Derby to explore options into potential singing section

Day

Derby County Football Club, are exploring options into a potential singing section in the Morley Hayes South Stand for the 2019/20 season and beyond.

The club recently met with representatives from Club 84, who expressed interest in generating more noise inside Pride Park Stadium, and are happy to explore potential options. 

Supporters are asked to register their interest in a potential signing area on the following form by midnight on Sunday 17th February 2019. 

Fans wishing to relocate to any potential area should still renew their Season Ticket or select an alternative seat and renew by Sunday 31st March 2019 to ensure they get their 2019/20 Season Ticket at the cheapest possible price.

Please note that any possible relocation can only be looked at once Period One of Season Ticket renewals closes on 31st March and fans currently seated in the Morley Hayes South Stand will not be asked to relocate; however if all fans don’t relocate in this area by 31st March it may allow space for a signing section to be formed.

For more information and to register your interest here: http://thera.ms/singing.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2019/02/derby-to-explore-options-into-potential-singing-section-at-pride-park-stadium?__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tough decision for me. I've been sat in the North Stand since the age of 6 with my mum. I really enjoy chatting to the old couple and their great-grandsons on the other side of me as well. 

I also get really frustrated when I feel like I can't sing, shout, scream and swear in the North Stand. When I see the South Stand bouncing I feel slightly frustrated, wishing I was one of them. 

I've been considering moving for a couple of years now but I'm not sure whether I have the heart to leave the people I currently sit with. I've expressed my interest anyway so I still have the option.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Very tough decision for me. I've been sat in the North Stand since the age of 6 with my mum. I really enjoy chatting to the old couple and their great-grandsons on the other side of me as well. 

I also get really frustrated when I feel like I can't sing, shout, scream and swear in the North Stand. When I see the South Stand bouncing I feel slightly frustrated, wishing I was one of them. 

I've been considering moving for a couple of years now but I'm not sure whether I have the heart to leave the people I currently sit with.

Move. I can't sit anywhere else. Perhaps SW Upper at a push. Anywhere else is football in a library.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Move. I can't sit anywhere else. Perhaps SW Upper at a push. Anywhere else is football in a library.

I know, it's ducking hard when you see the South Stand bouncing like yesterday and you're just sat on your arse with the grannies. I've said for a while now that I'd stick it out in the North Stand until the old couple next to me pass on, but I really don't want to miss out on this.

The other thing is I'll be spending a year abroad as part of my uni course in the 2020/21 season. That will be hard enough as it is (no Derby for a whole year) but I'd likely lose my seat in the singing section (if it takes off) for the following season as well.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

It was. But was filled with people who were after cheaper season tickets. 

Which was fair enough. 

This is a good idea, though. 

If that's true then those who just moved to get cheaper tickets are going to be difficult to shift, unless the Club offer them discounts to other parts of the ground which will then upset others. Not an easy one to solve.

25 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The other thing is I'll be spending a year abroad as part of my uni course in the 2020/21 season. That will be hard enough as it is (no Derby for a whole year) but I'd likely lose my seat in the singing section (if it takes off) for the following season as well.

Probs just stay put for the 19/20 season then. Makes sense. 

You can always get a ticket in the South for the odd game. Plenty along the bottom available. poo view, though ?

Athough you are as close to the instagram babe Kelle Roos as you can be for 45 mins.

20 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I think any singing area should be in the East Stand to give the best possible chance for the atmosphere to improve. 

Singing from one end of the ground will always sounds worse IMO and also we only attack that half for 45 minutes. 

How long will we be attacking the East Stand for? ?

Archived