'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

1 hour ago, Pub Breath said:

Not remotely.  I doubt anyone with half a brain thought that he'd only had Derby's training session watched this season.  So he's just confirming what we all knew would be the case anyway and whether it's 1 or 23, it's the same thing. 

I honestly don't think people understand this citation enough.  There's no defined rule that has been broken.  Only this notional idea of "respect".  If the EFL/FA tried to punish us with anything that deeply affected the club (points) we would take them to court and win at a canter.  You can't backwards apply punitive laws to organisations, the courts would never allow that.  "Bringing the game into disrepute" does not carry points deductions so again, if they tried that route it would be thrown out.  The authorities know that and will be taking legal advice on it if they even dare think about that.  They will not waste their time on it.

I know you all want to believe that there will be a massive, punishing measure taken against LUFC here but it's just never going to happen.  More and more ex-players and managers are coming out and admitting this stuff goes on all the time, it's normal.  Derby will have done it, I absolutely assure you.  The can of worms that would be opened up would be never ending if they backwards applied a law here. 

Like the "resignation", you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

Is this legal action threat the same as that Mr Revie made to the Daily Mirror in 1972? He of course never followed it through , just bluster to obsfucate the matter.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bielsa is missing the point to be honest.

He's given a full 1hr presentation sharing the amount of detail he produces on opposition teams which was completely unnecessary as was sharing information on Wilson particularly. We don't care about that, every single team in the league does that.. Don't show off and get cocky. There are data analysis staff at every single club nowadays and that's why clubs employ scouts. The point is simple, he's overstepped the boundaries by going to a teams personal training ground and caught with binoculars and pliers. 

It's unethical by going to the training ground. As frank says even by spotting that Wilson wasn't in training is enough to gain that unfair advantage. Don't try and draw attention away from what you've done and give us a presentation on your break down on teams and players. 

My view is unchanged. If the spy was not trespassing and was on the public highway then no issue.

If the spy was trespassing then Leeds would be out of order.

basically, if i'm driving or walking past and chose to stop and watch a bit of training then whats wrong with that?

if frank wants to keep it secret then we'll have to screen off the relevant pitch.

its impossible to police. Can't stop every dog walker. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

My view is unchanged. If the spy was not trespassing and was on the public highway then no issue.

If the spy was trespassing then Leeds would be out of order.

basically, if i'm driving or walking past and chose to stop and watch a bit of training then whats wrong with that?

if frank wants to keep it secret then we'll have to screen off the relevant pitch.

its impossible to police. Can't stop every dog walker. 

Leeds are a complete bunch of dog walkers!

Can’t understand the argument that he was on a public highway so that makes it okay. If you were to get caught peeping I’m not sure the argument that you’re on public property holds up. Derby clearly didn’t want or given permission for any Leeds staff member to watch our training session. Don’t know how your exactly meant to fully close off a training ground which is outdoors, so it’s just a matter of trust between clubs not to do things like this. Leeds have breached this trust and acted imorally whichever way you look at it.

Just now, SIWY said:

Can’t understand the argument that he was on a public highway so that makes it okay. If you were to get caught peeping I’m not sure the argument that you’re on public property holds up. Derby clearly didn’t want or given permission for any Leeds staff member to watch our training session. Don’t know how your exactly meant to fully close off a training ground which is outdoors, so it’s just a matter of trust between clubs not to do things like this. Leeds have breached this trust and acted imorally whichever way you look at it.

Think it’s beyond Thursday, Derby and Moor Farm, it’s much bigger than that now he’s admitted to doing it at every training ground.

Would have been a far more interesting press conference had he revealed how his spies found access to view training at each club they visited, not the lengthy analysis PowerPoint to wow journalists that seem to be oblivious that clubs do this up and down the country.

3 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

I think Bielsa is missing the point to be honest.

He's given a full 1hr presentation sharing the amount of detail he produces on opposition teams which was completely unnecessary as was sharing information on Wilson particularly. We don't care about that, every single team in the league does that.. Don't show off and get cocky. There are data analysis staff at every single club nowadays and that's why clubs employ scouts. The point is simple, he's overstepped the boundaries by going to a teams personal training ground and caught with binoculars and pliers. 

It's unethical by going to the training ground. As frank says even by spotting that Wilson wasn't in training is enough to gain that unfair advantage. Don't try and draw attention away from what you've done and give us a presentation on your break down on teams and players. 

And he’s also shown the rest of the league how to beat us and other teams. Me thinks that it’s been done deliberately. Bielsa is a very clever man. The cynic in me thinks that Bielsa deliberately told the spy to get caught to throw us off, which it did tbf. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Think it’s beyond Thursday, Derby and Moor Farm, it’s much bigger than that now he’s admitted to doing it at every training ground.

Would have been a far more interesting press conference had he revealed how his spies found access to view training at each club they visited, not the lengthy analysis PowerPoint to wow journalists that seem to be oblivious that clubs do this up and down the country.

Fans do most of this up and down the country from their computers ?

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Fans do most of this up and down the country from their computers ?

Harry Wilson has spent 1747 minutes on the pitch in a Derby shirt this season with a 76.9% pass success rate from a total of 680 passes. He’s also had 46 shots from outside the box and just 14 inside the penalty area. Also out of the 1747 minutes he’s spent on the pitch he’s only been caught offside 3 times, that would possibly be higher if we used VAR in every game.

Anyway, give me half hour I’ll knock this up into a spreadsheet and blow your mind with my projector ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Harry Wilson has spent 1747 minutes on the pitch in a Derby shirt this season with a 76.9% pass success rate from a total of 680 passes. He’s also had 46 shots from outside the box and just 14 inside the penalty area. Also out of the 1747 minutes he’s spent on the pitch he’s only been caught offside 3 times, that would possibly be higher if we used VAR in every game.

Anyway, give me half hour I’ll knock this up into a spreadsheet and blow your mind with my projector ?

What about which positions he plays and which he plays in most? Does he dribble past his man often? Defensive side of his game... tracking back, tackling, clearing it vs passing out, etc..

You’ll never be able to join Bielsa’s scouting network ?

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What about which positions he plays and which he plays in most? Does he dribble past his man often? Defensive side of his game... tracking back, tackling, clearing it vs passing out, etc..

You’ll never be able to join Bielsa’s scouting network ?

Thanks for triggering my anxiety. Won’t sleep tonight now.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Thanks for triggering my anxiety. Won’t sleep tonight now.

Don't stress about it, just buy next seasons 'Marcelo Bielsa Football Manager' game.  It will be a 3 week download and fill 74 hard drives (and thats only if you run the top division in England, Spain and Italy)

Archived