They aren't poo. They have shown that. 

Far too many games now. Just like the inability to stop crosses. Areas that have constantly cost us points and continue to undermine some of the hard graft put in by certain forwards feeding off scraps and 2 CB's that are asked to do absolutely everything. 

Mason Mount needs to come sort this shizzle out. He's the only one left in the squad that can if he recaptured some form. 

Anybody who didn't rate Will Hughes? Look, here's what he did. The support role. The thankless link play. The "I'll clean your poo up so you can do stepovers" role. Assist the assist. 

But we got a point at Ipswich

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Will hughes jeff hendrick both would walk into our team even if they both had both legs blown off ?

4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Will hughes jeff hendrick both would walk into our team even if they both had both legs blown off ?

My memory is trying to tell me Michael Tonge was a great player for us. 

I have a poster of Paul Green on my bedroom wall

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

John Eustace, Paul Coutts, Simon Dawkins, Jamie Ward, I could keep listing ex players that would be more than welcome back to replace this current poo.

Duane Holmes is just as ineffective as Simon Dawkins was. Tidy feet, no value.

Convince me otherwise. 

Huddlestone: pointless against anyone who bothers to stick a man on him. Good when he’s given all the time in the world.

Bryson: like a wall except the top of the wall is angled such that when the ball hits it it goes directly upwards. Was great, isn’t any more.

Wilson: not a CM

King: Bryson but taller. Didn’t he used to score loads for Leicester? 

Evans: King

Johnson: can’t do any worse than the others. May as well play him.

Remember when we sold Will Hughes for a tiny bit more than what Cardiff just paid for Leandro ducking Bacuna. Good times.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Duane Holmes is just as ineffective as Simon Dawkins was. Tidy feet, no value.

Convince me otherwise. 

I like both. Dawkins I always liked because he'd pick it up, carry it into dangerous areas and drop it off with someone else. I liked that option to make the ball stick in the final third. 

Holmes could do that. He can probably do a lot more. But he's not because like the other knobbers he's looking after his own interests. He wants to look like a world beaters so Derby County will suffer while he plays on his own. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

It's pretty poo isn't it.

God,how much would I pay to get hendrick,will Hughes,ward and Martin back here....say what you want about Clough but he knew how to bring bloody good players in on a shoestring.

We don't need a massive budget,we need the abilityto bring the right players in with the right attitude and then instill them with a team ethic and attitude to succeed and play as a team.

39 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I like both. Dawkins I always liked because he'd pick it up, carry it into dangerous areas and drop it off with someone else. I liked that option to make the ball stick in the final third. 

Holmes could do that. He can probably do a lot more. But he's not because like the other knobbers he's looking after his own interests. He wants to look like a world beaters so Derby County will suffer while he plays on his own. 

I think this individual over the team could be the work of the management team rather than the players themselves going off on one. If you look at clips of Jody Morris’s Chelsea u18s there seems to be a lot of individual skill resulting in goals rather than teamwork creating chances. I know it’s youth football so somewhat to be expected, but I do wonder whether there’s been emphasis in training etc on individual quality rather than the whole team? I mean on the face of it having players that can pull something out of nothing isn’t a bad thing, but it’s a huge problem when it’s in place of actually working and moving, pressing and playing as a team unit. What good is a load of players trying to do magic when nobody’s doing the basics and creating a chance for someone to pull the magic out the hat?

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's pretty poo isn't it.

God,how much would I pay to get hendrick,will Hughes,ward and Martin back here....say what you want about Clough but he knew how to bring bloody good players in on a shoestring.

We don't need a massive budget,we need the abilityto bring the right players in with the right attitude and then instill them with a team ethic and attitude to succeed and play as a team.

And to think Hughes was actually given to us gratis. Like finding gold at the bottom of the garden. Except we polished it for a few years and then let the dustman chuck it on the tip in exchange for a bag of pegs. Utter lunacy.

Archived