Our away support

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Anyone got the figures for our away support this season? Having a spat with my nightmare of a cousin who is a Dirties fan and says we took hardly any to their place. Does anyone know the official away following at the Dirties? Thanks.

I tried to dig up the numbers (attendance and allocation) before the Leeds game but struggled / didn’t put much effort in.

Away games played (not on Sky): Millwall (1436/2083), Hull (1736/1888), Rotherham (2600/2600), Bolton (1869/2183), QPR (2686/3103), Sheff Weds (2954/3182), Wigan (2003/2923), Norwich (1558/1626)

Away games played (on Sky): Reading (1947/2200), WBA (1750/2733), Boro (1300+/2051), Stoke(3001/3001), Sheff Utd (2253/2253)

Leeds (1238/1487)

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I tried to dig up the numbers (attendance and allocation) before the Leeds game but struggled / didn’t put much effort in.

Away games played (not on Sky): Millwall (1436/2083), Hull (1736/1888), Rotherham (2600/2600), Bolton (1869/2183), QPR (2686/3103), Sheff Weds (2954/3182), Wigan (2003/2923), Norwich (1558/1626)

Away games played (on Sky): Reading (1947/2200), WBA (1750/2733), Boro (1300+/2051), Stoke(3001/3001), Sheff Utd (2253/2253)

Leeds (1238/1487)

So that works out to be 2023 average, which is not bad at all , only 4 more teams have a better average than us then, Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, and Stoke by about 40, and 5 of them have been on sky, with trips still left to Forest, Brum, Villa and a last away game at Bristol, can see us getting over 2000 average this season, so our away support is not in a bad shape at all. Not like the late 80s or early 90s, where it was nearly a sell out everywhere we went, will always remember when we took over 10000 to Sheffield United in the league, and Gee got the only goal, that day will live long in my memory.

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

So that works out to be 2023 average, which is not bad at all , only 4 more teams have a better average than us then, Leeds, Villa, Wednesday, and Stoke by about 40, and 5 of them have been on sky, with trips still left to Forest, Brum, Villa and a last away game at Bristol, can see us getting over 2000 average this season, so our away support is not in a bad shape at all. Not like the late 80s or early 90s, where it was nearly a sell out everywhere we went, will always remember when we took over 10000 to Sheffield United in the league, and Gee got the only goal, that day will live long in my memory.

I remember it well. Right behind the goal where Gee banged it in, WHAT A RUN.

I jumped as we scored and got squashed against the fence about 3 feet off the floor for about 2 minutes.

Happy, heady days.

9 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Anyone got the figures for our away support this season? Having a spat with my nightmare of a cousin who is a Dirties fan and says we took hardly any to their place. Does anyone know the official away following at the Dirties? Thanks.

Just remind your Dirties fan cousin that up until this season their ground has been half empty for the last 5 or 10 years.

7 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Not like the late 80s or early 90s, where it was nearly a sell out everywhere we went, will always remember when we took over 10000 to Sheffield United in the league, and Gee got the only goal, that day will live long in my memory.

Blimey O Riley !

That still gives me goose bumps whenever I think of him slotting it past Budgie in front of the packed away end I was jumping up and down all the way back to Pond street that day !

We also used to take large numbers to Hillsborough I recall going on a football special train and getting off at Herries road near the stadium walking up to the ground and into Leppings lane end when the terraces were open ,going down the notorious tunnel .Seem to think we were going down to division 3 and wendies were going up division 1?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just remind your Dirties fan cousin that up until this season their ground has been half empty for the last 5 or 10 years.

I have, don't worry. I have just looked at the last 15 seasons in fact. During that time they have only finished above us 3 times. We also beat them 10 times in a row during that time. Also, other than last season, we have had a bigger average home attendance than them for the last 8 seasons I think. Doesn't stop him whining on about they have won more than us historically, been in a European final, played in the Champions League blah blah blah ...and that they are top of the table and humiliated us twice this season. He has selective amnesia I think....

This is a good site for attendances in general: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

You can choose a team by clicking on it, then going to the attendances tab and selecting home/away/all. I think the away figures are on there.

I've had a look at historic figures and there's only been the odd occasion where Leeds have had more at home than us. Plus we all know Forrest (supposedly the famous team) haven't beaten us on home attendances since 2003/04.

3 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

This is a good site for attendances in general: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

You can choose a team by clicking on it, then going to the attendances tab and selecting home/away/all. I think the away figures are on there.

I've had a look at historic figures and there's only been the odd occasion where Leeds have had more at home than us. Plus we all know Forrest (supposedly the famous team) haven't beaten us on home attendances since 2003/04.

That's total attendance (home+away) when away

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Leeds (1238/1487)

Not just an average of 2023, but also an average 84% of the allocation. 

82% when on Sky, and 86% when *not* on Sky.

Worst fixtures: 52%+ v Boro, lunchtime kickoff, on Sky. 4.5 hour round trip

64%, v WBA, mid week evening kickoff, on Sky. 2 hour round trip

69%, v Wigan, Saturday 3pm kickoff, 3.5 hour round trip.

69%, v Millwall, Saturday 3pm kickoff, 6 hour round trip, BUT it *is* in Millwall, and who wants to visit there unless absolutely necessary.

Nothing else below 83%. I'd say we've done pretty well.

Full disclosure: I haven't actually attended a match, home or away, for about 4 years. 

11 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I jumped as we scored and got squashed against the fence about 3 feet off the floor for about 2 minutes.

Happy, heady days.

It wa a great day marred only by our transit van gerrin smashed up 

7 hours ago, erathirea said:

Not just an average of 2023, but also an average 84% of the allocation. 

82% when on Sky, and 86% when *not* on Sky.

Worst fixtures: 52%+ v Boro, lunchtime kickoff, on Sky. 4.5 hour round trip

64%, v WBA, mid week evening kickoff, on Sky. 2 hour round trip

69%, v Wigan, Saturday 3pm kickoff, 3.5 hour round trip.

69%, v Millwall, Saturday 3pm kickoff, 6 hour round trip, BUT it *is* in Millwall, and who wants to visit there unless absolutely necessary.

Nothing else below 83%. I'd say we've done pretty well.

Full disclosure: I haven't actually attended a match, home or away, for about 4 years. 

Dunt apologize Shag . You are still a supporter. It's only them wi a broom handle up their a***  who like ta tell ya they are season ticket holders as though they are better than us... It's rather like the remainers

20 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Dunt apologize Shag . You are still a supporter. It's only them wi a broom handle up their a***  who like ta tell ya they are season ticket holders as though they are better than us... It's rather like the remainers

But us Remainers are right Owd.........

12 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Happy, heady days.

My mate Nick lost one of his contact lenses in the mayhem and I dropped my meat pie. What a day that was !

Archived