Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JoetheRam said:

Quality result.

Godleman off to a great start this year.

I was starting to grumble he was going too slow with a strike rate hovering around the late 60s early 70s, but a flurry of boundaries saw that rise, and it turned into a well paced innings, with Du Plooy able to finish the job off...just ?

On 19/04/2019 at 19:24, eddie said:

A word about the new signing, Leus du Plooy (signed on a 2-year contract yesterday) - I'm betting this lad will have a sensational impact

ah-smug-mode.jpg.e6553329ae783ae7748673e7ef8958c8.jpg

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

They’ve just put the last ball up on Facebook....gotta give credit to Critchley, he knew 2 runs were needed and didn’t hesitate for a second getting up and down the wicket.

Looked like he was half way back for the 2nd run before du Plooy had even finished the first run ?

55 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Team to face Yorkshire, Rampaul & Dal replace (I think) Watt & Gleadall.

not really sure what Dal brings to the team, bats down at 8, not a big hitter & never seems to bowl very much ?‍♂️

Fantastic backward point fielder.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yorkshire 148-0 after 22 overs. 6 bowlers used so far and no sign of Dal. Not sure where Watt & Van Beek are, I’m guessing injured, otherwise surely they’d be playing?

I'm more interested in seeing how Derbyshire batsmen cope against Duanne Olivier.

I suspect it might get a bit Duckworth-Lewisy later. There's a pretty broad belt of rain just beetling in on the Leeds-Bradford area at the moment - I suspect they will be off the field in the next half an hour or so, and likely for some time.

Yorkshire latest 180-2 off 28.2 overs - Rampaul and Critchley with the wickets.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

The rain has come, Yorks 308-2  off of 40 overs, could work in our favour as they looked on for a massive total with a couple of well sett really good batsmen.

The radar is clear now - I reckon they had about 3 hours of rain, so with mopping-up time, assuming that Derbyshire get (the minimum) 20 overs of play, DLS will be in play, and without resorting to tables and calculators, I'm going to suggest that it will be a very stiff target of around 200.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

The radar is clear now - I reckon they had about 3 hours of rain, so with mopping-up time, assuming that Derbyshire get (the minimum) 20 overs of play, DLS will be in play, and without resorting to tables and calculators, I'm going to suggest that it will be a very stiff target of around 200.

5:15 restart time

Match Tied. Big effort from Godleman, Du Plooy & Critchley, just couldn’t find that 1 extra run. To be fair though, I always thought we’d struggle to get there, so it was a very good effort. Another century for Godleman, the guy is a run machine at the moment.

Archived