'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

As impressive as Bielsa is, I can't help but feel that the primary objective of this press conference is just to spectacularly divert attention from the spying.

Showing everybody that you don't need to cheat isn't actually that effective a way of explaining why you DID cheat.

It’s exactly that, we have a “War Room” at Moor Farm that collects data and all kinds of stats, screens and computers everywhere,all this more information than Frank himself is rubbish. None of this is impressive in the slightest, just a diversion tactic to show why he doesn’t need it, yet admitted right at the start they do it to verify the information they have and starting line ups a day early.

It’s amusing watching the Leeds fans in the early tweets begging him to stop, then switch to the mans a genius because he’s showing a few stats on Harry Wilson. Can only assume this is breaking news to them and never seen anything like it, a prisoner for 20 years being released and handed an iPhone for the first time.

He’s a mad man and just made this a much bigger problem for the club, I can’t see the likes of Boro, Villa owners laughing this off. 

I had no idea what punishment the EFL would hand out, thought it would be a fine maybe and a reminder of integrity, now I think they really could be looking at a points deduction. Stunned he’s been allowed to do this tonight. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Leeds have probably had a tip off that another club has also reported the spying, therefore just come out and say it’s the norm and hope that any sanctions are placed just on him.

His hypocrisy is my biggest gripe, if he really believes it doesn’t provide an advantage, why do it in the first place ?

Perhaps he’s trying to minimise it to just knowing Wilson wasn’t fit enough to play, and that he already knew about it anyway ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, David said:

I had no idea what punishment the EFL would hand out, thought it would be a fine maybe and a reminder of integrity, now I think they really could be looking at a points deduction. Stunned he’s been allowed to do this tonight. 

Spying on one team, once, or even twice, is one thing.

Spying on every single team in the league? Not on. How can anyone justify this? How can anyone suggest that this doesn't give Leeds an unfair advantage?

With just Mel Morris barking at the league, I thought Bielsa would just get away with a fine. But, like you say, with all the other league chairmen behind him, I think Leeds are going to find themselves in hot water very, very soon.

They can laugh and post gifs of mic-drops for now. Let's see how it all plays out for them.

3 minutes ago, David said:

It’s exactly that, we have a “War Room” at Moor Farm that collects data and all kinds of stats, screens and computers everywhere,all this more information than Frank himself is rubbish. None of this is impressive in the slightest, just a diversion tactic to show why he doesn’t need it, yet admitted right at the start they do it to verify the information they have and starting line ups a day early.

It’s amusing watching the Leeds fans in the early tweets begging him to stop, then switch to the mans a genius because he’s showing a few stats on Harry Wilson. Can only assume this is breaking news to them and never seen anything like it, a prisoner for 20 years being released and handed an iPhone for the first time.

He’s a mad man and just made this a much bigger problem for the club, I can’t see the likes of Boro, Villa owners laughing this off. 

Exactly this. I’m seeing Leeds fans saying that we’ve been exposed to the league. How exactly? He’s shown some interesting statistics but it’s nothing ground breaking. 

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I get it - he’s trying to undermine the advantage he gets from spying. The point is every team can analyse the opponent (even to the extent he does) but it doesn’t negate what spying achieves:

He can overload us with all the information he wants, but the statement above is enough for me to say he’s still in the wrong. 

Don’t get distracted, people.

I won’t its what I put on this thread before the press conference 

that is the crux of it, up to date information so that he can pick his team accordingly- in my book it is a form of cheating 

the football league should receive complaints from every league club in the championship 

here is a solution award them one point instead of the three they gained and award every other team one point if they got beat or will we have another situation of cheating being successful 

TobyWanKenobi

This man called a press conference to brag about his scouting techniques and dissect DCFC weaknesses in front of the world. This bloke is a next level troll and he's got massive balls and I like him.

At this point Lamps should be looking at paying Leeds a consultation fee for telling him the sides weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Exactly this. I’m seeing Leeds fans saying that we’ve been exposed to the league. How exactly? He’s shown some interesting statistics but it’s nothing ground breaking. 

Whether in reality it's useful to anyone or not isn't really the point, and it only brings the game into disrepute even more than he already has.

Simple solution.

Take Leeds TV and League money for the season, divide it by 46, then pay that amount out to every team for each game they've played against Leeds.

The leftover amount would be a suspended fine until the end of the season, to stop them doing it again.

Archived