Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, with England opening batsmen falling like flies, being caught sticking recreational goodies into their bodies and generally being crap, I think we need to hide Billy Godleman from sight for a while. He is in the form of his life at the moment and I, for one, don't want to share him.

255-8 from Derbyshires innings, looks low compared to what’s gone before, but looking around the games today, the scores are all fairly low...Leicestershire Bowles out for 80 and Yorkshire bowled out for just over 200, so maybe it’s a good total.

most of the batsmen chipped in, a very good 49no from Critchley probably the highlight.

Now that’s a nice looking scorecard. Madsen showing his class with an unbeaten century, Hughes putting some good runs on the board again, and only 40 for Godleman this time but he’s really piling on the runs, I’d be surprised if anyone has more runs in the competition.  Critchley getting better at his, come in smack 

With Du Plooy hopefully back in 4 weeks, the batting line up looks stronger than it has in a good while.

C61D9A41-69BF-4F21-8FAF-27E6035425D6.png

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Do they play 7 games or 14 games in the group stages?

Neither. They play 8 (there are 9 teams in each group, and you play 4 of them at home, the other 4 away).

Derbyshire now have 2 to play. If they win them both, they will certainly qualify for the knockout, in 2nd or 3rd place. If they win 1, there is a slight chance they might finish third, but it would need many results to go their way.

Today's game was a comfortable win. Warwickshire just didn't get anywhere near enough runs to put any real pressure on - I thought that 320-330 was 'par', given the way it has played at Derby so far this season. Derbyshire only lost wickets through carelessness, taking liberties.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

Neither. They play 8 (there are 9 teams in each group, and you play 4 of them at home, the other 4 away).

Derbyshire now have 2 to play. If they win them both, they will certainly qualify for the knockout, in 2nd or 3rd place. If they win 1, there is a slight chance they might finish third, but it would need many results to go their way.

Today's game was a comfortable win. Warwickshire just didn't get anywhere near enough runs to put any real pressure on - I thought that 320-330 was 'par', given the way it has played at Derby so far this season. Derbyshire only lost wickets through carelessness, taking liberties.

Yes I should have put 8/16 rather than 7/14. I think the fact they usually play 14 in the T20 group (why not 16?) messed with my brain.

It's certainly been a bright start to the season for the team in all forms.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Could do with Notts doing us a favour today and beating Worcestershire. Then if we can go to Lancashire and win, we will be in a great position going into the final game.

FFS Notts are 77/6 (20)

Archived