'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

"When you got to watch a training session of the opponent, you get this information the day before a game or you confirm the information you already have."

What is he doing?! If I was a Leeds fan I'd be praying he shut up. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bielsa must be concerned too, otherwise why defend yourself so hard before an investigation has even contacted you.

He obviously feels as tbough this is an attack on him, and has gone about this press conference the wrong way because of it.

Either that or he has been very, very poorly advised.

Bielsa says his staff watched all 51 games Derby played last season. Each game took four hours to analyse. "Why did we do that? Because we think this is professional behaviour. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in."

Those poor poor people having to watch all of Rowett's games.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah. 

He played dirty, he's been caught, they won, we lost. Not sure why it's not been left to die.  

As I see it,

Bielsa is doing this right now for a reason that is going to benefit him.

Leeds fans have cried about being a victim for days about this for a reason. Bielsa talked about a siege mentalilty, and that’s what all this is. Leeds vs everybody else nonsense. Even before this press conference, if he resigned its ‘so Leeds’ and then when it starts and he’s got a PowerPoint out then that’s ‘so Leeds’.

Apart from a small minority on here I don’t think anyone really cares in fairness though? I’ve expressed on this thread what I think about it, and I have no intention to repeat myself.

But this now by Bielsa is pure theatre, he’s doing it for a reason and I have no wish to embrace him in it.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The EFL/FA don't want to become embroiled in any controversy over potential punishments and he's giving them all the ammunition they need to justify any action.  Support for his 'antics' will slowly start to dissolve as well now.

Not remotely.  I doubt anyone with half a brain thought that he'd only had Derby's training session watched this season.  So he's just confirming what we all knew would be the case anyway and whether it's 1 or 23, it's the same thing. 

I honestly don't think people understand this citation enough.  There's no defined rule that has been broken.  Only this notional idea of "respect".  If the EFL/FA tried to punish us with anything that deeply affected the club (points) we would take them to court and win at a canter.  You can't backwards apply punitive laws to organisations, the courts would never allow that.  "Bringing the game into disrepute" does not carry points deductions so again, if they tried that route it would be thrown out.  The authorities know that and will be taking legal advice on it if they even dare think about that.  They will not waste their time on it.

I know you all want to believe that there will be a massive, punishing measure taken against LUFC here but it's just never going to happen.  More and more ex-players and managers are coming out and admitting this stuff goes on all the time, it's normal.  Derby will have done it, I absolutely assure you.  The can of worms that would be opened up would be never ending if they backwards applied a law here. 

Like the "resignation", you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, MK said:

Bielsa says his staff watched all 51 games Derby played last season. Each game took four hours to analyse. "Why did we do that? Because we think this is professional behaviour. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in."

Those poor poor people having to watch all of Rowett's games.

‘Today a petition was started by Derby County fans for Bielsa to receive no punishment from the EFL believing he and his team had “suffered enough”’

1 minute ago, Pub Breath said:

Like the "resignation", you're setting yourself up for a massive disappointment. 

It was the Leeds fans on twitter and other SM that were bothered about a resignation.

We were just laughing at you (and still are)

Hope that helps

Archived