Derbyshire Cricket 2019

eddie

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Does the cricket team follow the example of DCFC by falling apart after midsummer? ?

In recent years, it was traditional for them to fall apart before a ball had been bowled.

The great thing about cricket is that pretty well everyone watching is there to enjoy the game, and (at least for me) just winning is secondary to the actual event. The very nature of the game is that evolves over time - hundreds and hundreds of 'small contests', all of which have a contributory effect.

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

In recent years, it was traditional for them to fall apart before a ball had been bowled.

The great thing about cricket is that pretty well everyone watching is there to enjoy the drinking games, and (at least for me) just winning is secondary to the actual event. 

FTFY

19 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

New signing just been announced. Can’t say I know much about the guy, other than he’s South African, 24 and a batsman. 

2 year contract to play all forms....so, hopefully the next Wayne Madsen then ?

F1914028-A46C-444E-A872-A1580AE4BFED.jpeg

Said we were a batsman light...hope he is the man to fill the void....

49 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Question for those that go regularly. Do we still play at Queens Park in Chesterfield? And why do we play at Leeks sometimes? Its in Staffs!!

Yes, the Chesterfield Festival of Cricket is a yearly thing at the moment, with a championship match, followed by the home T20 games vs Yorkshire.

we’ve only played at leek a handful of times I think. With Staffs not having a County team, I guess it was in the hope of picking up some support. It’s an area where we seem to look to pick up young players as well.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Yes, the Chesterfield Festival of Cricket is a yearly thing at the moment, with a championship match, followed by the home T20 games vs Yorkshire.

we’ve only played at leek a handful of times I think. With Staffs not having a County team, I guess it was in the hope of picking up some support. It’s an area where we seem to look to pick up young players as well.

I just love Queens Park and its setting.

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I just love Queens Park and its setting.

So does Matt Critchley.

In last year's Chesterfield Festival of Cricket, he hit two half-centuries and took 10 wickets in the match in the County Championship win against Northants, then walloped 22 off the last over (off the bowling of Tim Bresnan) to give Derbyshire victory in the T20 against Yorkshire.

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Quick check of the score as it’s half time in the footy, 

Northants 36-3, good start by Rampaul & Van Beek

Think we did well to get that score from where we were

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think we did well to get that score from where we were

Yeah, I was thinking we’d do well to get 230 at one point, but we scored quickly in the late overs, which is very un-Derbyshire-like, credit to Critchley & Hosein for that.

Archived