Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all, a fantastic day's cricket, which really deserved some warmer weather. Over 700 runs and 4 centuries - take a bow, Derbyshire head groundsman, but please think of the bowlers as well. Any more of that and the World Wildlife Fund will be having to designate them a protected species. A Derbyshire win would have been nice, but to witness such an incredible innings as that played by Wessels was a privilege.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not Derbyshire related but watching Middlesex v Lancs....first time I have seen Mahmood bowl.....definite future England bowler.....an older guy looks decent too, Anderson I think his name is ?

I said to the Memsahib a little while ago "Middlesex will win this if Onions keeps bowling this tripe".

It was only when she laughed that I realised what I had said.

34 minutes ago, eddie said:

I said to the Memsahib a little while ago "Middlesex will win this if Onions keeps bowling this tripe".

It was only when she laughed that I realised what I had said.

"The Bowler's Holding, The Batsman's Willey".

8 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Tom Lace has been recalled by Middlesex for their upcoming game with Leicestershire, but will return to us before our next game. 

Made a very good start in the championship, if he gets another game under his belt it’s no bad thing.

I agree, but it's a farcical situation when this sort of thing (short-term recalls) is allowed. I suppose until it affects a county with a test match ground detrimentally, nothing will be done. Perhaps if we give Glamorgan a trouncing with Lace smashing a double hundred, they will moan about it to the ECB

9 hours ago, eddie said:

I agree, but it's a farcical situation when this sort of thing (short-term recalls) is allowed. I suppose until it affects a county with a test match ground detrimentally, nothing will be done. Perhaps if we give Glamorgan a trouncing with Lace smashing a double hundred, they will moan about it to the ECB

Yeah it’s a bit daft, when I first saw it I thought he was going back for good, so I was just pleased he was coming back. 

Just like in football, I very much believe a loan for a season, should be exactly that.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I see Richardson our overseas bowler for the 20/20 has been called up by Australia for the World Cup and won't be coming. Ideas for a replacement?

Yeah saw that, they’ve said they have candidates in mind who are also bowlers. Not sure who’s available to be honest.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Another ausssie quick, which is a good thing.

Yes, and from what I've seen from watching the Big Bash and IPL, he's a good un.

Archived